Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2019, 06:21 AM - 2 Likes   #64471
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Thank you MarkII!

Finished the awesome bacon sammich with some lettuce and tomato, and coffee (my way of course).

Now I am chilliní waiting for the pain pills to get to work and watching Law And Order (an early episode with detectives Lenny Briscoe and Mike Logan.

My foot:

Something wrong with my laptop, it seems to be on its side, even thought the keyboard is facing up.

03-20-2019, 06:37 AM - 2 Likes   #64472
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have had many surgeries over the years, beginning when I was 10.

The nature of the experience has changed over those years.

I donít recall much from that experience 53 years ago, except it was like falling asleep and then waking up an instant later.

Fast forward to me getting my wisdom teeth pulled at 16. Again, the details are somewhat sketchy, but it was like falling asleep, and then waking up an instant later. This time though, the waking up was rather sudden, like awaking with a start, quite forcefully.

My first colonoscopy was a bit different. I had some apprehension going into it. I donít like needles, and when the catheter was inserted into the vein my anxiety level was high. When they applied the anesthesia it felt like I was sinking into water. When I woke up the sensation was similar to that of going under, only in reverse. Weird.

The last two surgical events were pretty tame. I was enjoying the stuff the anesthesiologist gave me to relax. In November I recall going into the operating theater, then waking up. Today I was out before leaving the preop room. The waking up was much like waking up from a really good sleep, only really stoned.

I think that ones attitude going into these things make all the difference in the experience. I try to stay open minded and relaxed, and find that it helps to make it easier to endure.
I've been under a few times but the funniest one was when I had the wisdom teeth yanked. It was ohhh, 30 years ago or so and I was with Mrs CharLac V1.0. She drove me there as I was told that I would be in no shape to drive home. Man oh man were they right on that front.

As soon as I got in the chair they hooked up the IV and injected a dollop of Valium. Good stuff that Valium as all of a sudden I had no cares in the world. Once the dentist was ready, they injected me with Demerol which, If I remember correctly was kinda purple looking. I saw them starting to inject it and then....nothing.

I guess, and I only vaguely remember this, once the procedure was over, they disconnected all the needles and stuff and waited for me to wake up. The nurse must have left the room for a minute and when she came back, I was wandering around, completely disoriented. They led me to the front where I paid my bill and sent me on my way.

The dentist's office was in a shopping mall so poor Mrs CharLac had to lead me through the mall. I was feeling great and very friendly so I was talking to everyone I saw. Mrs CharLac V1.0 is a very shy person so this was a horror for her.

Anyway, she got me to the car and home where I started to watch some movie and proceeded to slip in and out of sleep while it droned on.
03-20-2019, 06:49 AM   #64473
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Something wrong with my laptop, it seems to be on its side, even thought the keyboard is facing up.
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Maybe that explains why the pictures are sideways?
Stoopit iPod.

Again, blame it on the iPod.
03-20-2019, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #64474
Pentaxian

That is too bad Eddie.

We know that one 12 hour time release is better twice a day, for better and safer health (because of the time release and absence of acetaminophen), and for the convenience of only having to manage two doses a day.

With no narcotic hangover.

I hope your dad continues to have a reasonably good quality of life, and has a great many years too!
Well he does have some kidney issues but he has made his choice that he doesn't ever want to go the Dialysis route having watched more than one friend do that over the last 40 years (he has outlived all his friends from his youth most of his golf buddies are in mid 60s and he beats them lolol ) his GF is in her 70s i think (hard to keep up on that front) so he still has a good life, If it ends without going to a home I think he will be happy. (certainly, for me I never want to end in a home)

03-20-2019, 10:04 AM - 2 Likes   #64475
Pentaxian

Mid-day, at least here in the heartland, and no Happy Hump Day wishes yet?

03-20-2019, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #64476
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Sounds like he is doing well.

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
, If it ends without going to a home I think he will be happy. (certainly, for me I never want to end in a home)
That's the thing. Do your best to stay active and fit enough to always do for yourself. Being able to make it through each day without help from others is the goal.

Independence.

Freedom.

Peace.
03-20-2019, 10:15 AM - 5 Likes   #64477
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
You asked for it....
Attached Images

03-20-2019, 10:16 AM - 2 Likes   #64478
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Yesterday, at about 7am I lost all reference to what day of the week it is.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPod touch  Photo 
03-20-2019, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #64479
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
You asked for it....
Say you're sorry Charlie.
03-20-2019, 10:18 AM - 1 Like   #64480
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

There.

I fixed it so y'all don't have to turn your monitor, laptop, stoopit phon on its side.

Time to go take a pill.

And Racer sez BFN!
03-20-2019, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #64481
Pentaxian

I've got just the shoe for you.

03-20-2019, 10:23 AM - 2 Likes   #64482
Pentaxian

Let's see.
There's 3 of us here, one retired, one laid up, and one who's supposed to be working.
Sound about right?
03-20-2019, 11:08 AM - 2 Likes   #64483
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Say you're sorry Charlie.
Now why should I say sorry when you asked for it....I so hate being Canadian some times.....sorrrry Bob
03-20-2019, 12:37 PM - 5 Likes   #64484
Loyal Site Supporter

Happy Spring gang!
Happy Spring to you as well, Bob, from the resident Smartass.
Attached Images

03-20-2019, 01:59 PM   #64485
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Let's see.
There's 3 of us here, one retired, one laid up, and one who's supposed to be working.
Sound about right?
Don't leave out those who are mia, and Norm & Monochrome pop in now and again.

Then there is Joel.

Remember Joel?