Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #6091
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
Im gonna try, the wife is on the lookout now. I have to be sneaky, that way she doesnt suspect anything!
Good thing it is weather resistant

02-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #6092
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote

Shhh. No one is supposed to know that!
02-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #6093
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
But is it wife resistant? Those gals are sneaky and they never come with a manual, not even a little one like a K3.
02-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #6094
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
But is it wife resistant? Those gals are sneaky and they never come with a manual, not even a little one like a K3.
I did not read in the manual of any wife proof features. Although I have caught her smiling at it many times. Maybe I am the one who should be worried!

Damn you hociR, DAMN YOU!

02-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #6095
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

I did not read in the manual of any wife proof features. Although I have caught her smiling at it many times. Maybe I am the one who should be worried!

Smiling. Hmmm.
Never trust a smiling wife. It means they know something you don't which inevitably leads to deep-seated happiness in a wife. Like a polar bear sneaking up on an unsuspecting baby seal. Bye, bye baby seal; your fate is sealed.
02-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #6096
mee
Site Supporter

What is a salad? Lettuce, carrots, radish, tomato, etc ?? I mean if I am eating a hamburger with toppings.. am I eating a hamburger and a salad? The hamburger may have lettuce and tomato on it.. are the carrots and radish that important? When do burger toppings become garden salad?

On the same thought, what is a pizza? bread, tomato sauce, cheese, vegetables, and maybe meat (ok definitely meat). If I get cheeseybread and dip it in marinara sauce.. am I having pizza? A cheese pizza.. but still..

It is a gastronomic mystery.
02-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #6097
Veteran Member

Gonna have to keep an eye on those two....
02-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #6098
Loyal Site Supporter

Gonna have to keep an eye on those two....
I think they're into the same stuff that Parallax has...

02-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #6099
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I mean if I am eating a hamburger with toppings.. am I eating a hamburger and a salad?
Definitely!

Steve

---------- Post added 02-21-14 at 08:49 PM ----------

Don't say we didn't warn you. A true Pentax would not have had that effect.

Steve
02-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #6100

What is a salad? Lettuce, carrots, radish, tomato, etc ?? I mean if I am eating a hamburger with toppings.. am I eating a hamburger and a salad? The hamburger may have lettuce and tomato on it.. are the carrots and radish that important? When do burger toppings become garden salad?

On the same thought, what is a pizza? bread, tomato sauce, cheese, vegetables, and maybe meat (ok definitely meat). If I get cheeseybread and dip it in marinara sauce.. am I having pizza? A cheese pizza.. but still..

It is a gastronomic mystery.
A bacon cheeseburger "all the way" is nature's complete meal.

I learned a new way of describing gastronomic delights the other day in North Carolina, when I stopped for a bit to eat at a place called Pate's. When I ordered the cheeseburger, the nice man asked me, "Do you want that all the way?"

So I gave him a quizzical look that required no verbal response on my part and he said, "With mustard, onions, chili and coleslaw."

I replied, "Everything but the chili, thank you."

And now I know what "all the way" means in the South.

And it was a damn good hamburger.

Mrs. Racer had been down that way many years ago, and asks me every now and then if I have ever had a hamburger at a place out there that served burgers with coleslaw on them. She said it was real good. Well now I know.

So if y'all are ever down that way, stop in at Pate's, for a gastronomic treat that will tickle your tastebuds. I-95, exit 17, Lumberton, North Carolina. You will not be disappointed, trust me.

Oh, almost forgot.

A pizza is the ultimate open faced sandwich.
02-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #6101
mee
Site Supporter

Good points.. very good points.

So when I say I like pizza.. I am really saying I like sandwiches. Really, if one adds hamburger to the pizza.. it is just another way to eat a burger then. Which means if I ever get out on a hamburger eating trek, I need to patronize some pizza shops too.

I will also say, in the south some restaurants like to serve the cole slaw on top of pulled pork BBQ sandwiches too. I guess that is the ultimate 'on the go' method of eating.. stuff it between the hamburger buns and let's roll.
02-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #6102
Veteran Member

cole slaw on top of pulled pork BBQ sandwiches too
That originated in North Carolina, as well as the "Slaw Dog"
02-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #6103
Loyal Site Supporter

BBQ pizza.

I win!

Is the k-3 better than a BBQ pizza?
02-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #6104