Photos: Gallery
"The President recommended a Pentax"
"What's a Pentax?"
"About 3%"

11-20-2013, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #632
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
I do have a question regarding the perpetuation of this particular thread. I believe it is being done in the belief that the OP will return again in 6 months. My question is, why do you want him/her to return? It is fairly clear that most of you are not interested in hearing opinions that are in opposition to your own. It almost appears that you are waiting here with buckets of tar and bags of feathers so that you can chase him off the thread...
Honestly, the OP is not interested in my opinion, or in the opinions of anyone on this thread. If he were, he would have come back and dialogued on the subject. Lauren has posted elsewhere that she is bothered by the Ricoh name and that she "fixed it." That's fine. And she talks to the people who post in her thread.

At this point, it is more like the OP opened his home, put a sign out that said "cheese sandwich party here" and then left home for us to party in his thread...
11-20-2013, 12:04 PM - 1 Like   #633
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
At this point, it is more like the OP opened his home, put a sign out that said "cheese sandwich party here" and then left home for us to party in his thread...
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
I don't feel that way Pioneer, to me it's more like the OP opened a thread with no particular purpose other than upsetting folks, and instead we're making light of it.
Yep. Nothing wrong with yelling GO YANKEES! in the middle of Fenway Park, but I have to think that one would expect to have to duck immediately afterward.
11-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #634
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't feel that way Pioneer, to me it's more like the OP opened a thread with no particular purpose other than upsetting folks, and instead we're making light of it.
+1 Also, this was something like the third thread about the RICOH logo. The various aspects of it had already been debated extensively. It had reached the point of absurdity, which the thread reflects nicely.

11-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #635
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't feel that way Pioneer, to me it's more like the OP opened a thread with no particular purpose other than upsetting folks, and instead we're making light of it. I sure don't mean to include you in any collateral damage & sorry if you feel I for one am being mean. I'm not going to ambush anyone around here, my life's too short - and often a bit silly
Oh, I don't feel that way for myself, but thank you for your concern. I love a good argument and have even been known occasionally to argue opinions different then my own just for the fun of it. Believe me, I have said a lot of silly things myself, some on this very forum, and I certainly deserve an occasional ribbing.

Where I get concerned is when people began to refer to others as "stupid", "silly", and several other denigrating terms rather than at least trying to express why you disagree. And there are some more threads somewhat similar to this one, and I see the same types of response in all those threads. IMHO it feels like some people have decided that if your opinion does not conform to theirs then they will shout you down and chase you out of town.
11-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #636
Veteran Member

Tony Soprano: I gotta be honest with you. I'm not getting any satisfaction from my work either.

Dr. Jennifer Melfi: Why?

Tony Soprano: Well, because of RICOH.

Dr. Jennifer Melfi: Is he your brother?

Tony Soprano: No. The RICOH statutes?

Dr. Jennifer Melfi: Oh.

[chuckles]

Dr. Jennifer Melfi: Of course, right.
11-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #637
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Honestly, the OP is not interested in my opinion, or in the opinions of anyone on this thread. If he were, he would have come back and dialogued on the subject. Lauren has posted elsewhere that she is bothered by the Ricoh name and that she "fixed it." That's fine. And she talks to the people who post in her thread.

Great statement Rondec. I too kind of wonder why the OP has left the party.

@ Parallel = "Yep. Nothing wrong with yelling GO YANKEES! in the middle of Fenway Park, but I have to think that one would expect to have to duck immediately afterward."

THAT is evidence of a deathwish.
11-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #638
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Something that the people who joined this thread after the first day probably don't know is that all his initial post said was:
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxdude Quote
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.
He edited it the next day to add everything after that, presumably as an attempt at damage control. By that time this thread was like the Cannonball Express and Casey Jones himself couldn't have stopped it.

Last edited by Parallax; 11-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.
11-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #639
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

WOOHOO!
Cheese Sandwich: 212 posts
Ricoh on the Back: 639
11-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #640
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Does the pet rock have a K-mount?
Adding to the other briliant and to the point answers... you can always carve one in it... they also come full framed...
11-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #641
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
He edited it the next day to add everything after that, presumably as an attempt at damage control.
Yeah, I noticed that a couple of weeks ago.
11-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #642
Veteran Member

WOOHOO!
Now wait, you're some kind of psychic medium, right? How would you know that your post would be number 639, when the thread was only up to 638 at the time...
11-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #643
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Now wait, you're some kind of psychic medium, right? How would you know that your post would be number 639, when the thread was only up to 638 at the time...
I think Parallax has ESPN!
11-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #644
Loyal Site Supporter

WOOHOO!
What do we do now?

I feel empty...

Sort of on-topic (forgive me), perhaps when people ask why it took Ricoh so long to integrate the Ricoh and Pentax design teams, we can point back to the Ricoh logo threads as an example of just how resistant people are to change, even over things that appear trivial to some.
11-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #645
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Now wait, you're some kind of psychic medium, right?
Did you know that meteorologists were created to make mediums and psychics seem credible?