Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
05-30-2019, 02:24 AM - 2 Likes   #67336
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
HAHA you lot gone off BACON or what, never mind convents I was beaten every day until they expelled me, hope your foot is doing better Racer, still laughing regards Ian

---------- Post added 05-30-19 at 02:28 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I got about a minute into that and couldn't watch any further. I'm the same with video clip shows on TV... anything where folks are potentially getting hurt, I just can't watch them My Dad loves them, though, so I tend to wander off and find other things to do...
I agree really stupid, I sit on my balcony have a couple feed the dog and reply to some of the stuff here or watch TV, regards Ian

05-30-2019, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #67337
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I got about a minute into that and couldn't watch any further. I'm the same with video clip shows on TV... anything where folks are potentially getting hurt, I just can't watch them My Dad loves them, though, so I tend to wander off and find other things to do...
Yes, for sure.

It can be difficult watching morons do stoopit stuff that results in grievous injury.

For me the only consolation is that the ones who do stoopit stuff that results in their death are removed from the gene pool. I only hope that they haven't reproduced just yet.
05-30-2019, 04:56 AM - 2 Likes   #67338
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
It is getting better.

The left foot was done 2 years ago and is pretty much fully healed, and mostly better than before.

The right foot was “fixed” last November, but required a revision about 2 months ago. It is now healing as expected, and next week I find out when I can quit wearing the cast boot and begin physical therapy.

The upside of all this is that I will have little or no pain and will once again be able to wear normal shoes.
Who is cutting your million acre estate?
05-30-2019, 04:57 AM   #67339
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
hope your foot is doing better Racer, still laughing regards Ian
Thank you, Ian!

It is getting better everyday.

05-30-2019, 04:59 AM - 1 Like   #67340
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Who is cutting your million acre estate?
Me.

My diesel Kubota riding mower has cruise control. Climb on, fire it up, engage the mower deck, press the go pedal and set the cruise. Then all I do is sit on my butt and steer until all the grass is shorter than when I started.
05-30-2019, 05:00 AM - 2 Likes   #67341
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good morning all. So the kitchen folks are lined up for the new place, as is the hardwood guy. Next...hmmm, might order a dumpster. Those folks smoked (and not Bob's kind of smoking) in their house so I gotta rip out all the carpets and any hanging tile ceilings. It's going to be a busy summer!
05-30-2019, 05:00 AM - 1 Like   #67342
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Me.

My diesel Kubota riding mower has cruise control. Climb on, fire it up, engage the mower deck, press the go pedal and set the cruise. Then all I do is steer until all the grass is shorter than when I started.
Sweet

05-30-2019, 05:16 AM   #67343
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Those folks smoked (and not Bob's kind of smoking) in their house so I gotta rip out all the carpets and any hanging tile ceilings.
Smoking is such a nasty habit. A guy working with me in the light duty shop is a choker (smoker). Each morning when he comes in, I can smell him before I can see him. Of course I think he also drinks heavily, as the tobacco stench has that nasty alcohol sweat overtone.

Help me, I need fresh air!

Sweet
Yes it is.

I prefer the tractor for the bulk of mowing, but I failed to drain the cooling system last fall, and it froze, cracking the engine block. So now I am searching for a replacement cylinder block or possibly a complete engine. I may have found one, in Kentucky, but it won't come cheap. (Cheaper than a replacement tractor, but still, I shouldn't have neglected draining the cooling system)

The tractor gives a better ride (much larger tires) and with the 72" cut makes quick work of the mowing. The rider only cuts 52" for each pass, and with overlap each pass only cuts about 40" or so.

My tractor mower:

05-30-2019, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #67344
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Smoking is such a nasty habit. A guy working with me in the light duty shop is a choker (smoker). Each morning when he comes in, I can smell him before I can see him. Of course I think he also drinks heavily, as the tobacco stench has that nasty alcohol sweat overtone.

Help me, I need fresh air!
Yeah, that can be brutal...worked with a guy like that in Switzerland (called him "drunk Colin") and he had a third odour... he rarely bathed

Yes it is.

I prefer the tractor for the bulk of mowing, but I failed to drain the cooling system last fall, and it froze, cracking the engine block. So now I am searching for a replacement cylinder block or possibly a complete engine. I may have found one, in Kentucky, but it won't come cheap. (Cheaper than a replacement tractor, but still, I shouldn't have neglected draining the cooling system)

The tractor gives a better ride (much larger tires) and with the 72" cut makes quick work of the mowing. The rider only cuts 52" for each pass, and with overlap each pass only cuts about 40" or so.

My tractor mower:

Oh no! I managed to weld a black like that once (BILs tractor)...I was lucky. Why not just run antifreeze?
05-30-2019, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #67345
Veteran Member

The left foot was done 2 years ago and is pretty much fully healed, and mostly better than before.

The right foot was “fixed” last November, but required a revision about 2 months ago.
To put it another way, your left foot is v1.0, and your right foot is v2.0.
Kind of like some wives or SOs, eh?
05-30-2019, 07:52 AM - 2 Likes   #67346
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I dunno....I think he was born with left and right V1.0....he now has left v2.0 and right v2.1...after the minor ECO ;-)
05-30-2019, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #67347
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yes, for sure.

It can be difficult watching morons do stoopit stuff that results in grievous injury.

For me the only consolation is that the ones who do stoopit stuff that results in their death are removed from the gene pool. I only hope that they haven't reproduced just yet.
Hi Racer
Going by the amount of these shows they seemed to have multiplied first ....unfortunately.

And Bob...they didn't learn from V 1.0 !

Good to see your foot is progressing at a more normal rate now...too

Dave
05-30-2019, 10:03 AM   #67348
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Why not just run antifreeze?
I had the radiator re-cored last fall, and ran plain water through it to clean the sludge out. I had run it, drained and refilled, and run it a few times. I meant to drain it one last time and fill with antifreeze before winter, then forgot.

Mmmmm . . . . . . . bummer.

An expensive oversight.
05-30-2019, 10:05 AM   #67349
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Pretty much.

Except these are the same feet I was originally equipped with.
05-30-2019, 10:06 AM   #67350
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Racer
Going by the amount of these shows they seemed to have multiplied first ....unfortunately.

And Bob...they didn't learn from V 1.0 !

Good to see your foot is progressing at a more normal rate now...too

Dave
Thank you!