Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108794 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #62641
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Yeah that was my issue for a while with F1 racing but I simply could not see paying over a grand a year just for f1...so bye bye!
between what bell was overcharging me for and the satellite tv bill we were paying 250 or so for phone tv and internet (which was capped at 60gb i think and not the fastest offer, we kept the overpriced landline because my wife likes having it (it did work when we had the big blackout...) even with netflix, prime (which i really had for some deliveries) crave and a few others and faster unlimited internet we saved about 130 a month , i'm sorely tempted to just get a well programmed android box and save some more and get back all the soccer (now i just go to the pub for games i want to see....)

02-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #62642
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not sure if any of you IT experts can help me or not.
I have a newish HP Pavilion 15.6" laptop, no touch screen.
The top bar where the window tabs line up is small , too small for my old eyes.
I've tried searching for a solution, but don't know if that top bar has a specific name.
I'm willing to give up screen real estate for a taller, easier to read bar.
As you all probably know, technology ain't my thang.
02-15-2019, 03:04 PM   #62643
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
i'm sorely tempted to just get a well programmed android box
Is that even a possibility? /Sarcasm off/ I pay almost 80 USD a month for 15 Mbps down 1 up here in the sticks. No Landline, no cable tv. At least it is uncapped and I am close enough for the internet to work if I plug my router in to the generator cord when there are outages.
02-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #62644
Veteran Member

We have TV, VoIP phones, and internet through Spectrum cable (called Charter in our area) and knocking on $200 per month.
Hadn't checked the speed for awhile, currently it shows 44 down, 14 up.
My newish laptop has SSD, my first, and it blazes!

02-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #62645
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Is that even a possibility? /Sarcasm off/ I pay almost 80 USD a month for 15 Mbps down 1 up here in the sticks. No Landline, no cable tv. At least it is uncapped and I am close enough for the internet to work if I plug my router in to the generator cord when there are outages.
benefit of population density for internet (65 canadian 120mbs unlimited ... via cable.. and landline 25 bucks.same supplier..(if wife would go voip i could get cheaper)..netflix 15 crave 20. prime i dont count because i buy it for the shipping .. only rarely watch it.. sundance i got a 1 year 60 buck deal. (so month is 130 tho i may ...good air antennae gets me 10 to 16 channels weather permitting

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2019 at 17:30 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
We have TV, VoIP phones, and internet through Spectrum cable (called Charter in our area) and knocking on $200 per month.
Hadn't checked the speed for awhile, currently it shows 44 down, 14 up.
and ssd rocks my desktop has 256 for programs and os ..boots instantly...laptop i bought a 512 ssd to install but havent got around to it. next is setting up personal cloud with dual 8tb raid. (and getting free of a mess of drives i will use as archives )
02-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #62646
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Not sure if any of you IT experts can help me or not.
I have a newish HP Pavilion 15.6" laptop, no touch screen.
The top bar where the window tabs line up is small , too small for my old eyes.
I've tried searching for a solution, but don't know if that top bar has a specific name.
I'm willing to give up screen real estate for a taller, easier to read bar.
As you all probably know, technology ain't my thang.
Well I am not an IT geek, but I know my way around WinBlows operating systems.

What version of WinBlows do you have?
02-15-2019, 04:00 PM   #62647
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Well I am not an IT geek, but I know my way around WinBlows operating systems.

What version of WinBlows do you have?
WinBlows 10

02-15-2019, 04:12 PM - 4 Likes   #62648
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

WinBlows 10
Bob, have you tried adjusting Windows 10's scaling? It will adjust text size as well as certain application features, although non-compliant software may not play well with it... I use this on my new 15.6" 4K laptop to get everything up to a reasonable size:

Use Windows 10's individual display scaling to perfect your multi-monitor setup | PCWorld
02-15-2019, 05:24 PM   #62649
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sweet!
02-15-2019, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #62650
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
WinBlows 10
You should be able to adjust the text size via the control panel. I know that in WinBlows 8 and WinBlows 10 (both very similar and considerably different that prior WinBlows versions) the control panel is not easy to access, but it is there.

You should also be able to configure the desktop to look like the classic WinBlows desktop, with the taskbar at the bottom and the familiar start button and other controls.

Also, if you right click on the desktop, and select "Personalize", then "Display" there should be an option for adjusting the size of stuff on the desktop.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 02-15-2019 at 05:38 PM.
02-15-2019, 05:36 PM   #62651
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Atlantic Broadband here, USD 70 something per month just for internet. Download 102.6 and upload 5.54 Mbits. Not bad...
02-15-2019, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #62652
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You should be able to adjust the text size via the control panel. I know that in WinBlows 8 and WinBlows 10 (both very similar and considerably different that prior WinBlows versions) the control panel is not easy to access, but it is there.

You should also be able to configure the desktop to look like the classic WinBlows desktop, with the taskbar at the bottom and the familiar start button and other controls.

Also, if you right click on the desktop, and select "Personalize", then "Display" there should be an option for adjusting the size of stuff on the desktop.
Lot of w and b words there...
02-15-2019, 05:46 PM - 2 Likes   #62653
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Bob, have you tried adjusting Windows 10's scaling? It will adjust text size as well as certain application features, although non-compliant software may not play well with it... I use this on my new 15.6" 4K laptop to get everything up to a reasonable size:

Thanks guys, but text size, or task bar size at the bottom, is not the problem, it's only the Window's tab bar at the top.
I'm in my man cave (sipping bourbon) using my old laptop, tomorrow I'll try to muddle my way through on doing a screen shot to show you what I mean.
02-15-2019, 05:57 PM - 1 Like   #62654
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sipping bourbon
Sweet
02-16-2019, 12:11 AM   #62655
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Remarkable airplane.

Every second a 737 is taking off or landing somewhere around the world.

No other aircraft holds that distinction.

The project to design it over ran by quite a bit which caused a problem for the maker. They were also doing the 747 and a never finished supersonic which was the fashion project to be on. The plan was that the 747 was a stop gap while the supersonic was developed, but the problems with the sonic bang that limited use of Concorde led to the supersonic being stopped. The 747 was planned to be a cargo plane, and the width was to enable two standard pallets to be loaded flat on the cargo hold floor side by side, hence the width to give 10 seats and 2 aisles.

There seems to be some tradition here:
DC3 - huge quantity and long service life - maker is now taken over by Boeing.
B17 - huge quantity.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »