Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2018, 08:49 AM   #49426
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
In the Italian forum we usually say we like eating even more than photography... it's an inside joke on choosing Pentax
In all honesty, and humbleness, if I had to drop either eating or taking pictures... I would continue eating.

06-26-2018, 08:51 AM - 1 Like   #49427
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
It's Casseroles et Éprouvettes by Hervé This - the Italian version of course, even though I think I could manage in French as well.
I'm sure you would. French is just mangled Italian, mostly

My borther-in-law did a Google translate of an Italian recipe a few years ago. I guess their algorithm is better now, but back then the first sentence was translated into "Expand the kitchen".

He skipped that part.
06-26-2018, 08:51 AM   #49428
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Be careful, you're getting close to banishment...
The banishment clock....

06-26-2018, 08:51 AM - 2 Likes   #49429
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In all honesty, and humbleness, if I had to drop either eating or taking pictures... I would continue eating.
one is essential to life

the other is essential to enjoying life

06-26-2018, 08:53 AM - 1 Like   #49430
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

That's my second career choice, military pilot.
Not a fighter pilot, then. I think you would have problems fitting the pipes into that small a cockpit.
06-26-2018, 08:53 AM   #49431
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Not a fighter pilot, then. I think you would have problems fitting the pipes into that small a cockpit.
Nope, helicopters.
06-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #49432
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
one is essential to life

the other is essential to enjoying life
Eating is essential to both...

06-26-2018, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #49433
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't like crispy bacon, or thin either.

Don't cook it that much, leave it soft, much nicer, in my extremely humble opinion.
So very sorry but I humbly disagree with your most humbly Scandinavian of opinions, bacon should be "just" crispy, not burnt. {in my shy humble opinion}

Like this....

Not this

or this

Last edited by CharLac; 06-26-2018 at 09:10 AM.
06-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #49434
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Not everyone likes Spam.
Spam with mustard on toast is delightful
06-26-2018, 09:04 AM   #49435
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Sounds like fun times.
Only now are the Canadian Rangers (military branch up north) are having their Lee-Enfields replaced and many a polar bear has been shot with them. I think with such a large animal you need to hit it in the CNS (brain or spinal cord) to stop it dead in it's tracks rather than a heart shot. Also these animals are so large and heavy that one should move to the side really quickly as the momentum of the animal may still result in a very heavy dead pile of meat hitting you.
Yes, head shots for polar bears. Too much muscle and blubber on the body to be sure you'll reach heart and lungs.

Good point on the momentum, too. When we had an elephant trotting towards us our guide pulled us behind a big tree. As she put it "The bullet will kill the elephant, but not stop it. The tree will stop it." It never came to that, though, as the animal veered off when he heard the sound of the bolt action. That was about 5-10 m away - hard to judge accurately when the adrenaline levels are high
06-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #49436
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Yes, because in my case, the coffee is simply a transport mechanism for cream....{insert Homer Simpson sound of ecstasy here}....cream...and cream does not taste good at all in hot brown water...in my humblest of opinions
Cream?!
06-26-2018, 09:08 AM   #49437
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Damn Chuck, you feeding an army?
High tech looking rig you have there!
Does it slice 'em when they're done too?
It does pizza real nice
06-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #49438
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
So very sorry but I humbly disagree with your most humbly Scandinavian of opinions, bacon should be "just" crispy, not burnt. {in my shy humble opinion}
I'm not Scandinavian (as far as I know ) but I still very much humbly disagree with you, thick and not crispy.
06-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #49439
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, head shots for polar bears. Too much muscle and blubber on the body to be sure you'll reach heart and lungs.

Good point on the momentum, too. When we had an elephant trotting towards us our guide pulled us behind a big tree. As she put it "The bullet will kill the elephant, but not stop it. The tree will stop it." It never came to that, though, as the animal veered off when he heard the sound of the bolt action. That was about 5-10 m away - hard to judge accurately when the adrenaline levels are high
in Tanzania we had elephants very close to the vehicle

the pop up top was opened and locked and I was standing up taking photos

I asked John ( our guide ) what would happen if the elephant put its trunk into the vehicle

no response

I imagine it would not be good
06-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #49440
Veteran Member

Yep, momentum before is equal to momentum afterwards.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »