Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #4231
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote

In related news, I busted my tail bone outside the pharmacy yesterday. And it really hurts!
That I hear it very painful and not a darned thing you can do except suffer.

Poor Dan.

02-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #4232
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And what does this have to do with cheese? Or has that topic been thrown under the bus? Actually, the cheese emphasis of a few days ago WAS kinda boring. Coffee anyone? Or are we going to stick with frigid computers?
02-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #4233
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
My wife got a series of this type image, reputably from Russia. I can see where this one might be faked but the house and car images not so much.
Actually in northern Minnesota ditches, the power lines are pretty much 13 feet above the bottom of the ditch. So the ditch is three feet deep, then the snow comes, with wind, drifting over the ditch and now the guy is standing ten feet below the power lines.

Draw your own conclusions.
02-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #4234
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
That I hear it very painful and not a darned thing you can do except suffer.
Yep, it's a pain in the rear, so to speak.

And when the fall is occurring, there's that moment when you know exactly how you're going to land, and it's going to hurt. Yowwww!

Can't put a splint on it. Sitting sideways for the duration is so much fun.

02-01-2014, 05:43 PM - 1 Like   #4235
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

And dansamy streaks back into 2nd place with another like. This is really a horse race, folks!! Oh dear, I hope I'm not offending anyone.
02-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #4236
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Seriously? See, now I know I AM just not equipped to deal with the snow & ice. Gimme my sandals back! I seriously, no lie, had to BUY an ACTUAL jacket. (All I previously owned was a zippered hoodie, because that's all I've needed.) Now they're saying we might get hit again next weekend. WTF?!?
The hoodie is for above zero and a real coat is for below zero. Hope that helps. It's a trade off. We got cold, you got dog sized spiders!!
02-01-2014, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #4237
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Yep, it's a pain in the rear, so to speak.

And when the fall is occurring, there's that moment when you know exactly how you're going to land, and it's going to hurt. Yowwww!

Can't put a splint on it. Sitting sideways for the duration is so much fun.
One of my homeschooling mom friends said, "Get it xrayed." Um, WHY? It can't be splinted or casted. The only thing the doc will do for it that I can't do for myself is write a Rx for opiods, which I won't take. Ice/heat rotation. Tylenol & Motrin. And time!

02-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #4238
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Or are we going to stick with frigid computers?
Done with that subject matter...most likely.
I did watch it do a second CHCK disc last night, while enjoying a nice cheese-stake sub with sauteed peppers and onions
02-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #4239
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

One of my homeschooling mom friends said, "Get it xrayed." Um, WHY? It can't be splinted or casted. The only thing the doc will do for it that I can't do for myself is write a Rx for opiods, which I won't take. Ice/heat rotation. Tylenol & Motrin. And time!
Once in a while we'd have someone come in and say they thought they'd broken a toe. We'd tape it to the one next to it and send them one their way. "Aren't you going to x-ray it ??!?!" No, the treatment is the same whether it's broken or sprained so why waste the the time, effort and taxpayers' money?
A fractured coccyx is the same situation. (Though given the choice, I'd prefer a broken toe.)
02-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #4240
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Once in a while we'd have someone come in and say they thought they'd broken a toe. We'd tape it to the one next to it and send them one their way. "Aren't you going to x-ray it ??!?!" No, the treatment is the same whether it's broken or sprained so why waste the the time, effort and taxpayers' money?
A fractured coccyx is the same situation. (Though given the choice, I'd prefer a broken toe.)
I'll agree, had both: toe is better than coccyx. Even various toes, several times (I bang into walls far too easily). Ice only got me once, playing hockey.
02-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #4241
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

dansamy is in the lead again. Way to go! This thread surely has the winner of the day!
02-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #4242
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
The only thing the doc will do for it that I can't do for myself is write a Rx for opiods, which I won't take. Ice/heat rotation. Tylenol & Motrin. And time!
Tylenol is very bad for you. Oxycontin (all by itself, not combined with acetaminophen) is not. And used judiciously is very effective at reducing pain, with no risk of dependence or health risks.

And because of that I can get by without a K3.
02-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #4243
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

dansamy is in the lead again. Way to go! This thread surely has the winner of the day!
This thread is the winner of all time.
02-01-2014, 06:21 PM - 1 Like   #4244
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
This thread is the winner of all time.
And we will make sure it stays that way.
02-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #4245
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Tylenol is very bad for you. Oxycontin (all by itself, not combined with acetaminophen) is not. And used judiciously is very effective at reducing pain, with no risk of dependence or health risks.

And because of that I can get by without a K3.
I've seen two patients die from liver failure due to Tylenol overdose. It isn't pretty, it doesn't take as much as most people might think, and there are no symptoms until it's too late. Acetaminophen is probably the most dangerous OTC drug on the market.