Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2014, 11:24 PM   #6256
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
Hey, I was there at the start and I did put a pretty heavy shift in during the early days.

But I had to take a break, I felt I was really giving it my all during the 1500 to 2000 post period. I was burned out.

So, my only question.....has the op ever resurfaced....

02-22-2014, 11:41 PM   #6257
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wangaratta, Victoria
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,230
QuoteOriginally posted by cadas Quote
has the op ever resurfaced
Not on this thread. There have been rumours that he/she is still alive - there have been sightings on other threads.
02-23-2014, 01:35 AM   #6258
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,624
QuoteOriginally posted by cadas Quote
So, my only question.....has the op ever resurfaced....
He was on the site a week or so ago, but had not posted when I last looked. I fear that we are forgotten...


Steve
02-23-2014, 01:44 AM   #6259
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
He was on the site a week or so ago, but had not posted when I last looked. I fear that we are forgotten...

Steve
Personally, I think that the OP should get a special prize and/or award for launching one of the most interesting threads in PF history ... but, that's still not a reason to get a K-3. J

02-23-2014, 02:04 AM   #6260
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
Absolutely....he truly deserves a reward, not just for the sheer brilliance of the op, the the strength of character and fortitude to just set the topic running while standing back and watching the resulting chaos from afar....never tempted to rejoin.

A bit like blofeld and the white cat from the Bond movies.

Anyhow, I vote we ask Pentax to award him a K3 plus a Ricoh jacket for services to raising the K3 profile in the world. Not that he would accept mind you.
02-23-2014, 02:09 AM   #6261
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,450
QuoteOriginally posted by cadas Quote
Absolutely....he truly deserves a reward, not just for the sheer brilliance of the op, the the strength of character and fortitude to just set the topic running while standing back and watching the resulting chaos from afar....never tempted to rejoin.

A bit like blofeld and the white cat from the Bond movies.

Anyhow, I vote we ask Pentax to award him a K3 plus a Ricoh jacket for services to raising the K3 profile in the world. Not that he would accept mind you.
I vote for LaurenOE to send him a roll of gaffer tape.
02-23-2014, 02:16 AM   #6262
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,958
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Dude.

hociR is painted on the stern of Pequod.
Not on the stern of the whale, I hope!

---------- Post added 2014-02-23 at 10:44 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
For viewers of this thread who did not start at post #1. Please return to the start. There is no fairness in some of us reading through the whole sorry thread, and others jumping in halfway! Everyone has to take the same medicine.
I'm on my third read-through now. I know, I'm a bit slow but some things are too important not to learn by heart. A few more repetitions now and I'll have it.

I think the point has something to do with hociR, but I'm not sure exactly what. Should I buy a K-3?
02-23-2014, 02:57 AM   #6263
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
... I think the point has something to do with hociR, but I'm not sure exactly what. Should I buy a K-3?
No, wait until the "K-3some thingy" comes out ... that being the next FF* generation. (*Family Friendly)

Ah the most vivid memories of this thread for me are: SPAM, SPAM, SPAM ... and Rocky Horror. Plus a Brando quote: "The hociR, the hociR!"

Also, the "Moby Dick/White Balance" episode of last night was quite surreal ... Grey-card-scars/harpoons at all. J

02-23-2014, 04:21 AM   #6264
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,958
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
No, wait until the "K-3some thingy" comes out ... that being the next FF* generation. (*Family Friendly)

Ah the most vivid memories of this thread for me are: SPAM, SPAM, SPAM ... and Rocky Horror. Plus a Brando quote: "The hociR, the hociR!"

Also, the "Moby Dick/White Balance" episode of last night was quite surreal ... Grey-card-scars/harpoons at all. J
As a Norwegian I should stay a long way away from anything to do with whales, no matter what my personal opinions should be on the matter. Being a Norwegian is usually enough to spark off political discussions, and that will gain nobody. Except maybe hociR. Anyway, I don't feel like being held personal responsible for the stupidity of others today.

Come to think of it, I don't really want to be held responsible for my own stupidity either. Especially not if it should involve hociR.

So I'll wait with buying a K-3 until the "somethingorother" version comes out. Or until I really want one
02-23-2014, 07:04 AM   #6265
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,984
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Ah the most vivid memories of this thread for me are: SPAM, SPAM, SPAM ... and Rocky Horror. Plus a Brando quote: "The hociR, the hociR!"
I always wished that one was Pentaxdude lying in the bottom of the boat gasping, "The hociR! The hociR!" as he expired.*




*Total lie. I actually wished I had thought of it first. Oh well. There's always my Signature tag.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-23-2014 at 07:09 AM.
02-23-2014, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #6266
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I always wished that one was Pentaxdude lying in the bottom of the boat gasping, "The hociR! The hociR!" as he expired.*

*Total lie. I actually wished I had thought of it first.
* ... I like Asterix (but, that's for another thread) ... and this "Pentaxdude" ... ?! J

02-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #6267
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,958
That's the dude!

Asterisk, Asterix, asteroide, hemo... well, let's not go there.
02-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #6268
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,404
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
For viewers of this thread who did not start at post #1. Please return to the start. There is no fairness in some of us reading through the whole sorry thread, and others jumping in halfway! Everyone has to take the same medicine.
Medicine? That would be cruel and unusual punishment.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Record? RECORD???

Who ever heard of a thread that has its own Full-Time Moderator?
This thread has a moderator?
02-23-2014, 07:41 AM   #6269
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 7,958
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
This thread has a moderator?

A lax one, but yes
02-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #6270
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,461
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
That's the dude!

Asterisk, Asterix, asteroide, hemo... well, let's not go there.
Ah oui, oui, oui ... on y va, savohix

Bonjour Parallix et monochromix ...

Announcing the next generation of the K-3 ... the K-3ix ... better than the K-3some ... J
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:56 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top