Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
01-11-2018, 09:54 PM - 1 Like   #43771
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I'd need 4 or 5 of those for one MRE.
I always manage to wrangle a few bottles from others, makes it almost taste like food.

01-12-2018, 07:55 AM - 2 Likes   #43772
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Either I got better MREs back in the day, or my bar is set a lot lower than y'alls...
01-12-2018, 08:19 AM - 1 Like   #43773
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Either I got better MREs back in the day, or my bar is set a lot lower than y'alls...
Don't go by what Bert says, he likes haggis, and I suspect is a closet lutefisk eater.
01-12-2018, 08:40 AM - 2 Likes   #43774
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I know you guys are worrying yourselves sick over my absence, but there's no need to. Really! Back from the bush in one piece despite a buffalo surprising us. Damn those rangers are quick to load their rifles. The old bull decided to turn and run, though.

Far between the WiFi spots here up in the mountains, so again, if you don't hear from me the next couple of days, don't worry, just have a beer - or some shoe polish - and all will free fine.

Btw, no haggis or K-3 in sight!

01-12-2018, 08:50 AM - 2 Likes   #43775
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Back from the bush in one piece
No comment on that, but thanks for the update, and enjoy the mountains!
01-12-2018, 09:42 AM - 1 Like   #43776
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I know you guys are worrying yourselves sick over my absence, but there's no need to. Really! Back from the bush in one piece despite a buffalo surprising us. Damn those rangers are quick to load their rifles. The old bull decided to turn and run, though.

Far between the WiFi spots here up in the mountains, so again, if you don't hear from me the next couple of days, don't worry, just have a beer - or some shoe polish - and all will free fine.

Btw, no haggis or K-3 in sight!
On my one and only trip so far to Tanzania I mentioned that I thought the AKs being carried by the Rangers would not be effective against large game

I was told that other than noise that could be right but they were carried not for animals but because of poachers
01-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #43777
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Don't go by what Bert says, he likes haggis, and I suspect is a closet lutefisk eater.
True enough! (I have actually tried both - and once was enough!)

01-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #43778
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
On my one and only trip so far to Tanzania I mentioned that I thought the AKs being carried by the Rangers would not be effective against large game

I was told that other than noise that could be right but they were carried not for animals but because of poachers
The rounds an AK fires would probably be OK against most of the critters out there - IF you have very careful shot placement... Against a charging buffalo, I'd agree with the rangers! Not a lot of opportunity for careful placement there.

(a lot of the old professional hunters and guides used to carry rifles chambered for the 7x57 Mauser round, even lighter than the 7.62x39 - it was used on many an elephant) And no, I do NOT advocate more hunting of them just in case anyone thought I might...
01-12-2018, 11:39 AM   #43779
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

True enough! (I have actually tried both - and once was enough!)
never had lutefisk but I liked the haggis I sampled

what is wrong folks, you don't like sausage???
01-12-2018, 12:26 PM - 2 Likes   #43780
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bob @robtcorl will get this one:

Maull’s BBQ Sauce

Read the letter from Louis lV (Lou-ee) about barbequeing, St. Louis summers and pork steak (did someone say bacon?) - what a delicacy! Mosquitos? Meh. Barbecue smoke filters out the skeeters!

Maull’s are currently experiencing a small ‘disharmony of cash flows’ but ‘someone’ stepped in financially and grills should be smokin’ again real soon.

* I just saw a carrier pass by loaded with wrecked sedans no doubt headed for recycling. Someone had sprayed ‘Racer X’ on the side of an 80’s Pontiac

Last edited by monochrome; 01-12-2018 at 12:45 PM.
01-12-2018, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #43781
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
what is wrong folks, you don't like sausage???
not if it's made from sheep's pluck.
01-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #43782
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Maull’s BBQ sauce.
I wonder how much of it is still on store shelves after the factory shutdown scare.
01-12-2018, 12:35 PM - 2 Likes   #43783
Veteran Member

There edible enough, I don't mind eating them - but any more than a week and you are craving real food.
Never tried lutefisk, and it doesn't sound very good. But Haggis, delicious!
I know you guys are worrying yourselves sick over my absence, but there's no need to.
Damn it! He's back. Good to see you again!
01-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #43784
Veteran Member

The rounds an AK fires would probably be OK against most of the critters out there - IF you have very careful shot placement... Against a charging buffalo, I'd agree with the rangers! Not a lot of opportunity for careful placement there.

(a lot of the old professional hunters and guides used to carry rifles chambered for the 7x57 Mauser round, even lighter than the 7.62x39 - it was used on many an elephant) And no, I do NOT advocate more hunting of them just in case anyone thought I might...
Just like the good ol' Lee-Enfield .303s were used on everything from rats to polar bears and elephants.
01-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #43785
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wonder how much of it is still on store shelves after the factory shutdown scare.
South St. Louis, Sunset Hills, Glendale/Kirkwood are picked clean, that’s for sure. Effin Louie’s an effin idiot.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-12-2018 at 02:13 PM.