Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2019, 07:05 PM - 4 Likes   #63001
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Wouldn’t have lost his Rolex if he was from England, Australia or South Africa.
In South Africa, he would have lost his Rolex long ago!

02-26-2019, 07:27 PM - 3 Likes   #63002
Pentaxian

And the count is now over 63,000 post. Hooray for bacon!! And the occasional other subject but mostly BACON!!!
02-26-2019, 08:07 PM - 5 Likes   #63003
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
And the count is now over 63,000 post. Hooray for bacon!! And the occasional other subject but mostly BACON!!!
02-26-2019, 09:04 PM - 3 Likes   #63004
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We had a lot of wind the other day. If you were near the outlet where Lake Erie enters the Niagara River you would have seen this. Wind driven ice tsunami.

02-26-2019, 11:03 PM - 2 Likes   #63005
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Speaking of lycra. Nasty crash during our cycle race last night. Luckily I missed the carnage. Two of our cyclists (well actually 3, as the one bicycle was a tandem) had a crash and fall, going 67km/h, down a big hill in a bunch. Lots of bruises and some missing skin as is to be expected from a fall at that speed. Luckily they all seemed to have left the road before hitting the ground in the grass verge / fence / apple tree. Scraping along coarse tarseal at that speed is a bit like a cheese grater, so good luck that! The (rear) tandem rider did not have a scratch. One rider needs a new collarbone. When I spoke with him in the ambulance he was more concerned about his new lycra outfit being all torn up than the collarbone!
Racer can give details of a supplier of only slightly dodgy spare parts.
02-26-2019, 11:07 PM - 4 Likes   #63006
Pentaxian

But can you imagine the sweat!
I read Dune long ago. They collected the sweat and the suit recycled as drinking water. Just what a cyclist needs. Saves the weight and drag of carrying a water bottle, and the distraction of taking a drink from it.
02-26-2019, 11:10 PM   #63007
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
We had a lot of wind the other day. If you were near the outlet where Lake Erie enters the Niagara River you would have seen this. Wind driven ice tsunami.

Ice Crashes Ashore Right Beside Us On Lake Erie - YouTube
Did you eat a lot of Heinz beanz?

02-26-2019, 11:57 PM - 6 Likes   #63008
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great Beeemer story. Reminded me of this one: a keen golfer takes a non-golfing friend for a ride in his new BMW. The friend is very impressed with all the refinements, but then spots a couple of golf tees in the cup holder. ‘What are these for?’ he asks. ‘Oh, I put my balls on those when I’m driving off.’ replies the driver. ‘Wow,’ responds the friend, ‘BMW thinks of everything.’

Ok, back to videoing in 3K...
02-27-2019, 04:43 AM   #63009
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Did you eat a lot of Heinz beanz?
No. Plus that was upwind from me. I whenever I eat beenze, I make sure that I am upwind from the state capital.

Last edited by gaweidert; 02-27-2019 at 07:26 AM.
02-27-2019, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #63010
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico

They make ventilated versions, with a zillion perforations and a liner that allows for moisture to wick away.
02-27-2019, 05:43 AM   #63011
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I read Dune long ago. They collected the sweat and the suit recycled as drinking water. Just what a cyclist needs. Saves the weight and drag of carrying a water bottle, and the distraction of taking a drink from it.

Kind of like the character Kevin Costner plays in Water World during the opening scene where he is recycling his urine.
02-27-2019, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #63012
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Speaking of lycra. Nasty crash during our cycle race last night. Luckily I missed the carnage. Two of our cyclists (well actually 3, as the one bicycle was a tandem) had a crash and fall, going 67km/h, down a big hill in a bunch. Lots of bruises and some missing skin as is to be expected from a fall at that speed. Luckily they all seemed to have left the road before hitting the ground in the grass verge / fence / apple tree. Scraping along coarse tarseal at that speed is a bit like a cheese grater, so good luck that! The (rear) tandem rider did not have a scratch. One rider needs a new collarbone. When I spoke with him in the ambulance he was more concerned about his new lycra outfit being all torn up than the collarbone!
Poor guy was in shock.

Reminds me of a friend I met in Switzerland. He was zipping downhill in the mountains with an older non-disk brake bike and his front rim failed and collapsed at speed. He was in the hospital for a while. Scary stuff indeed.

I wish for your crew a speedy recovery.
02-27-2019, 06:41 AM - 1 Like   #63013
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats on 63K
02-27-2019, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #63014
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Bob, what do you stir your coffee with?
02-27-2019, 06:49 AM   #63015
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Without using google...wasn't it a "stillsuit"?