Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2018, 08:44 PM - 1 Like   #52471
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Consider this.

My job is helping to put together a 1:1 scale model airplane kit.

None of that 1/24th or 1/43rd scale stuff.

Nope.

Actual size.
This model.
And get this.

We roll one out the door every 4 days.

07-20-2018, 08:50 PM   #52472
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Racer

See English is different everywhere
Put drivers in line ( Fine them and or licence disqualification if not adhearing to road rules )

Dave
I see, thanks for the clarification.

The commercial vehicle enforcement officers do what they can, but the loggers use the CB radio to look out for them.
For what it's worth the current federal regulations about hours of service, fitness for duty, and closer scrutiny of the trucks themselves, as well as the fact that logging has been reduced to a fraction of what it was 30 years ago, the loggers aren't as common here as they used to be.

I do see lots of dump truck drivers running hard though. Getting paid by the load means drivers gotta hustle to make a buck. The more loads they run in a day the more they make.
07-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #52473
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Racer

Thankyou for the explanation of the shipwright words

Dave
You're welcome Dave.

I suspected they had something to do with shipbuilding and ships. Having grown up the son of a sailor my exposure to waterborne vessels made me familiar to such terms.
07-20-2018, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #52474
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Wadhook: An iron worm (corkscrew) for removing the charge and wad or the remnants of the charge after firing a cannon to avoid a build-up of material near the breech of the cannon. Also called worm. A side arm.
a worm ( iron screw ) was also used to remove the ball from a black powder muzzle loading rifle or musket if it was advisable to do so instead of discharging the weapon

it was attached to the ram road then lowered down the barrel and screwed into the metal ball so it could be pulled out

07-21-2018, 02:58 AM - 3 Likes   #52475
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not buying the K3, no camera store anywhere near where I am.
However, we do have plenty of smoked reindeer cold cuts, Finnish rye bread and cheese
Attached Images

07-21-2018, 04:44 AM - 2 Likes   #52476
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
we do have plenty of smoked reindeer cold cuts
Save enough deer for Santa's sleigh!
07-21-2018, 05:05 AM - 2 Likes   #52477
Veteran Member

Having grown up the son of a sailor

07-21-2018, 05:31 AM - 2 Likes   #52478
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Save enough deer for Santa's sleigh!
in my younger days, I hunted white tail deer in Iowa

I was lucky enough to get a decent buck and decided to have it turned into a " sculpture "

my young son called it Rudolph and said he would tell them that we had Rudolph on the wall

I said ok but tell your friends that it wasn't a reindeer
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
07-21-2018, 06:09 AM   #52479
Veteran Member

Hope all is well with Charlie, no posts in 17 hours.
07-21-2018, 06:32 AM   #52480
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
in my younger days, I hunted white tail deer in Iowa

I was lucky enough to get a decent buck and decided to have it turned into a " sculpture "

my young son called it Rudolph and said he would tell them that we had Rudolph on the wall

I said ok but tell your friends that it wasn't a reindeer
Nice looking trophy.
07-21-2018, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #52481
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I find it interesting to note that Canada draws a much harder line with drinking drivers than the US does.

As least with regard to US drivers (or even passengers) who attempt to cross the US/Canada border if they have ever had a DUI.

Did you catch that?

Ever.

As in since the beginning of time.

Anyway, if a driver, or a passenger in a motor vehicle crossing the US/Canada border has ever had a DUI, they will be refused entry into the country.

I don't know what they do with their own drivers who can't exercise good judgment while enjoying that good Canadian beer, eh? Maybe they kick them out too?
Well DUI is a felony in Canada and even if you were convicted of misdemeanor DUI in the US, Canada still considers it a felony and you a felon.

If I were a border guard I would ban everyone from entering this morning. Then again I am in a nasty mood this morning having been rudely awakened at 1:38 this morning with a cramp in the calf muscle of my left leg. Several loooooooooooooooooong minutes of "discomfort" (See note 1). Still working to soften it up. Limping around the house and it is finally working itself out. Never had that one before. This getting old is not all it's cracked up to be but as George Burns once said, "It sure beats the alternative.".

Note 1: Discomfort - A medical term meaning excruciating pain. Usually used by the doctor to describe any pain associated with a procedure before you give said doctor permission to go ahead and perform it. As in "There will be some discomfort afterwards."
07-21-2018, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #52482
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Then again I am in a nasty mood this morning having been rudely awakened at 1:38 this morning with a cramp in the calf muscle of my left leg. Several loooooooooooooooooong minutes of "discomfort" (See note 1). Still working to soften it up. Limping around the house and it is finally working itself out. Never had that one before. This getting old is not all it's cracked up to be but as George Burns once said, "It sure beats the alternative.".

Note 1: Discomfort - A medical term meaning excruciating pain. Usually used by the doctor to describe any pain associated with a procedure before you give said doctor permission to go ahead and perform it. As in "There will be some discomfort afterwards."
I dislike getting muscle cramps, especially when they wake me from a pleasant slumber.

Had not one, but two the other morning. One each on the right and then the left legs, about halfway up from the knee towards the groin, on the inside muscles.

Excruciating.

What really sucks about these things is there is not much one can do save for writhe about in agony until they subside.
07-21-2018, 07:03 AM   #52483
Veteran Member

Maybe from those long hours driving?
Dehydration is another major cause.
I'll probably get a charlie horse tonight, but it's been a good while since I've had a jump out of bed and start walking around cramp.
07-21-2018, 07:08 AM - 2 Likes   #52484
Veteran Member

I have an earworm, son of a gun if it's not Son of a Son of a Sailor.
Dang me!
07-21-2018, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #52485
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Dang me!
New earworm.