Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2018, 03:44 PM - 2 Likes   #60466
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
I remember those days...don't miss it really
Even worse: the only reason to work this late today was that the (very good) consultant I needed to assist me is fully booked. He offered to help me from 6pm onwards, though. He's young and hasn't learnt yet what it means to burn out.

Days like this one is the exception, though. Virtualization makes the life of a sysadmin a lot more comfortable.

Now home to graba few hours of sleep before tomorrow's meeting with a customer. Now, that is something I really don't enjoy.

But hey, it finances my hociR induced vices

12-05-2018, 03:47 PM - 2 Likes   #60467
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Saw my foot guy yesterday for the 1 week checkup. Pulled the splint and bandages,, shot a few x-rays, looked things over, wrote a scrip for some huge antibiotics as it looks like the incisions are festering a bit, wrapped me up and sent me on my way.

And my way was back home, via a quick stop at the druggist, then a bite to eat, and another nap.

Just woke up from a nap in fact.

All these naps and I'm feeling like a cat.

Anyway, here is the latest shot of my ugly foot. Gonna be a lot of shots like this, since I just got a new K-1 (good reason to not buy a K-3 by the way), and I have lots of time on my hands when I'm not sleeping.

The swelling around the ankle doesn't want to go down.

So I'm spending more time with my feet up, and when I'm at my desk, I feel like a big executive or something.

Then I take a nap and feel like a cat again.

In fact, it is time for another nap.

Say goodnight Gracie.
At least you're on the mend, even if the progress feels rather slow in coming, I'm sure.

Sleep well!
12-05-2018, 04:20 PM - 2 Likes   #60468
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Saw my foot guy yesterday for the 1 week checkup. Pulled the splint and bandages,, shot a few x-rays, looked things over, wrote a scrip for some huge antibiotics as it looks like the incisions are festering a bit, wrapped me up and sent me on my way.

And my way was back home, via a quick stop at the druggist, then a bite to eat, and another nap.

Anyway, here is the latest shot of my ugly foot. Gonna be a lot of shots like this, since I just got a new K-1 (good reason to not buy a K-3 by the way), and I have lots of time on my hands when I'm not sleeping.

So I'm spending more time with my feet up, and when I'm at my desk, I feel like a big executive or something.

Say goodnight Gracie.
That is looking somewhat puffy. I'm sure you'll see improvement in no time.
12-05-2018, 10:39 PM - 1 Like   #60469
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Does live mean the same as squatted? ;-)

How dare you suggest my countrymen are a bunch of crooks and crims.

I find more crooks and crims over here. They call me up with opening lines like "I have information about that accident which was not your fault", all said by a woman who chooses to use an uneducated English accent, as if she thinks that would persuade me to hand information over to someone who sounds like a knuckle-dragger. I used to ask the woman to tell me the information she had, but she never did. So now I say: "Why don't you get yourself an honest job instead of working for a scam".

12-05-2018, 10:41 PM - 1 Like   #60470
Pentaxian

Well good morning all, Dave, Anne, Bert if you are still listening

We got our weekly bout of sunshine yesterday with temperatures up as high as -5, maybe even -4. Truly a glorious day. I was working from home so took our wee dog for a walk at lunch. It was so nice to get some fresh air and vitamin D. Back to gloom, doom and cloud today. Keep smiling, it's hump day!

Were you so worried about whether he was listening that you thought you would say it twice.

Have you not noticed in the domestic situation that that action by one leads the other to ignore all communications that come from the broken record player?
12-05-2018, 10:45 PM   #60471
Pentaxian

Say goodnight Gracie.

So you went to the hospital to get some strong antibiotics, which make you feel depressed, and then stopped off at some well-paid through exploitative activities amateur pharmacologist's on the way home to get something to cheer you up?

Just a reaction to your use of "druggist" which outside US has links to the illicit chemicals called 'drugs' rather than the legal ones called 'medicine'.

Last edited by tim60; 12-05-2018 at 10:54 PM.
12-05-2018, 10:50 PM - 1 Like   #60472
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Even worse: the only reason to work this late today was that the (very good) consultant I needed to assist me is fully booked. He offered to help me from 6pm onwards, though. He's young and hasn't learnt yet what it means to burn out.

Days like this one is the exception, though. Virtualization makes the life of a sysadmin a lot more comfortable.

Now home to graba few hours of sleep before tomorrow's meeting with a customer. Now, that is something I really don't enjoy.

But hey, it finances my hociR induced vices

Don't like talking to customers. Consistent with my observations of computerists, so fascinated by the stuff that they forget that they also need to consider the needs of the user. The ultimate is MS who inflict updates at times entirely of their own convenience because they were too lazy to make sure they got the product right before they sold it.
12-06-2018, 01:50 AM   #60473
dbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good Evening All

Well....
Racers the napping medicinal squire
Tims an escaped colonist ( squatter )
Bobs just Smok'in
Marks pinched the rain
Charlies ...retired
And theres Savoche

Dave

12-06-2018, 06:55 AM   #60474
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Were you so worried about whether he was listening that you thought you would say it twice.

Have you not noticed in the domestic situation that that action by one leads the other to ignore all communications that come from the broken record player?
Oh wow, haven't had a double post in a while. Adam must have been doing backups or DB maintenance
12-06-2018, 07:01 AM   #60475
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't like talking to customers. Consistent with my observations of computerists, so fascinated by the stuff that they forget that they also need to consider the needs of the user. The ultimate is MS who inflict updates at times entirely of their own convenience because they were too lazy to make sure they got the product right before they sold it.
We self absorbed prop head types have a term for many problems in the computer field. They are an ID Ten "T" error or more commonly know as self induced IT trauma....ID10T ... ...the problem is between the chair and the keyboard
12-06-2018, 07:04 AM - 1 Like   #60476
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Good Evening All

Well....
Bobs just Smok'in
Marks pinched the rain
Charlies ...retired
And theres Savoche

Dave
Another great summary Dave.....you do have a knack
12-06-2018, 07:05 AM - 5 Likes   #60477
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Good Evening All

Well....
Bobs just Smok'in
Marks pinched the rain
Charlies ...retired
And theres Savoche

Dave
Are you saying he's a colonescapie?
12-06-2018, 07:29 AM - 3 Likes   #60478
Pentaxian

Morning all!
Glorious sunrise, then solid clouds took over, glad we had a sunny day yesterday.

12-06-2018, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #60479
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Morning all!
Glorious sunrise, then solid clouds took over, glad we had a sunny day yesterday.

Mornin' Bob
12-06-2018, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #60480
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So you went to the hospital to get some strong antibiotics, which make you feel depressed, and then stopped off at some well-paid through exploitative activities amateur pharmacologist's on the way home to get something to cheer you up?
The antibiotics donít cause any depression.

If I was so inclined, it is legal for recreational use here now, so I wouldnít need to stop by some bikerís place to get any.

Just a reaction to your use of "druggist" which outside US has links to the illicit chemicals called 'drugs' rather than the legal ones called 'medicine'.
Growing up they were called drug stores, and the pharmacist was called a druggist.