Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #4711
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
"Scandinavian cooking" is an oxymoron. As a half Norwegian and half Finnish lover of French and Italian cuisine, I can say without contradiction from my sisters that the best Scandinavian cooking involves lefse, butter and brown sugar. IMHO.
Don't forget pickled herring!

02-06-2014, 10:35 AM - 1 Like   #4712
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
If you click the third button at the bottom right hand of a post you cand do a multi-quote and reply to multiple posts at once instead of making 4 posts back-to-back.
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
What does that have to do with anything?!?

Now, if that ain't a reason for not getting a K-3, well, nothing is.
Hey, we were up late last night posting on some camera forum and drinking beer.

02-06-2014, 10:37 AM   #4713
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Don't forget pickled herring!
I don't buy that very often because when I do I eat the whole jar in one sitting. Small jar, medium jar, quart, it doesn't matter. Don't stand between me and a salad bar that has pickled herring on it.
02-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #4714
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I can hardly stand the suspense; waiting to see if you survived. Surely the human body can't take that kind of abuse!!??!
It's actually been probably a decade since we've had a winter with as many hard freezes as we've had this month alone.

02-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #4715
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't buy that very often because when I do I eat the whole jar in one sitting. Small jar, medium jar, quart, it doesn't matter. Don't stand between me and a salad bar that has pickled herring on it.
It is good stuff. Salmon done that way too.

Mrs. Racer's family is from Norway, and every Christmas the home made pickled fish is plentiful.

And very tasty!
02-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #4716
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Tell me you are joking. Will we have find the OP to start a "why I won't buy a 645D thread"?

Steve
02-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #4717
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

(Just so no one gets their knickers in a twist - As a moderator, I'm not eligible to win anything.)
Did I ever mention what great m0UlAt0r you are?

Still won't make me want a K3 though.

02-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #4718
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cool! Did PF post it?

Steve
Here it is.
02-06-2014, 10:58 AM   #4719
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Beaver does not come cheap. Suck it up. Do you have any idea how much it costs to train a beaver?
Of course I'll pay up! Have you seen the teeth of those things?!
02-06-2014, 11:31 AM - 1 Like   #4720
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Photo of 645D...
It has a "dot". I cannot purchase a camera with a "dot" on the back...or is it a "tod"? I am so confused...

Steve
02-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #4721

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
Your portfolio is what should get you business, not the branding off your equipment. That said, long live PENTAX !!
02-06-2014, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #4722
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Danger Will Robinson!! DANGER!! DANGER!!

QuoteOriginally posted by geoffw Quote
Your portfolio is what should get you business, not the branding off your equipment. That said, long live PENTAX !!
OP Topic Reply Alert.
02-06-2014, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #4723
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
OP Topic Reply Alert.
Oh no! Not again......................................
02-06-2014, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #4724
Veteran Member

It has a "dot". I cannot purchase a camera with a "dot" on the back...or is it a "tod"? I am so confused...

Steve
My thoughts exactly, where's the RICOH?

Last night I had a dream where I was with Taylor Swift back stage before a Paul McCartney concert - she was going to sing with him... When Paul stepped into a room things started to get mighty tense, so I asked Taylor if it was like this before her concerts... she said not really, she had more people and goofing around. Then Paul came back, saw my Spotmatic, and said 'Oh, we used those back when we was Fab! You know I'm a vegetarian now so I hope you don't have a K-3 somewhere..."

And that's why I won't get a K-3
02-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #4725
Pentaxian

It's almost + 50° F outside at nearly 9 PM here in Poitiers ... high winds and storm alerts to the north ... Carte de vigilance M

I leave this thread for a day and now I'm lost ... this confusion and high howling winds will keep me tossing in my bed tonight !!!