Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #6616
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
This thread is approaching the participation levels of the venerable '15mm blows my mind' thread. At the rate this thread expands, it will pass the 15mm thread's 'score' of 6600 replies some time today.

Does anyone know what is the longest, most active thread of all time on PF?
I do not but I would venture to say here in the next few weeks..... this one

02-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #6617
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
Everyone is resting from the post-a-thon yesterday.
This. We're all tired & have nothing left to say?
02-25-2014, 11:18 PM   #6618
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Looked at the forecast, high of 33 tomorrow. Seriously, that's colder than the normal low. Go away winter. You have stopped me from purchasing a K3.
Low tonight will be -25F. The winter is old now and must die soon.
02-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #6619
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
The weather is weird this year. We've had just a few weeks of winter, and not really cold. Mostly rain and above freezing. That's OK with me other than it making the darkness even worse.

Winter is no fun either way.

I'm in no mood to buy a K-3

02-26-2014, 04:41 AM   #6620
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
DEATH TO WINTER!

---------- Post added 02-26-14 at 05:43 AM ----------

Cold and snow is the forecast for as long as they can predict!!
02-26-2014, 04:52 AM   #6621

At the rate this thread expands, it will pass the 15mm thread's 'score' of 6600 replies some time today.

Your post was 6615.

And reason enough to not buy the K3.
02-26-2014, 05:13 AM   #6622
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Your post was 6615.

And reason enough to not buy the K3.
Ditto

I go away to work a bit and to sleep ... and y'all put up several pages and pass "6600" without me?!

With PF friends like that ... who needs a K-3. Nope, ain't gonna get one (yet) ... still 18+ months of K-5 warranty left to run through ... by that time, this thread should be at 50k posts and hociR "Family Friendly" oriented ... or at least destroying the front and back hociR labeled "K-3some xxx".
02-26-2014, 05:20 AM   #6623
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
DEATH TO WINTER!

---------- Post added 02-26-14 at 05:43 AM ----------

Cold and snow is the forecast for as long as they can predict!!
I'm so sick of winter. Winter in the South generally includes running the AC during the day & the heat at night. Killing my electric bill.

02-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #6624
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

-27 with wind-chill of -39. No end in sight; March is often as cold as February.
02-26-2014, 05:36 AM   #6625
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Ditto

I go away to work a bit and to sleep ... and y'all put up several pages and pass "6600" without me?!

With PF friends like that ... who needs a K-3. Nope, ain't gonna get one (yet) ... still 18+ months of K-5 warranty left to run through ... by that time, this thread should be at 50k posts and hociR "Family Friendly" oriented ... or at least destroying the front and back hociR labeled "K-3some xxx".
Work? Is that compatible with contests on PF?

And is there a separate contest for who'll post #6666 in here?

My K-5 is past it's 2 year warranty, so that's no excuse for me... And I'm not sure I want to become "Family Friendly"!

(That somehow doesn't sound quite right )
02-26-2014, 05:50 AM - 2 Likes   #6626
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Work? Is that compatible with contests on PF?

And is there a separate contest for who'll post #6666 in here? ...
Nope. Did not get "a lot" done on Monday while at home with Charlotte plus competing on PF ... At least we went to the park for a couple of hours in the afternoon, and I tested the new A 50/1.4 a bit. Happy that I did not exceed my limits for the lens contest: No more than 100 posts and in bed at 11PM (as usual) ... both of those events happened at about the same time. Was surprised in the morning to discover that I won while sleeping ... go figure. Was a happy camper yesterday, but "paying the price" a bit now ...

6666 ... the hociR devil doom post ?! J

Charlotte and the not-so-merry Merry-go-round ride ... would K-3 have changed her expression? Nope.

02-26-2014, 06:06 AM   #6627
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This thread is approaching the participation levels of the venerable '15mm blows my mind' thread. At the rate this thread expands, it will pass the 15mm thread's 'score' of 6600 replies some time today.

Does anyone know what is the longest, most active thread of all time on PF?
I keep forgetting to ask Adam to check. I can think of 4 threads longer, and one of those, The Takumar Club, is over 10,000; but considering it's 6 or 7 years old we aren't doing bad.

It's supposed to warm up a bit here today. 20s today and tonight is supposed to be -2 with scattered darkness after sunset.
02-26-2014, 06:08 AM   #6628
Site Supporter

Nope. Did not get "a lot" done on Monday while at home with Charlotte plus competing on PF ... At least we went to the park for a couple of hours in the afternoon, and I tested the new A 50/1.4 a bit. Happy that I did not exceed my limits for the lens contest: No more than 100 posts and in bed at 11PM (as usual) ... both of those events happened at about the same time. Was surprised in the morning to discover that I won while sleeping ... go figure. Was a happy camper yesterday, but "paying the price" a bit now ...
Right, I definitely need to get out with my newest lenses - Super Tak 50/1.4 and Porst 55/1.2. Initial testing looks promosing

And I suppose you've proved that you can beat the rest of us even when asleep. That's what I call superiority

QuoteQuote:
6666 ... the hociR devil doom post ?! J
Waiting for the K-666 - the devilishly good entry level hociR xatneP.

QuoteQuote:
Charlotte and the not-so-merry Merry-go-round ride ... would K-3 have changed her expression? Nope.
Maybe a pink K-50 would?

---------- Post added 2014-02-26 at 14:10 ----------

...and can you guys stop talking about the weather? It's depressing!
02-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #6629
Loyal Site Supporter

Or one of those goofy Holga smiley face flashes?
02-26-2014, 06:25 AM   #6630

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I'm so sick of winter. Winter in the South generally includes running the AC during the day & the heat at night. Killing my electric bill.
Get a waterbed, and turn off the heater. It will feel like sleeping on a cold concrete slab.

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
-27 with wind-chill of -39. No end in sight; March is often as cold as February.
5 years ago last December I was in Winterpeg, Manitoba. It was -50F counting the wind chill. Not something I would want to do very often.

So cold it made every part of my body feel brittle.

What in the world did you do to elicit an expression like that?

Refuse ice cream?

Or tell her she wasn't getting a K3?
« False colour | - »