Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2018, 07:36 AM   #49141
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Then you can hunt deer....there are many places where rifles are not allowed but shotguns shooting sabots/slugs are legal.
I don't know if many states allow the use of a 410 gauge for deer hunting

I know of several that do restrict deer hunting to 20 or 12 gauge shot guns or black powder weapons or pistols of a certain caliber

06-25-2018, 07:48 AM - 2 Likes   #49142
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I'm just a simple old country boy at heart.
For me there are so many places yet to be seen here in the USA that foreign travel is in second place. (even if I could afford it out of retirement savings)
Yup, even though I have been to a few places in this wide world of ours (Malaysia, Europe, USA) I have to agree, there are so many places for me to visit in my own country that I don't really need to travel abroad. That said, me and the missus are looking forward to retiring and travelling with car and trailer all around the USA and Canada
06-25-2018, 07:49 AM   #49143
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

smoked low and slow.
200? 250?
06-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #49144
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
I don't know if many states allow the use of a 410 gauge for deer hunting

I know of several that do restrict deer hunting to 20 or 12 gauge shot guns or black powder weapons or pistols of a certain caliber
I use a 20 gauge but I have seen mention of using a 410 up close and personal....not sure of the legalities...all I know is that my 20 gauge is legal here in Ontario

06-25-2018, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #49145
Veteran Member

200? 250?
250F, I rarely go lower.
06-25-2018, 07:59 AM   #49146
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I use a 20 gauge but I have seen mention of using a 410 up close and personal....not sure of the legalities...all I know is that my 20 gauge is legal here in Ontario
always check local regulations and/or laws

get hunter safety training

be safe out there
06-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #49147
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

250F, I rarely go lower.
Soooo tomorrow, I have a couple racks of ribs to cook. I have an outdoor oven with smoking capability and wouldn't mind trying a new method....any suggested recipes/cooking methods?

06-25-2018, 08:06 AM - 3 Likes   #49148
Veteran Member

be safe out there
Yes dad.
Dove hunted several years ago with a few police officer friends, had to point out to some of them that their guns were not being carried properly.
06-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #49149
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

be safe out there
Been there done that....we cannot get a hunting license here with taking the training. My son took his training just before his 16th birthday a few years ago. We really enjoy going for a walk looking for Grouse.
06-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #49150
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes dad.
Dove hunted several years ago with a few police officer friends, had to point out to some of them that their guns were not being carried properly.
I hope at the time they weren't pointing loaded weapons at you

when that happens it can be quite unsettling

an " oops, sorry about that " moment when dealing with loaded firearms can put a real damper on the day if things really go bad
06-25-2018, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #49151
Veteran Member

Soooo tomorrow, I have a couple racks of ribs to cook. I have an outdoor oven with smoking capability and wouldn't mind trying a new method....any suggested recipes/cooking methods?
In the 250F to 270F range spare ribs usually take 5 to 6 ours, loin (aka baby back) ribs an hour or so less.
Apply your favorite rub or other seasonings, cook until the end bones are well exposed, and the slab bends easily in the middle when picked up on the end with tongs.
You can speed up the cook by wrapping in foil after 3 hours, in the foil for an hour, then back out to finish.
If I foil, I add some brown sugar and butter to the meat side first. If you want them sauced, do it near the end of the cook.
06-25-2018, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #49152
Veteran Member

Been there done that....we cannot get a hunting license here with taking the training. My son took his training just before his 16th birthday a few years ago.
Same here, I went with both sons to hunter safety training.
Two different marriages, two sons, one from each, 13 years difference in age.
06-25-2018, 08:24 AM - 3 Likes   #49153
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

re: Winter Camping
The kids an I; our camp a few years ago; heated tent
Attached Images

06-25-2018, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #49154
Veteran Member

heated tent
Now I'm so disillusioned about our "hardy" brothers to the north.
06-25-2018, 09:05 AM - 1 Like   #49155
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Sadly I only spent one night there at the Shilla Hotel. Awesome place to stay. The next 13 nights were in Chungju. I did get to see the Korean Folk Village and they took me up to the DMZ but I could not get into the area where the truce talks are held that day. I tired to take a photograph of the bridge over the Inchon River? there some military personnel quickly dissuaded me of the idea.

When I was in Korea in 1992 stop lights seemed to be optional. If you were there after that is it any different now?
When I had my family with me on my first tour there, (of 5 tours in the Republic of Korea,) Stoplights were sometimes thought of as advisories. I drove a lot there and even had to train some kids from the city how to drive Hummvees and 5 Ton trucks there. (Not a great idea!) Loved everywhere I went there, but it was a bit crowded at times. The driving conditions are still crowded, but the experience level has improved a great deal so other than Drunk drivers, it is not too bad. Parking is a whole other can of worms though.
The Shilla is nice, Presidents Clinton, and Bush stayed there, after mysterious boiler issues at the Hilton. ( Must have VIPs stay in Korean owned hotels you know, )

---------- Post added 06-25-18 at 09:06 AM ----------

The kids an I; our camp a few years ago; heated tent
Heated? You had a heated tent? What are you , in the Army or something? (We used heaters in our big tents in the Army so I am just pulling your leg.)