Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
11-10-2017, 05:15 PM - 3 Likes   #41746
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just got one of these little critters a few weeks ago. A Weber Q 1,200 portable propane gas grill. Pretty handy. Built like a tank.

11-10-2017, 08:29 PM - 2 Likes   #41747
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I just got one of these little critters a few weeks ago. A Weber Q 1,200 portable propane gas grill. Pretty handy. Built like a tank.
I like the looks of that one! I can see where it could be extra handy!

Grilling is out for me...haven't been outside all week. Can't get away from my oxygen for even a few minutes now. Miserable stuff!

Don't need to do any grilling...Bob does all the grilling we need and better than we can do it!

Regards!
11-10-2017, 11:03 PM   #41748
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Can't get away from my oxygen for even a few minutes
None of can, Rupert. None of us...

keep the shiny side up!
ROn
11-10-2017, 11:53 PM - 1 Like   #41749
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by squareeyes Quote
None of can, Rupert. None of us...

keep the shiny side up!
ROn

He still has his hair on, see earlier pictures. So the top is not shiny.

When at school we had a teacher we were in trouble for calling Chromedome. There was a boy a year or two ahead of me who got a detention for asking I'm what kind of polish he used.

11-11-2017, 04:36 AM - 1 Like   #41750
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote

When at school we had a teacher we were in trouble for calling Chromedome. There was a boy a year or two ahead of me who got a detention for asking I'm what kind of polish he used.
We had an engineer at work who was bald from a young age. He took a lot of good natured ribbing over it. One day he came into work and hung a plaque on the wall of his cubical. His wife had given it to him. It said "A bald head is a solar panel for a sex machine." Nobody seemed to pick on him after that.
11-11-2017, 05:18 AM   #41751
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

HAIR: comb it, cut it, style it, de-tangle it, dye it, put it up, let it down, search through it for ticks, keep it from falling out - - - HIGHLY OVER RATED STUFF. Genetics + Chemo gave me a really good cut. Now I need a barber only twice a year (for about 90 seconds) and one of those little shampoo bottles you get in a motel will last me a couple months. Hair? Let gravity have it.
11-11-2017, 05:48 AM - 3 Likes   #41752
Veteran Member

11-11-2017, 06:50 AM   #41753
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
You have squirrels over your junk?
That's nuts!

Very nice St Louis Cardinal shot!
Go Jays.

11-11-2017, 06:54 AM - 1 Like   #41754
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I hope she was equally accepting of the occasional playgirl on the mattress.
What?

11-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #41755
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
We had an engineer at work who was bald from a young age. He took a lot of good natured ribbing over it. One day he came into work and hung a plaque on the wall of his cubical. His wife had given it to him. It said "A bald head is a solar panel for a sex machine." Nobody seemed to pick on him after that.
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
HAIR: comb it, cut it, style it, de-tangle it, dye it, put it up, let it down, search through it for ticks, keep it from falling out - - - HIGHLY OVER RATED STUFF. Genetics + Chemo gave me a really good cut. Now I need a barber only twice a year (for about 90 seconds) and one of those little shampoo bottles you get in a motel will last me a couple months. Hair? Let gravity have it.
I still have all the hair I started with, and a little added by puberty. As soon as I could grow one, I wore a beard until it started turning grey, now I shave all but a horseshoe mustache.

Since my teens I have let my hair grow long, shoulder length, longer sometimes, followed the shag and mullet styles, then let it grow until it would grow no longer. It stopped a few inches below my belt. I kept it like that for about 10 years. When I left the power company and took a job driving trucks, the first time I had to throw tarps on a load in Louisiana, in July, I decided it was time to clean up my act. When I got back home I washed it up, had Mrs. Racer braid it real nice, and cut it off. Stuck it in a bag for posterity.

That was 10 years ago.

Mrs. Racer would give me a haircut every other time I returned from a run, and when I hung up the keys to go build airplane wings she sat me down every 6 to 8 weeks for a cleanup. A nice, cleancut look.

About this time last year, I started dodging the haircuts, and I can almost wear a decent pony tail now. She pestered me until late January to sit for a trim, then one day asked if I was letting it grow out again.

"Of course", I said.

I also started letting the ends of the horseshoe mustache grow. At about 3 inches I started braiding it, using some pomade to keep it neat. I cut it back to about 5 inches every couple of months, the longest it has gotten is about 7 or 8 inches. Mrs. racer likes it better when I let it hang free, but I prefer the neatness of the braid.

It is interesting the reactions and comment it draws. More men comment when it is braided, more women comment when it is not braided. One woman said it looked like walrus tusks.
11-11-2017, 07:19 AM - 1 Like   #41756
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
What?
Burt hasn't aged as well as some of us.
edit, well he is 81, older than I thought.

11-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #41757
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Burt hasn't aged as well as some of us.
edit, well he is 81, older than I thought.
Looks like the hair club for men planted a nice crop to replace the chrome with a rug he seemed so ashamed of.

And I'd bet he still thinks he's the best looking stud around.
11-11-2017, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #41758
Veteran Member

This is the longest I ever let mine grow, me on the right in the killer shirt.

11-11-2017, 08:28 AM - 1 Like   #41759
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

....I've had all kinds of hair configurations....

...but this is my favorite.....the "carefree look" is hard to beat!

All the many,many, X-rays and drugs I have taken in the last 6 months have thinned my hair considerably. At this point, it doesn't matter much though. No telling what else all those drugs and stuff are really doing? I'm pretty sure they are killing us in the long term...while maybe saving us in the short term? I'm at the point where I don't worry much about them......one way or another they won't matter much.
11-11-2017, 08:32 AM - 1 Like   #41760
Veteran Member

This is the longest I ever let mine grow, me on the right in the killer shirt.
I saw the photo, but it's a blank image now. The forum must have decided it was too ugly...