Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #6286
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I would really like a safari-style Pentax hat in Khaki. Will they make one of those? Noooo...All everyone ever makes is baseball-style caps that get in the way of the camera.

Steve
Flip the cap backwards, then it wont be a problem. Thats what I do.

02-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #6287
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I would really like a safari-style Pentax hat in Khaki. Will they make one of those? Noooo...All everyone ever makes is baseball-style caps that get in the way of the camera.

Steve
Safari hat with big, bold, red letters? Would scare away every animal within a one mile radius of you!

(Well, at least those with full colour vision...)
02-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #6288
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
Flip the cap backwards, then it wont be a problem. Thats what I do.
Yep ... and when you flip the cap backwards it will read "hociR" ... or "xatneP", depending upon international corporate labeling strategy.
02-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #6289
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yep ... and when you flip the cap backwards it will read "hociR" ... or "xatneP", depending upon international corporate labeling strategy.
One on the front, the other on the back, isn't that how it goes?

02-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #6290
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
One on the front, the other on the back, isn't that how it goes?
Yep ... and I'll bet ya that the "K-3some" will be a double-faced "hociR", so won't matter which way you turn it ...
02-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #6291
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yep ... and I'll bet ya that the "K-3some" will be a double-faced "hociR", so won't matter which way you turn it ...
A real Janus? Nah, I don't think so.

And you can always turn it inside out
02-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #6292
Veteran Member

A real Janus? Nah, I don't think so.

And you can always turn it inside out
We refer to that as a rally cap
02-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #6293

Whatever you give the OP, if it has hociR on it, he will start a thread whining about it, and then we will be spending far too much time posting about Rodan, Tokyo, bacon, cheese, pickled herring, crab cake sammiches, some dude and a whale, etc.

Do we dare?

02-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #6294
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
We refer to that as a rally cap
Rally cap? Will that be one of the new features of the coming K-3some??
02-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #6295
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
Have you tried to explain to your clients that it is not the camera but theartist behind the camera? I have been in your situation. When they first ask me what camera I use, I tell them "A very good camera". To prove my point to a client I show them some sample shots and ask them to point to the shot that was taken with a Nikon, Cannon and my Pentax and you know what, they choose the shots that were taken with my Pentax every time. Their expressions are priceless when they realize that it's not the camera but the guy behind the camera. And more often than not I do get the assignment. I do agree that the two different logo's on the new K3 is a bit off putting and I have considered using a "Sharpe Pen" to camo the logo on the back. My heart broke when I leaned that Pentax got sold to Ricoh but I think (hope) that the engineering expertise that Pentax has developed will remain at the level of quality it has now.
02-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #6296
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
What are they gonna say about Pentaxdude? What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans, man? That he had wisdom?
Thread Winner.
02-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #6297
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Thread Winner.
No doubt
02-23-2014, 11:48 AM   #6298
Site Supporter

Rally cap? Will that be one of the new features of the coming K-3some??
Only if we can turn the camera inside-out.

Steve
02-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #6299
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is why I like Leibowitz. She has over the years taken some of the most awesome photographs of one of my very favorite faces. He's at the top of my 50 Faces I'd Like To Photograph list. I want to photograph him when he's 90. I fell in love with his face when I was 9, grin, so I'd like to take that portrait myself, to commemorate that. I respect, esteem him very much, Baryshnikov. Not just as a dancer, but as a person. He's a heck of a guy.

http://cdn1.purseblog.com/images/2010/01/Louis-Vuitton-Leibowitz-Core-Values.jpg

Mikhail Baryshnikov, White Oak Plantation, Yulee, Florida by Annie Leibovitz | Blouin Art Sales Index

http://berkshireonstage.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/bosmikhailbyannie.jpg

http://www.high-toned.fr/wp-content/gallery/magazines/mikhail-t-magazine.jpg
02-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #6300
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm on my third read-through now. I know, I'm a bit slow but some things are too important not to learn by heart. A few more repetitions now and I'll have it. I think the point has something to do with hociR, but I'm not sure exactly what. Should I buy a K-3?
Have you examined whether all the food stuff in any way complies with the three main food groups? Would we die of malnutrition if we just stuck to bacon, cheese, hamburgers, and all the other stuff mentioned here?
If you haven't done some sort of analysis you have wasted your time reading through again!