Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
01-22-2019, 11:06 PM - 2 Likes   #61771
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Microsoft has it's own airport? I did not know that.
Scratch that, it's not the Seattle suburb of Redmond that has its own airport, it's Redmond, Oregon!

Hopefully no Microsoft employee was ever dumb enough to make my mistake, but it would explain Windows ME, Office Clippy and Microsoft Bob.

Last edited by clackers; 01-22-2019 at 11:12 PM.
01-22-2019, 11:11 PM   #61772
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Right; right.

I got this year’s insurance deal through the post today; surprisingly little considering my boy racer tendencies! But then no pile-ups (piles-up?) so all is cool.

Piles-up? Sounds distinctly medical.

I hear the media and people here complaining about the price of car insurance. They should go to Australia - prices are much higher.
01-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #61773
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I think you're talking pull over shirts, I wear button ups.

Many years ago I was talking to one of my classmates from Singapore. He was an engineer. He said he usually wore a pull over shirt to work because if he wore a shirt with buttons his boss found it threatening, like he was trying to take over the boss's job.
01-22-2019, 11:15 PM - 3 Likes   #61774
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I hear the media and people here complaining about the price of car insurance. They should go to Australia - prices are much higher.
Well, that's because this is a typical scene on an Aussie road, Tim:

01-22-2019, 11:15 PM   #61775
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Managed to just get home from work before I got a call and had to log on from home. That was 4 hours ago, and I'm still on the phone with 4 guys... Yay, right?

The good thing is that none of us know the system that is down

Are they playing you the company theme song?
01-22-2019, 11:21 PM - 2 Likes   #61776
Pentaxian

Microsoft has it's own airport? I did not know that.

It's Apple that has an airport AirPort - Official Apple Support
01-23-2019, 01:19 AM - 2 Likes   #61777
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Scratch that, it's not the Seattle suburb of Redmond that has its own airport, it's Redmond, Oregon!

Hopefully no Microsoft employee was ever dumb enough to make my mistake, but it would explain Windows ME, Office Clippy and Microsoft Bob.
Nothing explains Clippy.

01-23-2019, 03:13 AM - 2 Likes   #61778
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Well, that's because this is a typical scene on an Aussie road, Tim:

https://youtu.be/UtjGTrVwRr4
Just yesterday a coworker and I were discussing the daily commute to and from the Big Shed.

We both agreed that a Jeep with a 50 cal machine gun mounted on it would be the perfect commuter vehicle.

Of course the barrel would be smoking and the cost of ammunition would eat up much of our overtime pay.

But it wouldn’t take long before people learned to get out of the way.
01-23-2019, 03:26 AM - 1 Like   #61779
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Paine Field was a US Army air base during WWII. It became the Snohomish County Airport after the war. In the late 1960’s Boeing built the 747 factory adjacent to the North apron.

Today about 90% of all activity there is Boeing. There are always a hundred or so airplanes parked all over the place, on any spot an airplane can fit.

For someone who isn’t familiar with the area one might think it is a Boeing airport.

The Renton Municipal Airport is where the 737 factory is. Again, it looks as if Boeing has exclusive use of it. Renton is where the train cars with fuselages are destined. They are manufactured in Wichita, Kansas, at a factory that used to be Boeing, but is now Spirit Aerosystems. Boeing sold the Wichita and Tulsa, Oklahoma operations off about 8 or 10 years ago.

Boeing Field in South Seattle also looks like a Boeing airport, but only about half of the business there is Boeing related.
01-23-2019, 06:01 AM   #61780
Pentaxian

Looking at your picture it seems like the big shed does not assemble whole planes. Only bits of planes. There seems to be no whole plane size pathway out of the shed.
01-23-2019, 07:25 AM - 4 Likes   #61781
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
01-23-2019, 09:21 AM   #61782
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tim60: I wasn't complaining - actually very pleased at how low this year's insurance is! Maybe it's a special OAP rate.
01-23-2019, 09:22 AM - 2 Likes   #61783
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Looking at your picture it seems like the big shed does not assemble whole planes. Only bits of planes. There seems to be no whole plane size pathway out of the shed.
The picture has a number of completed airplanes in it. In fact there are two nosed up to the Southwest corner of the building.

Look at the front of the building. There are 6 doors, each wide enough to accommodate the wingspan of a 747. The aisle behind each door is just as wide, all the way to the back of the factory.

Also, the 767 rolls out of a 7th door on the back side of the building. The airplanes are then moved around the North and West sides then past the South side to the bridge across the freeway to the paint hangar.

Plenty of room for completed airplanes.
01-23-2019, 09:32 AM   #61784
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My new tripod project. A certain land surveyor here might find it interesting.

Read more about it here: My sturdy tripod project - PentaxForums.com
I should keep an eye out for a used one. Maybe government surplus. Did you pay a lot for it?

Here's one not too far from me....

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/cornwall-on/vintage-surveyors-tripo...sit/1395699225

Last edited by CharLac; 01-23-2019 at 09:37 AM. Reason: found one
01-23-2019, 09:42 AM - 3 Likes   #61785
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Good Midday All

Well....
Racers in the tool shed..
Mark..your tripod priject is a good idea in New Zealand...its not that sturdie over there
Savoche..keep humble
Bob..yep right is right
CharLac...where's the rain...please

Dave
Good morning Dave. I have sent the rain your way but it might take a while to make it's way around the globe...and if you are a flat-lander, it will never make it to you as it will all off the edge before getting to you. All joking aside, I really hope you folks get some relief soon.