Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
08-05-2018, 06:45 PM - 2 Likes   #53671
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
A very happy day Bob!
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I don't do baptisms Bob, but that's a nice shot. Congratulations.
Thanks guys!
Me wearing long pants in the summer, or me being inside a church are both rarities, but it was worth it.

08-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #53672
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It works like this:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.
Hi Mark

Clear as mud................j/k

Dave
08-05-2018, 08:34 PM   #53673
dbs
Pentaxian

Good Lunchtime Ladies and Gentlemen

Well.............
So cricket has got a guernsey then
Bob got christened whoops sorry his grandson ( I don't think Bob would fit in the font ).
And Soccer as well gee it must be slow in the USA at the moment

Dave
08-05-2018, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #53674
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Thanks guys!
Me wearing long pants in the summer, or me being inside a church are both rarities, but it was worth it.
Try going to church without pants. I'm sure you'll get plenty more photos!

08-05-2018, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #53675
Pentaxian

Try going to church without pants. I'm sure you'll get plenty more photos!

The words 'pants' is an example of people separated by a common language.

In Australia and US 'pants' are an article of outer wear that covers the legs up to the waist with each leg covered in a sleevelike tube of cloth. Pants, so understood come in varieties such as long, short (and some variations in between - 'ankle freezers' for men and knickerbockers for women. The word is used more often for the articles o men's attire. Women's attire tends to be named with words that specify specific kinds of 'pants'.

In UK 'pants' refers to an article of men's attire that is worn only as underwear (except by weirdos and actors in support of their employment in particular acting tasks) and it would be considered offensive to wear them as outerwear in other contexts, especially just going down the street.
08-05-2018, 10:37 PM - 1 Like   #53676
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mark - I prefer your original hilarious cricket description! So accurate.
08-06-2018, 01:11 AM   #53677
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
The words 'pants' is an example of people separated by a common language.

In Australia and US 'pants' are an article of outer wear that covers the legs up to the waist with each leg covered in a sleevelike tube of cloth. Pants, so understood come in varieties such as long, short (and some variations in between - 'ankle freezers' for men and knickerbockers for women. The word is used more often for the articles o men's attire. Women's attire tends to be named with words that specify specific kinds of 'pants'.

In UK 'pants' refers to an article of men's attire that is worn only as underwear (except by weirdos and actors in support of their employment in particular acting tasks) and it would be considered offensive to wear them as outerwear in other contexts, especially just going down the street.
what about slacks then ?

" ankle freezers "

" knickerbockers"

must be some type of " NASA code ' since they aren't used in the US commonly

pants, jeans, slacks are the terms used commonly in the US

" Knickerbockers Knickerbockers or knickers are a form of men's or boys' baggy-kneed trousers particularly popular in the early 20th century United States . Golfers ' plus twos and plus fours are breeches of this type. Before World War II , skiers often wore knickerbockers too, usually ankle-length. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knickerbockers_(clothing)

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-06-2018 at 01:21 AM.
08-06-2018, 01:24 AM   #53678
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Did anyone else notice that the top ten posters are mostly people who have either paid for Loyal Site Supporter Status, (Or bought a K-1 through the affiliate link.) Says something about who puts their money and their effort towards keeping the forums moving forward with a purpose, doesn't it?
Yep, most of the "steady posters" aren't relly into it for the prizes. I know I'm here for the community and the fun. Not that I complain when Adam decides to set up prizes.

QuoteQuote:
I don't like my pictures falling back to the sixth page in less than an hour after I post it, that is why I will post most in the Bokeh, KP, or in the Specific lens type threads and hopefully I will get my daily affirmation and boost my tiny, tiny ego with some likes!
Tiny, tiny ego... Sounds like you try out-humbling me

As for posting photos, I prefer posting in the bokeh, lens, or game etc threads anyway. I find it more enjoyable and less "serious". And since my ego is even smaller than tiny, tiny I'm convinced my images aren't worth setting up separate threads for. See how humble I am?
08-06-2018, 01:26 AM   #53679
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I just use it for guidance so I know when to be more or less concerned
I might worry over too many things in the world, but the post count towards a K-1 (or not) ain't one of them
08-06-2018, 01:33 AM   #53680
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
Opera is a great art form

I have had no experience with it and don't know if I would enjoy on because of the language barrier. I know the music is great

as far as the musicals and other performances at the venue

I'm really jealous

my comments were meant all in good fun I hope that the experience was very good
We went to our Muny Opera (which also happens to be our National Opera) to see "Carmen" (in a modern setting, quite interesting). It was performed in French, but each seat has a small unobtrusive LCD screen with translations. That made it much easier to follow the plot. A very enjoyable experience. When darkness descends upon us once more we will definitely want to attend more operas.
08-06-2018, 01:35 AM - 2 Likes   #53681
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Darwin failed us so let's hope he pays with some jail time and a huge fine!
You're too late, dude. Darwin's dead.

Sorry.

(Hope that doesn't make me sound too much like a Canadian.)
08-06-2018, 01:36 AM   #53682
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
My next T-shirt will say "Take the risk, Eat Lutefisk" saw it on TV so not an original.
"YOLO. Make it short, eat Lutefisk"
08-06-2018, 01:37 AM   #53683
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Now if there was a KP with a grip giveaway...
I'm sure someone could donate a K-3 for the next raffle
08-06-2018, 01:39 AM   #53684
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
So what do you do to them to make them humble?
For some of us it's in the genes.

Yours humbly etc
08-06-2018, 01:41 AM   #53685
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Teach them humility.

Lead by example.
Or get "Do as I say, not as I do" tattooed on your forehead to save your breath.