QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Some things need to be in color.
Agree

10-04-2017, 12:24 PM   #40802
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

That B&W image does not quite have the aesthetics I was taught, by a guy who later became a Rhodes Scholar, were necessary for B&W photos.

Sorry for the heresy of discussing photos here.
10-04-2017, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #40803
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
That B&W image does not quite have the aesthetics I was taught, by a guy who later became a Rhodes Scholar, were necessary for B&W photos.

Sorry for the heresy of discussing photos here.
As long as those photos were not taken with a K3, no heresy has occurred.
10-04-2017, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #40804
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
My yard man is a Norwegian. He is 82+, talks funny and is a hard worker. Small skinny little guy, he can't stand still or he loses his balance and will fall over. Good personality and friendly ways. Swears Mrs Rupert must be my daughter....and constantly reminds me that those squirrels "are damn fine eating".
I kinda think all nationalities are good people......or have an abundance of good people. We are all more alike than we are different. Bad people spoil it for everyone.

Regards!

I found I usually start by assuming people to be good and then allowing them to justify or contradict my assumption.

10-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #40805
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
As long as those photos were not taken with a K3, no heresy has occurred.

Oh! I thought, from allthe other remarks in this thread that photography was almost outlawed here.
10-04-2017, 12:35 PM - 2 Likes   #40806
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh! I thought, from allthe other remarks in this thread that photography was almost outlawed here.
It is not, but if it was, a few people here would have to admit to actually owning a K3. It's more of a don't ask, don't tell thing. And I'm not telling so don't ask.
10-04-2017, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #40807
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I found I usually start by assuming people to be good and then allowing them to justify or contradict my assumption.
Sort of goes along with some advice my Granddad gave me many years ago. I was complaining that a person I thought was a friend and good guy was neither. My Granddad said that somewhere along the line, in my quest for the best, I had not been listening. Keep listening......the truth is there if you do. Can't a say how many times I have found this to be true...but it is a lot! Sometimes it is a subtle few words that tell the story.....so you have to be listening closely. Hard for me.......since I am always busy talking.....

Regards!

10-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #40808
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sort of goes along with some advice my Granddad gave me many years ago. I was complaining that a person I thought was a friend and good guy was neither. My Granddad said that somewhere along the line, in my quest for the best, I had not been listening. Keep listening......the truth is there if you do. Can't a say how many times I have found this to be true...but it is a lot! Sometimes it is a subtle few words that tell the story.....so you have to be listening closely. Hard for me.......since I am always busy talking.....

Regards!
Rupert,

Do you think that there will come a time when we will get as wise as out grandparents were? I will have to remember that adage. It is a great one. Very wise man your grandfather.
10-04-2017, 03:03 PM - 2 Likes   #40809
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

and boiled.
10-04-2017, 03:03 PM - 2 Likes   #40810
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Do you think that there will come a time when we will get as wise as out grandparents were? I will have to remember that adage. It is a great one. Very wise man your grandfather.
Probably not....We have grown up in a world where a lot of thinking has been done for us.....we are used to "someone" watching over us in numerous ways. My Granddad had to depend on his own wits and the advice of his dad and grandfather, both wise men....I've heard him say they were much wiser than he was himself, but grateful for what they taught him.
Sort of like the cashiers that can't make change if they forget to punch in the amount tendered. So much is done for us...more than we realize. When it comes to life skills, few are taught in schools nowadays.....most time is spent on passing tests and not learning. There is a difference...a big difference.
We have a lot of very dumb people...it is no joke, it is very real. I sometimes watch that Catfish program and find it unimaginable that people can be so naive...or just plain stupid. When they find they have been totally fooled, blindsided and made ridiculously stupid, they seem like it is a huge shock! Common sense and street smarts do not seem to exist in abundance nowadays.
I could go on and on...but you get the point....and can no doubt give me as many examples as I can give you.
I'll leave you with this thought.....squirrels are pretty damn smart.....Been reading more of the Squirrel Book that Walter (WPRESTO) sent me a while back. It is a thick book and the more I read the more I have respect for the little furry rodents! Wonderful book!
Squirrels: The Animal Answer Guide (The Animal Answer Guides: Q&A for the Curious Naturalist): Richard W. Thorington Jr., Katie E. Ferrell: 9780801884030: amazon.com: Books?tag=pentaxforums-20&

Regards!
10-04-2017, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #40811
Veteran Member

squirrels are pretty damn smart
Yesterday I watched a squirrel hop into the yard with a walnut in its mouth.
With very little rain lately the ground is as hard as a wedding di..., can't say it here, so he/she chose the soft digging in one of Mrs Bob's potted plants.
That always thrills her when they dig them out.
10-04-2017, 04:42 PM   #40812
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

..Been reading more of the Squirrel Book that Walter (WPRESTO) sent me a while back. It is a thick book and the more I read the more I have respect for the little furry rodents! Wonderful book!
Squirrels: The Animal Answer Guide (The Animal Answer Guides: Q&A for the Curious Naturalist): Richard W. Thorington Jr., Katie E. Ferrell: 9780801884030: amazon.com: Books?tag=pentaxforums-20&

Regards!

Happy you're still finding something interesting in that book. The peanuts are long gone
10-04-2017, 04:51 PM - 2 Likes   #40813
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
think senility is going to be a fairly easy transition for me.
Jim
I don't think Bob will disagree with you......boil away!
10-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #40814
Veteran Member

never assume...the first rule of my childhood

the second...don't screw with me and I won't screw with you

as an aside...one of my brothers was quite an accomplished criminal...he assumed people were good and stupid, thus his next target
10-04-2017, 05:55 PM - 4 Likes   #40815
Veteran Member

Yesterday I watched a squirrel hop into the yard with a walnut in its mouth.
With very little rain lately the ground is as hard as a wedding di..., can't say it here, so he/she chose the soft digging in one of Mrs Bob's potted plants.
That always thrills her when they dig them out.
"We just like to keep them cultivated and well trimmed!"

"Mrs Rupert doesn't always appreciate our efforts..."

---------- Post added 10-04-17 at 08:09 PM ----------

With very little rain lately the ground is as hard as a wedding di..., can't say it here
Tried to figure that one out.....di? .......di?....di? Old Rupert is a little slow but I got it...finally! Wedding.....Diamond! Sure you can say it here Bob...it's just things that start with "S" that get you in the basement.

So how did it go on the Aggie's wedding night? He followed his fellow Aggie's instructions to the letter.......It's simple, take the hardest thing you've got and put it where she pees. He dropped his bowling ball in the toilet.

Regards!