Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2014, 02:20 AM - 1 Like   #4366
Site Supporter

As posted earlier, somewhere in this behemoth, it could say Fisher Price on it. As long as it uses the K mount & is a good camera, Ricoh could tattoo their name on my back if they gave me a K-3.

02-04-2014, 02:23 AM   #4367
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Uf Da!

I had to work graveyard for 6 months when I served my journeyman mechanic apprenticeship. Not my time of day. I could not get to sleep when I got home in the morning. It was 4-10's. The 6 month stint started in October and ended in March, so what little daylight there was didn't amount to much.

When I got off work it was dark, when I went to wok it was dark, all night long it was dark.

By Friday morning I would be so wrung out I could barely walk. I would get home and fall into bed totally exhausted. Usually I woke up sometime late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. I would be so disoriented and had no clue what day it was or if it was 6 am or 6 pm.

I caught a cold the first week and could not shake it. I was sick almost the entire 6 months.

When the 6 month stint was up I was delighted to get back to swing shift. I started at 3:30 in the afternoon, got off at 11:30 (paid lunch, 5-8's). I lived 10 minutes from the shop and would be home and in bed by midnight, and wake up ready to rock at 7 every day. It was like having the day off every day. I got yard work and housework done during the day and had my weekends free.

Loved it. Did that for almost 30 years.

If they would have had a K3 then I would not have needed it.
This post could've been3 or 4
02-04-2014, 02:25 AM   #4368
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
As posted earlier, somewhere in this behemoth, it could say Fisher Price on it. As long as it uses the K mount & is a good camera, Ricoh could tattoo their name on my back if they gave me a K-3.

That is quite the commitment!
02-04-2014, 02:31 AM   #4369
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
I live in California, The holy land for American Micro breweries! ALWAYS good brew for this beer snob!
Ah, yes, most people think of Budwater when you mention American beer. A real shame since you have so many brilliantly good micro breweries. Luckily they are cropping up over here as well, lots of good beer to be found these days

QuoteQuote:
And on topic, I dont see why its a big deal for it to say Ricoh on it, its a good camera that I can put K lenses on, still at its heart is a pentax. I am happy.
Getting way too much off-topic again! But I suppose this fits well with one of my early posts from before this thread took a healthy turn away from the OP:
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Wow. They could call it the Dinkycam for all I care as long as they keep making quality K-mount APS cameras.

02-04-2014, 02:38 AM - 1 Like   #4370
Veteran Member

Just goes off topic, then back on topic, i find it funny. I dont understand the hate behind the K-3.
It's easy, some people hate things they can't have. I'll probably hate it for another few months
02-04-2014, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #4371
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just goes off topic, then back on topic, i find it funny. I dont understand the hate behind the K-3.
What do mean? It goes off topic then back on.
Okay, who's the wise guy that posted on topic? No more of that!!

Last edited by Parallax; 02-04-2014 at 06:19 AM.
02-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #4372
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Wasn't me!! Well, other than to derail the on-topicing. It's actually quite hard to stay off topic when someone drags you down onto the dirty topic again.

Besides, it's all on topic anyway. And...

02-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #4373
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, the "K3 sample shots" thread has more views than this one!

That might be harder to mitigate than the number of postings (easy!) and likes.
02-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #4374
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I live in California, The holy land for American Micro breweries! ALWAYS good brew for this beer snob!
What?

California?

Why, we have (had actually, it closed) the Flying Pig Brewery in beautiful downtown Everwett, Washington!

And good enough reason to not get a K3.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 02-04-2014 at 09:02 AM.
02-04-2014, 08:59 AM   #4375
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow this thread has been completely derailed! On another note, I WILL be buying a k-3. take it and run with it!
Derailed?

Nah!

As long as you mention ammo, arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, camera, canon, catch 22, cheese, dachsunds, dslr, front, igunaq, k-3, k-mount, k3, kids, marital relations, pentax, pentax k-3, pentax lens, people, possums, research, ricoh, sandwich, slr lens, snoring, study, or Tokyo you are right on track!

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Derailed? What do you mean? It's chock full of reasons for not buying a K-3. Or for not buying another K-3.

And that in itself is, well, it's in my signature...
There ya go!

I dont understand the hate behind the K-3.
Please do not use four letter words here, after all this is a family oriented forum.

And it makes it impossible to even think about a K3.
02-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #4376
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
It's easy, some people hate things they can't have. I'll probably hate it for another few months
There's that word again.

How about dislike?

The other word will keep me from adding a K3 to my kit.
02-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #4377
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Ash said he was going to close or move the thread because it was off topic, so we had to stay on topic for a few pages, or at least end our posts with why we didn't want to buy a K-3. We did it for the good of the thread, please don't punish us too severely but if a price must be paid, we'll pay it gladly and without regret (or probably remorse.).
02-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #4378
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
This post could've been3 or 4
I know, but I felt the need to wait for 4,354 other forum members to post first.

Helps me keep the K3 off my list.
02-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #4379
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Ash said he was going to close or move the thread because it was off topic, so we had to stay on topic for a few pages, or at least end our posts with why we didn't want to buy a K-3. We did it for the good of the thread, please don't punish us too severely but if a price must be paid, we'll pay it gladly and without regret (or probably remorse.).
Ash?

Haven't seen him around for ages. Great guy! Makes wonderful photographs. Like you Norm!

Oh, and somebody has to be slipping a few samolians under the table to Adam, or this thread would have expired long ago!

I was so close to a K5IIs but the deal fell apart, so now a K3 is on the list again.

Somebody please stop me!
02-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #4380
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

OK, enough post whoring for me, I gotta sally forth into the rest of the forum and create some meaningful posts!

Or I may have o buy a K3.

{somebody help me, please}