Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
05-21-2019, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #66976
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
As the mommy tomato said to the baby tomato straggling behind: catchup!

05-21-2019, 06:40 PM - 5 Likes   #66977
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good night all...oh yeah, these were great eating!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
05-21-2019, 06:44 PM - 6 Likes   #66978
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh yeah and....bacon!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
05-21-2019, 06:44 PM - 5 Likes   #66979
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
I had fish soup the night before and the mussels seemed a bit off. That could have been it.
There it is.

The mussels.

While driving Monstro I often found myself near Sturbridge, Massachusetts (a short drive West of Boston). There was a small village where I would bobtail to and do a load of laundry, and then stop at a neat little restaurant, have a nice dinner and a beer, then go and crash in the sleeper in the restaurant parking lot. The food was always great.

The last time I passed through that way was to pick up a load of ground support for Boeing at Logan. The night before I had dinner at what had become my favorite place there. They had a special on steamer clams. So I had a bucket of steamer clams, a salad, bread, and one beer. After dinner I went to the truck, crawled in back and went to sleep. My alarm was set for around 3 am so I would have time to get back to the truckstop, hook to my wagon, grab a shower and fix breakfast.

I woke up about 2 hours after falling asleep.

And spent the next 3 or 4 hours heaving in the bushes by the truck. I puked so much I swear I spit up dinner from a week before. Finally it was time to get rolling, so I drove the few miles to the trailer, puked, went in and showered, puked, went to the truck to fix breakfast (which I didn't), puked, made some coffee, puked, did my pretrip, puked, stopped and fueld up as I left, puked, and got on the tollway headed for Boston. Stopped at every service plaza and puked. Got to Logan, and got in line at the security gate. Puked one last time.

I was very dehydrated after all that.

Got loaded, and headed out.

At the first service plaza on the tollway I found a place to park and went back to bed.

Later that day I called the restaurant and complained and they acted like it wasn't the clams. I know better.

And I will never eat at that place ever again.

05-21-2019, 06:49 PM   #66980
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Good night all...oh yeah, these were great eating!
They look pretty chubby, but is that as big as they get?
05-21-2019, 06:53 PM - 3 Likes   #66981
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
There it is.

The mussels.

While driving Monstro I often found myself near Sturbridge, Massachusetts (a short drive West of Boston). There was a small village where I would bobtail to and do a load of laundry, and then stop at a neat little restaurant, have a nice dinner and a beer, then go and crash in the sleeper in the restaurant parking lot. The food was always great.

The last time I passed through that way was to pick up a load of ground support for Boeing at Logan. The night before I had dinner at what had become my favorite place there. They had a special on steamer clams. So I had a bucket of steamer clams, a salad, bread, and one beer. After dinner I went to the truck, crawled in back and went to sleep. My alarm was set for around 3 am so I would have time to get back to the truckstop, hook to my wagon, grab a shower and fix breakfast.

I woke up about 2 hours after falling asleep.

And spent the next 3 or 4 hours heaving in the bushes by the truck. I puked so much I swear I spit up dinner from a week before. Finally it was time to get rolling, so I drove the few miles to the trailer, puked, went in and showered, puked, went to the truck to fix breakfast (which I didn't), puked, made some coffee, puked, did my pretrip, puked, stopped and fueld up as I left, puked, and got on the tollway headed for Boston. Stopped at every service plaza and puked. Got to Logan, and got in line at the security gate. Puked one last time.

I was very dehydrated after all that.

Got loaded, and headed out.

At the first service plaza on the tollway I found a place to park and went back to bed.

Later that day I called the restaurant and complained and they acted like it wasn't the clams. I know better.

And I will never eat at that place ever again.
Damn. Good thing I don't like clams... nor mussels...
05-21-2019, 07:01 PM - 2 Likes   #66982
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Damn. Good thing I don't like clams... nor mussels...
You really need to have freshly dug razor clams. Bread with tempura breading, pan fry in garlic butter, and enjoy.

They are awesome.

And the scraps from cleaning them make excellent chowder.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 05-21-2019 at 07:48 PM.
05-21-2019, 08:42 PM - 3 Likes   #66983
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi Charlie

So thats mussels 1 and BACON 0
Good luck absconding with Savouches ltd s I would us them on the K1 regardless but thats just me.....I got"em I us"em.

Dave
05-22-2019, 01:16 AM - 1 Like   #66984
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I had fish soup the night before and the mussels seemed a bit off. That could have been it.
I'm no fan of mussels at the best of times, but very skeptical to anything of the sorts when travelling. Even fish if I'm somewhere far from the coast.

Then again, if you are to follow all the advice on what you shouldn't eat abroad you'd starve.
05-22-2019, 01:22 AM   #66985
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Good luck absconding with Savouches ltd s I would us them on the K1 regardless but thats just me.....I got"em I us"em.
Well, yes, DA70 is quite usable. But use the DA21 in crop mode when I can use the FA31 in FF mode? The one that could defend its place is the DA15, but even that is hard when the A20 makes a good enough job.

As I said, it's all the evil hociR's doing!
05-22-2019, 02:10 AM - 1 Like   #66986
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Is the evil hocIR giving the unwanted/useable ones to Charlie then?...eh

Lucky Charlie

Dave
05-22-2019, 02:58 AM - 2 Likes   #66987
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Lucky Charlie
05-22-2019, 05:39 AM   #66988
Veteran Member

A lot of bleary eyes, hangovers, and no-shows at work this morning in the StL area.
The Blues clinched the Western Conference title at home and are heading to the Stanley Cup finals for the 1st time in 49 years.

05-22-2019, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #66989
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
The Blues
The Blues Brothers? On skates?

Well, I'd never...

05-22-2019, 06:15 AM   #66990
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
They look pretty chubby, but is that as big as they get?
There were chubby; lots of meat. And yes they get bigger. Maybe 2 - 2.5 pounds. We saw a big one swimming around but it did not go after our lures.