Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2019, 10:37 AM - 2 Likes   #67096
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
{Quoted from the link Bob posted, with a slight edit, for clarity.}

Note the highlighted, bold, underlined text.

When pausing once each year to memorialize those who have perished in defense of the United States, we pause to remember all who perished, including those from other nations and cultures, who gave all for the Red, White and Blue.

Of course I pause frequently many times through out the year to do what we traditionally do this weekend. I don't need a holiday to remember the ones who gave all.
Indeed, like the French forces that were instrumental to the independence of the United States. I always find the slights at the "French surrender monkeys" curiously ignorant.

05-25-2019, 10:44 AM - 3 Likes   #67097
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Edit, never mind, I tested it on the bbq forum and it stayed up for a little while and now it's gone there and will be soon here too. Back to Flickr.

Please ignore this post, it's a test to see if a plug-in for Google Photos allows me to post cell pics here without first transferring them to Flickr. I can test using Explorer because they always show up for me using Chrome.
Thank you!
I don't think I've tried sharing anything from Google. I find Flickr to work reasonably well. Except when they're moving from one cloud to the next...

Oh, and I don't have any pictures of it, but this week (on Monday, I think) we had pork wings for lunch. So much for the NASA claims about pigs not being abel to fly.
05-25-2019, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #67098
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A bit late to be starting a garden, isn't it George?

I know you and Mrs. George went to Jellystone and all, but sheesh, half the growing season has passed.
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
We are still having spring run off around here, and had freezing temperature 4 nights ago. We do finally have the plants we started indoors in the ground.
Same here, Norm. There was over a foot of snow in Western S. D. a few days ago.
Racer, it may be well into Spring where you are, but around here we aren't absolutely certain that Winter is over. (or ever will be)
05-25-2019, 10:56 AM - 3 Likes   #67099
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Same here, Norm. There was over a foot of snow in Western S. D. a few days ago.
Racer, it may be well into Spring where you are, but around here we aren't absolutely certain that Winter is over. (or ever will be
Hang in there Jim, before you know it you'll be complaining about the heat.

05-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #67100
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
And he may well deny this assertion to appear humble.
Insanely humble.
05-25-2019, 11:44 AM - 1 Like   #67101
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Racer, it may be well into Spring where you are, but around here we aren't absolutely certain that Winter is over. (or ever will be)
You are in the shadow of the Continental Divide. There are only three seasons, right?

Winter's coming.

It is winter.

Winter should be over soon.
05-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #67102
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Been a long winter here south of Lake Ontario too. Everything is late this year. And the wet ground isn't helping either. We jut ended a 10 day Lilac Festival here in Rochester. The lilacs seem to have waited until after the festival was over. Still not as bad as places like the Black Hills in South Dakota. They had 12 inches of snow earlier this week. Pouring rain right now and Norm is getting it even harder and longer north of the lake.
Yeah, I saw your pictures of the park, and your trip. Winter isn't letting go just yet. We have had days with 80 degrees, for a day or two. Just long enough to get a sunburn.

I go around and open all the upstairs windows, set the thermostatic fans on the south half, so when it warms up they pull a crosswind through the room to keep it cool.

Then a few days later the clouds come and the temps drop to the low 50's.

So I turn off all the fans, pull the windows closed, and wish for the sun again.

Meanwhile the grass is growing like crazy and needs mowed again.

And the rain makes it a task I dread.

So it ain't getting done today.

Maybe Monday, and I'll think of those who gave all, the whole time I am riding around on the mower, with ear muffs on.

05-25-2019, 12:23 PM - 2 Likes   #67103
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Hang in there Jim, before you know it you'll be complaining about the heat.
Yep.
There's one thing about the weather that is 100% predictable: we complain about it.
05-25-2019, 12:36 PM - 2 Likes   #67104
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I don't think I've tried sharing anything from Google. I find Flickr to work reasonably well. Except when they're moving from one cloud to the next...

Oh, and I don't have any pictures of it, but this week (on Monday, I think) we had pork wings for lunch. So much for the NASA claims about pigs not being abel to fly.
I am almost done cleaning out my Photobucket account. Down to 37 images, 730 MB of 2.5 GB allowed. There are likely a few thousand web forum posts out there that have the funny looking placeholder or an error message saying the picture can't be found, where I hotlinked a picture.

And still they send me e-mails that claim I am exceeding the free limits, and pester me to "buy up".

The latest, "new and improved" Photobucket sucks just as bad as what the old one had become. Even going there with an awesome browser with an agressive spam and malware filter was a struggle, it really responded slowly to search, navigation and editing commands. I had abandoned using Photobucket, as opening my account there would often result in me having to invoke the Task Manager, and kill the browser there.

Photobucket can, um, well, I better not say here. I'd have to spank myself and go to bed without dinner or something.

I opened a free account Jul 01st, 2006. Pity, eh.

It wasn't until six years later, December 2012, that I opened a free Flickr account.

Flickr seems to be chugging away fairly well lately. Sure, there have been a few hiccups as they migrate over tot heir new servers or whatever it is.

I still like Flickr. Maybe even more now that that Yahoo bunch is out of the picture.

When those Smug Mugger took over I thought, "Cool, they said they weren't gonna make any changes."

Well they lied, and if I wanted to continue to enjoy using my Flickr page to host picture I wish to share, they said I gotta be a "Pro".

Of course a "Pro" has to pay to play.

Now I'm a long ways from being a Pro at any thing. Well except being a professional amateur. Now there is something I excel at.

I'll close this rant with the first picture I felt worthy of sharing on my newly registered Flickr account. I took it Christmas Day, 2008, with my trusty K10D and DA 18~55.

By the way, that cedar tree is still lying along the riverbank just upstream from my place.
05-25-2019, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #67105
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

To be fair, living in the inland coastal basin of Puget Sound is great. Generally the weather is mild, rarely too hot, or too cold. We get storms now and then, trees blow down, power goes out, rivers flood, sometimes it snows.

Then the sun comes out and it is all rainbows and unicorn farts.

05-25-2019, 12:48 PM - 1 Like   #67106
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Just a test, like Bob. I want to see how Photobucket works these days.

And in keeping with the discussion about the holiday weekend, remember, all the idiots will be out driving too. Don't be one of them, and don't let one ruin your day.

*edit*

I see it is true, Photobucket does mark the picture now.

For the record, it is NOT PROUDLY HOSTED on Photobucket.
05-25-2019, 12:59 PM - 2 Likes   #67107
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Just about to settle down for a couple of hours of televised pugilism... Boxing from Manchester, Hughie Fury vs Chris Norrad. So few bouts are on terrestrial "free to air" TV these days, it's a treat when there's a decent bout on...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 05-25-2019 at 04:55 PM.
05-25-2019, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #67108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, I saw your pictures of the park, and your trip. Winter isn't letting go just yet
We had a great time at the park. My wife hadn't been there since 1998. She really liked it in May as everything is new and fresh. Not tired after dry summer. In 2016 I went out in May and it has become sort of an annual thing for me. Prices are lower and there is more wildlife around. We also stopped at Badlands National Park on the way out. For some reason my wife did not want to stop at Wall Drugs. I do miss the old Wall Drugs signs you found all over the country.
05-25-2019, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #67109
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Just about to settle down for a couple of hours of televised pugilism... Boxing from Manchester, Hughie Fury vs Chris Norrad. So few bouts are on terrestrial "free to air" TV these days, it's a treat when there's a decent bout on...
Well, the undercard fights are turning out to be better than the main bout - as is sometimes the case. Norrad was counted out just over a minute into the 2nd round... The defeat was expected, if not perhaps quite so quickly... Sets Fury back up to continue his progress after the previous unfortunate stoppage due to an eye injury...

EDIT: Ooooh, and some foxy boxing coming up next. Super-middle-weight, 6 x 2 min rounds, Borislava Goranova (Bulgaria) vs Savannah Marshall (UK)... Nice
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 

Last edited by BigMackCam; 05-25-2019 at 04:55 PM.
05-25-2019, 04:18 PM - 2 Likes   #67110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Norrad was counted out just over a minute into the 2nd round
He's a pretty pudgy pugilist.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »