Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2014, 06:10 AM   #6121
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Smiling. Hmmm.
Never trust a smiling wife.
This is particularly important if your wife is smiling right after you've just purchased something for your self. My NO! department wife says she just makes mental notes of what I buy and someday she's going to play catch-up all at once.

02-22-2014, 06:44 AM   #6122
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
This is particularly important if your wife is smiling right after you've just purchased something for your self. My NO! department wife says she just makes mental notes of what I buy and someday she's going to play catch-up all at once.
Something tells me there's a major house project in your future.
02-22-2014, 06:45 AM - 2 Likes   #6123
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
just makes mental notes
Saying that a wife "just makes mental notes" is a bit like saying that the Library of Congress has a couple of books.
02-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #6124
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
At our home it's a new sewing room/machine "thingy" ...

My wife recently took the TGV to see a Paris sewing salon/expo and bought some super-duper "overlock" machine (?), what ever that does ... It arrived in the mail on Wednesday and she's been playing/sewing with it since ... Given its price point, she should leave me alone for a while with all of my THRIFT STORE acquisitions ... after all, that's what large attics are for ... to stock your "stuff" (... start the George Carlin "Stuff" sketch now ...) J

Another reason not to get a K-3 ... it would limit the "thrift store" adventure acquisitions!

02-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #6125
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
New roof last year, new air conditioner this year.
02-22-2014, 08:11 AM   #6126
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Ah, southern-style green beans... love 'em. And brisket, too!
YES! green beans aren't Green Beans without Bacon!!

(Worked in Bacon. In Scrabble that was a 27 point Reply)

---------- Post added 02-22-14 at 10:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Smiling. Hmmm.
Never trust a smiling wife. It means they know something you don't which inevitably leads to deep-seated happiness in a wife. Like a polar bear sneaking up on an unsuspecting baby seal. Bye, bye baby seal; your fate is sealed.
A smiling wife is much preferable to a frowning wife. NEVER turn your back on a frowning wife. A frowning wife tells the baby seal she coming and it is dinner.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-22-2014 at 08:16 AM.
02-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #6127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote

On the same thought, what is a pizza? bread, tomato sauce, cheese, vegetables, and maybe meat (ok definitely meat). If I get cheeseybread and dip it in marinara sauce.. am I having pizza? A cheese pizza.. but still..

The perfect food. All the basic food groups have a part in the making of it.
02-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #6128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
YES! green beans aren't Green Beans without Bacon!!
]A smiling wife is much preferable to a frowning wife. NEVER turn your back on a frowning wife. A frowning wife tells the baby seal she coming and it is dinner.
I've never heard a husband described as a baby seal before, or wife describe as a gaffing hook armed Newfoundlander (or polar bear), but I guess it fits on both ends of the metaphor.

Last edited by normhead; 02-22-2014 at 08:55 AM.
02-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #6129
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
At our home it's a new sewing room/machine "thingy" ...

My wife recently took the TGV to see a Paris sewing salon/expo and bought some super-duper "overlock" machine (?), what ever that does ... It arrived in the mail on Wednesday and she's been playing/sewing with it since ... Given its price point, she should leave me alone for a while with all of my THRIFT STORE acquisitions ... after all, that's what large attics are for ... to stock your "stuff" (... start the George Carlin "Stuff" sketch now ...) J

Another reason not to get a K-3 ... it would limit the "thrift store" adventure acquisitions!
Yours too? Is this "overlock" thing something new? I thought a sewing machine pretty much was a sewing machine, but evidently it's not.

But then most people would think a lens is a lens is a lens!

Hmm, or that a camera can't carry the mark of hociR!
02-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #6130
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yours too? Is this "overlock" thing something new? I thought a sewing machine pretty much was a sewing machine, but evidently it's not. ...
Yep & nope ... a "sewing machine" has many forms evidently. And guess who's getting the "older" non-computerized "overlock thingy" ... my mother-in-law !!! It's a conspiracy !!! No way I am passing down my older M-42 lenses to my French father-in-law ... he can barely operate his Canon P&S ... J
02-22-2014, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #6131
Loyal Site Supporter

A smiling wife is much preferable to a frowning wife. NEVER turn your back on a frowning wife. A frowning wife tells the baby seal she coming and it is dinner.

It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.
02-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #6132
Site Supporter

It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.
Probably. But mine is very rarely either of those. And I greatly enjoy dwelling in the wilderness with her!

Yep, I try my best to take good care of her. She would be very hard to replace! Overlock machines or no!

---------- Post added 2014-02-22 at 17:36 ----------

Yep & nope ... a "sewing machine" has many forms evidently. And guess who's getting the "older" non-computerized "overlock thingy" ... my mother-in-law !!! It's a conspiracy !!! No way I am passing down my older M-42 lenses to my French father-in-law ... he can barely operate his Canon P&S ... J
Why on earth would you want to do that?! Have you smelt the flowers too hard??

I'm shaken. Just to have thunk the thought...
02-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #6133
Loyal Site Supporter

Probably. But mine is very rarely either of those. And I greatly enjoy dwelling in the wilderness with her!
Dunno.

I'm sort of happy we've progressed beyond the day when a man passed his time squatting in the dust holding his spear protecting his bacon and his woman from all the other men who wanted them.

Now, though, it seems all we have the time to do is protect our cameras from Hocir!
02-22-2014, 10:03 AM   #6134
Site Supporter

... I'm shaken. Just to have thunk the thought...
Sorry to have scared you like that .. bad joke, oops.
02-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #6135
Site Supporter

Dunno.

I'm sort of happy we've progressed beyond the day when a man passed his time squatting in the dust holding his spear protecting his bacon and his woman from all the other men who wanted them.
Definitely! There is no such thing as "the good old days"! My wife fends for herself perfectly well, no worries there. She's been on some pretty heavy field trips without me tagging along

QuoteQuote:
Now, though, it seems all we have the time to do is protect our cameras from Hocir!
I'm shouting for my woman to bring my spear already!

Sorry to have scared you like that .. bad joke, oops.
Some things we don't joke about, ok?