Oh, and...

Good morning, all!

11-21-2018, 03:12 AM - 3 Likes   #59897
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
"Don't like" is a very mild way to put it, Mr. Racer... No, as I have stated before, I live here despite winter, not because of it.

To be fair, though, I don't really mind the snow too much. It's more the cold and the darkness. And the slush the snow turns into when the weather turns mild. And the ice the slush turns into when the weather turns colder again. And the insanely slippery surface you get when you have a dry layer of snow on top of the ice - with the added bonus of hiding the icy patches. And when you manage to find an icy patch you can also be sure you'll land where the sand has frozen into the ice making a very rough sandpaper surface to tear your clothes as an added bonus while you're busy shatternig your tail-bone.

No, "don't like" doesn't really cover it

Sunrise at 8.30 am today, and sunset at 3.30 pm. Just one more month of it growing darker before it turns, ever so slowly
Not like you’re focusing on the negative aspects of it, though, right?
11-21-2018, 03:42 AM - 3 Likes   #59898
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Not like you’re focusing on the negative aspects of it, though, right?
Of course not, silly you! Always the overflowing source of positivity, I am

Especially on days like Nov 22nd last year...

11-21-2018, 05:54 AM - 2 Likes   #59899
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You hang out too much with Canadians

But hey, spell it the way you like (I'm feeling generous today) - it's not my language

Wait...

I almost forgot to be insulted! I'm sure Charlie (if not Bert) has taught you how to make an apology, right?
Very humble of ya ;-)

11-21-2018, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #59900
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good comment, but I can't bring myself to "like" it
Don't all Finns like snow....especially sideways?
11-21-2018, 05:56 AM   #59901
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Had a great laugh when I was paying for my Pork and chicken Dumplings, (gyoza or Man du depending on whether you are thinking Japanese or Korean,) at trader Joe's and when my card was approved for my purchase, instead of the annoying Beeping that the card reader gives out when you are to remove your debit or credit card, it made a turkey gobbling noise. I just laughed out loud!
That is hilarious!!
11-21-2018, 05:59 AM - 1 Like   #59902
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"Don't like" is a very mild way to put it, Mr. Racer... No, as I have stated before, I live here despite winter, not because of it.

To be fair, though, I don't really mind the snow too much. It's more the cold and the darkness. And the slush the snow turns into when the weather turns mild. And the ice the slush turns into when the weather turns colder again. And the insanely slippery surface you get when you have a dry layer of snow on top of the ice - with the added bonus of hiding the icy patches. And when you manage to find an icy patch you can also be sure you'll land where the sand has frozen into the ice making a very rough sandpaper surface to tear your clothes as an added bonus while you're busy shatternig your tail-bone.

Sunrise at 8.30 am today, and sunset at 3.30 pm. Just one more month of it growing darker before it turns, ever so slowly
Yep, agreed, I actually like snow itself....tromping through it with my snowshoes, admiring the beauty of the forest on a brilliant sunny day. But yeah, all the rest I can live without.

11-21-2018, 06:07 AM - 1 Like   #59903
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Very humble of ya ;-)
Well, you know me...
11-21-2018, 06:07 AM - 1 Like   #59904
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't all Finns like snow....especially sideways?
I'm sure they do. But what do Venezuelans know about snow anyway
11-21-2018, 06:08 AM - 2 Likes   #59905
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good morning all. The day started better for me that Ms Charlac as she had problems sleeping last night. Luckily, the dog and I both slept soundly all night so I left her to sleep while I took the early bus.....that did not arrive. *grrr* The next bus arrived on time with the errant bus right behind it...WTF. Anyway, I was on a warm bus finally, hot coffee in my hand and a good book with which to ignore the darkness, the traffic, the snow, and the whimpering of futility around me. Let this atrocious work day begin and as the missus says, let's kick it in the teeth!
11-21-2018, 06:15 AM - 2 Likes   #59906
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep, agreed, I actually like snow itself....tromping through it with my snowshoes, admiring the beauty of the forest on a brilliant sunny day. But yeah, all the rest I can live without.
Ok, I'll admin (unless you tell Racer) that snow isn't too bad - on certain conditions.

1. Get half a meter of it and be done.
2. Get a stable -5C until spring.
3. Get a light dusting of snow, say once a week, to freshen things up.
4. When spring arrives, let the temperatur rise well above freezing and stay there. No stupid melt-freeze cycles.

Oh, and...
5. I get six months off each year to flee south until it's all over
11-21-2018, 06:15 AM   #59907
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ottawa is halfway between the equator and Santa's domicile at 45 degrees....what Latitude are you at? 60 degreesish?
11-21-2018, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #59908
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

The next bus arrived on time with the errant bus right behind it...
Something you should read

11-21-2018, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #59909
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Let this atrocious work day begin and as the missus says, let's kick it in the teeth!
Good girl! I like her attitude
11-21-2018, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #59910
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Ottawa is halfway between the equator and Santa's domicile at 45 degrees....what Latitude are you at? 60 degreesish?
Yes, Google says I'm at 59.94 degrees. I guess that's at least close to 60-ish even for a Canadian?
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »