Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
02-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #62461
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Both of my friends had good paying jobs and no kids....and they both do odd jobs now that they are retired; which is what I plan on doing as well. I just want do get away from my current high stress job before it kills me
What do you do for a living?

02-12-2019, 02:35 PM - 1 Like   #62462
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I've been watching the news about the panic in Seattle over the snow.
In Seattle 6-10" = TEOTWAWKI
In SD 6-10" = getting up a half hour early to shovel the sidewalk before going to work.
True, but you have to remember two or three things about snow here: The whole region here is hills, courtesy of the last Ice Age glaciers, not 95 percent flat like SD. The snow here is soggy and thick, and sets like concrete, not the loose powdery stuff the Plains states get. And last, youse guys get snow every year, we don’t. Makes a difference, eh?

(Seattle native who spent 27 years in Nebraska)
02-12-2019, 02:39 PM - 2 Likes   #62463
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Greeter at your local Walmart?
Nah, that is my job of last resort! Although I wouldn't be the first retired Army guy to do that as a retirement job.
02-12-2019, 03:22 PM - 2 Likes   #62464
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That's exactly his problem, you see.

02-12-2019, 03:44 PM - 3 Likes   #62465
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've got this one for you Chuck.
He works.

02-12-2019, 03:45 PM - 2 Likes   #62466
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
He works.

Huey Lewis And The News - Workin' For A Livin' - YouTube
That would kill me too!
02-12-2019, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #62467
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Like Savoche....IT

02-12-2019, 04:01 PM - 2 Likes   #62468
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Snowmageddon has hit....there's going to be a whole lot of shoveling going on tomorrow.
02-12-2019, 04:05 PM - 3 Likes   #62469
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
He works.

Huey Lewis And The News - Workin' For A Livin' - YouTube
That would kill me too!
Snowmageddon has hit....there's going to be a whole lot of shoveling going on tomorrow.
I've said this before.

Work is for people who don't know how to fish.
02-12-2019, 04:11 PM - 3 Likes   #62470
Veteran Member

Like Savoche....IT
Good to see you got the message and left off the SH
02-12-2019, 04:12 PM - 1 Like   #62471
Veteran Member

Racer loves snow, or did.
02-12-2019, 04:26 PM - 3 Likes   #62472
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Retirement... 9 more years of alimony payments.
My ex is a great cook, keeps a clean house, is sharp as a tack with finances and has a good sense of humor.
I am ISO a new husband for her, she would make a great spouse for some nice older gentleman

edit: I might even provide a 3K as a wedding present... if that is what it would take.
02-12-2019, 04:32 PM - 3 Likes   #62473
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good to see you got the message and left off the SH
Yes, Racer has a full time job cleaning up my sh....poop
02-12-2019, 04:41 PM - 5 Likes   #62474
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Racer loves snow, or did.
Still do.

Been slugging it out every morning just to get up to the county road, then the state highway, another state highway, a US highway, the interstate, another state highway, then wiggle my way through the compound around the Big Shed.

Then I reverse the order at 1:30 and make the 32 mile journey back to Paradise by the River.

Each day (even when it isn't snowing) at least one, and often many, idiots demonstrate their "excellent" driving skills.

Today was no exception.

I had made my way to the first state highway, and had settled in behind a group of drivers led by one of these highly skilled drivers who really should have stayed home. The conditions were compact snow and ice, but the plows had graded and sanded, so about 40 miles an hour was safely doable.

He was poking along at 20 or 25.

Not wanting to get involved in an accident I was hanging behind about 20 car lengths or so, but I was keeping pace with them. All the others were bumper to bumper.

Awesome display of skill.

I leave extra early in anticipation of these events, so it didn't bother me much.

Suddenly I realized that a Mensa member was bearing down on me. Flashing his headlights he soon was on my back bumper. Then he started blowing his horn, and continued flashing the high beams. Then I couldn't see his headlights.

That is way too close.

I waited for the bump, but somehow Mr. Mensa managed to not hit me.

Such skill.

Soon we arrived at the intersection of one state highway and the next, a T intersection where most traffic turns left to head towards the city. It is a double lane left turn, and I didn't quite get there before the light changed, and had to stop.

Mr. Mensa pulled up on my right and rolled his window down, flipping me off and letting all that intelligence spew forth from his pie hole.

I ignored him.

The light turned green, and he mashed the pedal of his little clapped out front wheel drive pile of junk.

I eased the clutch out, and managed the all wheel drive goodness of my Legacy wagon, and left Mr. Mensa slipping and sliding. I managed to get up to about 40 and was happily rolling along, with no one around me.

About a mile or so along here he comes, at a speed somewhere near the rotation velocity of a Jumbo Jet, and as he goes by he swerves over my way, then cuts in front of me, tapping his brakes. I was ready, and had already lifted on the throttle. He nearly lost it, but somehow managed to gather it back up and continue on.

I fully expected to see this highly skilled maroon in the ditch somewhere along the way, but fate disappointed me.

There ain't no justice.

Of course there were a few more idiots along the way, but again, I gave plenty of time for the journey, and did my best to leave plenty of room around me so if stuff was about to get ugly I would be able to go around it and make it to work in time.
02-12-2019, 04:57 PM - 4 Likes   #62475
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Still do.

Been slugging it out every morning just to get up to the county road, then the state highway, another state highway, a US highway, the interstate, another state highway, then wiggle my way through the compound around the Big Shed.

Then I reverse the order at 1:30 and make the 32 mile journey back to Paradise by the River.

Each day (even when it isn't snowing) at least one, and often many, idiots demonstrate their "excellent" driving skills.

Today was no exception.

I had made my way to the first state highway, and had settled in behind a group of drivers led by one of these highly skilled drivers who really should have stayed home. The conditions were compact snow and ice, but the plows had graded and sanded, so about 40 miles an hour was safely doable.

He was poking along at 20 or 25.

Not wanting to get involved in an accident I was hanging behind about 20 car lengths or so, but I was keeping pace with them. All the others were bumper to bumper.

Awesome display of skill.

I leave extra early in anticipation of these events, so it didn't bother me much.

Suddenly I realized that a Mensa member was bearing down on me. Flashing his headlights he soon was on my back bumper. Then he started blowing his horn, and continued flashing the high beams. Then I couldn't see his headlights.

That is way too close.

I waited for the bump, but somehow Mr. Mensa managed to not hit me.

Such skill.

Soon we arrived at the intersection of one state highway and the next, a T intersection where most traffic turns left to head towards the city. It is a double lane left turn, and I didn't quite get there before the light changed, and had to stop.

Mr. Mensa pulled up on my right and rolled his window down, flipping me off and letting all that intelligence spew forth from his pie hole.

I ignored him.

The light turned green, and he mashed the pedal of his little clapped out front wheel drive pile of junk.

I eased the clutch out, and managed the all wheel drive goodness of my Legacy wagon, and left Mr. Mensa slipping and sliding. I managed to get up to about 40 and was happily rolling along, with no one around me.

About a mile or so along here he comes, at a speed somewhere near the rotation velocity of a Jumbo Jet, and as he goes by he swerves over my way, then cuts in front of me, tapping his brakes. I was ready, and had already lifted on the throttle. He nearly lost it, but somehow managed to gather it back up and continue on.

I fully expected to see this highly skilled maroon in the ditch somewhere along the way, but fate disappointed me.

There ain't no justice.

Of course there were a few more idiots along the way, but again, I gave plenty of time for the journey, and did my best to leave plenty of room around me so if stuff was about to get ugly I would be able to go around it and make it to work in time.
A Rupert award worthy post.
I felt like I was there with you.
Like they say, you can't fix stupid.