Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
05-25-2019, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #67111
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
He's a pretty pudgy pugilist.
Heavyweight division... It takes a variety of body shapes, and there's often what looks like - is in fact - excess body fat, but it's usually accompanied by muscle mass. Even the weight alone has benefits, for instance when taking body shots - so long as it's accompanied by muscle...

05-25-2019, 04:51 PM - 2 Likes   #67112
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Heavyweight division... It takes a variety of body shapes, and there's often what looks like - is in fact - excess body fat, but it's usually accompanied by muscle mass. Even the weight alone has benefits, for instance when taking body shots - so long as it's accompanied by muscle...
Well none of the boxers here are heavy heavyweights.

05-25-2019, 10:47 PM   #67113
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sounds like an STD that's all in your head.
(Charlie, sit on your hands and count to 100 before responding)

Funny how acronyms can change. When I was young STD was 'Subscriber Trunk Dialling', a service provided by THE telco, at that time the General Post Office. Allowed one to make long distance call without talking to an operator.

Now popular usage has it with a solely other meaning.
05-25-2019, 10:56 PM - 1 Like   #67114
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
{Quoted from the link Bob posted, with a slight edit, for clarity.}

Note the highlighted, bold, underlined text.

When pausing once each year to memorialize those who have perished in defense of the United States, we pause to remember all who perished, including those from other nations and cultures, who gave all for the Red, White and Blue.

Of course I pause frequently many times through out the year to do what we traditionally do this weekend. I don't need a holiday to remember the ones who gave all.

The highlighted part is:
1. Important, these people who went before us are part of how we have come to have the way of life we know now rather than dominated by those who sought to dominate us and everyone else around. We remember them both for what they did and also as like friends who have gone, even if we did not personally know them.
2. The interesting part is that in most countries I know of the equivalent remembrance is on a day associated with some particular, nationally changing date, but has been expanded to include the 'all' part. So, in Australia 25/4 was the first day of major combat in WWI (there were other much smaller actions earlier) but the remembrance has expanded to include all those conflicts in which Australia participated.

05-26-2019, 05:52 AM - 2 Likes   #67115
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Well, the undercard fights are turning out to be better than the main bout - as is sometimes the case. Norrad was counted out just over a minute into the 2nd round... The defeat was expected, if not perhaps quite so quickly... Sets Fury back up to continue his progress after the previous unfortunate stoppage due to an eye injury...

EDIT: Ooooh, and some foxy boxing coming up next. Super-middle-weight, 6 x 2 min rounds, Borislava Goranova (Bulgaria) vs Savannah Marshall (UK)... Nice
I always liked the lighter weight classes. Those guys pound the daylights out of each other. The heavyweight pugilists dance around a lot, without a lot of action.

My all time favorite pugilist, Sugar Ray Leonard.

05-26-2019, 06:04 AM   #67116
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Now popular usage has it with a solely other meaning.
I wouldn't say that STD's are popular.

I know I don't want any.
05-26-2019, 06:17 AM - 1 Like   #67117
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I always liked the lighter weight classes. Those guys pound the daylights out of each other. The heavyweight pugilists dance around a lot, without a lot of action.

My all time favorite pugilist, Sugar Ray Leonard.
I like watching all the classes, but my favourites are at the heavier end... welterweight through cruiser / light-heavyweight. Pure heavyweight can be a bit slow (although I'm sure it doesn't feel that way inside the ring ), and often relies too much on outright power for my liking.

Sugar Ray was incredible, and rightly remains a boxing legend...

05-26-2019, 07:19 AM - 2 Likes   #67118
Veteran Member

Got my 1.5 year old half of a brisket going on the smoker.
Some freezer burn but not a lot, trimmed it off along with most of the fat, old fat isn't good eating.
78F out, humid as hell, and not a bit of air movement, small thunderstorms in the area.
05-26-2019, 07:46 AM - 2 Likes   #67119
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Got my 1.5 year old half of a brisket going on the smoker.
Some freezer burn but not a lot, trimmed it off along with most of the fat, old fat isn't good eating.
78F out, humid as hell, and not a bit of air movement, small thunderstorms in the area.
You could wrap it in some of that home smoked bacon you make, so the bacon fat would restore the fat lost from trimming the rancid old fat off.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 05-26-2019 at 03:54 PM.
05-26-2019, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #67120
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

The Monaco GP is running, six laps to go.

Just saw a replay, close up of a car at the apex of a turn, the right side tyres just lightly rubbing the steel barrier.

Awesome stuff!
05-26-2019, 07:58 AM - 2 Likes   #67121
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

By the way, a legend has passed.

Born Andreas Nikolaus Lauda
22 February 1949
Vienna, Austria
Died 20 May 2019 (aged 70)
Zürich, Switzerland

RIP Niki.

05-26-2019, 10:19 AM - 3 Likes   #67122
Veteran Member

Storms have passed, we got a bit of rain, temp dropped to 74, humidity pulled into the storms, and now a little breeze.
Pretty darn nice out there now.
Very heavy crop of raindrops on my grill table using my mid-range Samsung cellphone (clouds, hand and phone visible in the drops)
Eat your heart out livE hociR!

05-26-2019, 11:55 AM - 3 Likes   #67123
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Grill table - water. Maybe nature's trying to tell you something.

Just sayin'
05-26-2019, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #67124
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Storms have passed, we got a bit of rain, temp dropped to 74, humidity pulled into the storms, and now a little breeze.
Pretty darn nice out there now.
Sounds very pleasant, Bob. We've had a similarly mixed day... not as warm as there, of course, but around 19.5C / 67F for much of the day. Dropping now... 14.5C / 58C, but the early evening sun is shining...

Very heavy crop of raindrops on my grill table using my mid-range Samsung cellphone (clouds, hand and phone visible in the drops)
Eat your heart out livE hociR!
Sure is purdy. As we're told in other threads from time-to-time, smartphone cameras will sound the death-knell of every other type of camera including DSLR and mirrorless. I'm half expecting my next prostate examination to involve an iPhone... Ouch
05-26-2019, 12:03 PM - 2 Likes   #67125
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Grill table - water. Maybe nature's trying to tell you something.
I like your thinking. A little more water, and there'd be enough to boil up some ribs