Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
06-05-2019, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #67666
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OldPentaxFan Quote
Because we are more charitable and better people, of course.

But of course!

cheesy

06-05-2019, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #67667
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OldPentaxFan Quote
They don't eat enough bacon in there to be worthy of a valid opinion.
Touche.
06-05-2019, 02:18 PM - 2 Likes   #67668
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I wouldn't let my ice cream get anywhere close to a fire.

I want it frozen.

Ice cold.

Cold is what ice cream is supposed to be.
Have you ever had fried ice cream? You crush up some Cornflakes or Wheaties or whatever and roll a ball of ice cream in them. Then you drop it into a deep fryer for a few seconds. BAM! Fried ice cream. Cold on the inside with a crunchy outside.

And Racer, this is for you. Went to Letchworth State Park in western NY today. An elderly gentleman and his lady were driving around in this neat little thing.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
06-05-2019, 02:59 PM - 2 Likes   #67669
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Dave, do not overlook the "where he says he lives" part.
Tim's an ex NASA guy, so he knows how you "Aussie" guys operate.
Hi Bob

Tims from the same state of confussion as I.

Dave

06-05-2019, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #67670
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Have you ever had fried ice cream? You crush up some Cornflakes or Wheaties or whatever and roll a ball of ice cream in them. Then you drop it into a deep fryer for a few seconds. BAM! Fried ice cream. Cold on the inside with a crunchy outside.

And Racer, this is for you. Went to Letchworth State Park in western NY today. An elderly gentleman and his lady were driving around in this neat little thing.
Hi George

By george you not calling Racer elderly are you ?..
But the vehicle looks good

Dave
06-05-2019, 03:14 PM - 3 Likes   #67671
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi George

By george you not calling Racer elderly are you ?..
But the vehicle looks good

Dave
It wasn't Racer. The gentleman had no cane and normal footwear on.
06-05-2019, 04:05 PM - 2 Likes   #67672
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

It wasn't Racer. The gentleman had no cane and normal footwear on.
I’m still using crutches.

cheesy

I see the doctor tomorrow after work. I hope he tells me I can loose the boot, and start physical therapy. I only have about six weeks of light duty left and then I need to be able to do my regular job again.

It’s been nice sitting at a desk, processing and filling tool transfers, sorting tools and stocking them in the tool crib I’m in, but I would rather be on the shop floor, building airplanes.

06-05-2019, 04:20 PM - 2 Likes   #67673
Veteran Member

It’s been nice sitting at a desk, processing and filling tool transfers, sorting tools and stocking them in the tool crib I’m in, but I would rather be on the shop floor, building airplanes.
Real work makes the working day go by faster than make busy work.
Here's to hoping you lose the boot.
I think Brooke needs these boots, in her old age she has troubles getting up from hard floors, her preferred napping places.
Not sure she would like them though.

06-05-2019, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #67674
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

cheesy

I see the doctor tomorrow after work. I hope he tells me I can loose the boot, and start physical therapy. I only have about six weeks of light duty left and then I need to be able to do my regular job again.

Gotta add to this.

The crib I'm working in is in the same building as the shop I work in. It is located on the mezzanine about 30 feet above the shop floor, and affords a panoramic view of the shop, from where the raw materials come in at one end, to the doors at the opposite end where the completed spars are loaded onto a tool that is used to move them into the factory to be assembled into wings. Remember, this building isn't the main factory building (The World's Largest), but one of the smaller buildings on the factory campus. This building covers an area of about 5 acres.

Still pretty big.

And my daily routine has me zipping back and forth on the mezzanine on that mobility scooter, and I see the activity of the entire shop. Including my bar.

I watch the guy that is filling in sometimes, as well as watch the rest of my crew, and the other crews that work in the shop, and the crane moves (we don't have a dedicated crane crew like in the factory, and each crew does all their own crane moves). It is neat to watch it all happen, but I truly enjoy being there, running my drills and assembling my little part of the airplane.
06-05-2019, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #67675
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tony Who?
$$$ony.
06-05-2019, 04:32 PM   #67676
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I had it once, when I was driving Monstro.

Every once in a while I would treat myself to dinner at a decent restaurant if I could find one where I could park the truck and trailer. This particular time was in Missouri, about a hundred miles West of where Bob lives along I-70. I stopped in at a Mexican place, and had a very good meal, and they tossed in desert gratis, so I tried the fried ice cream.

The first bite was pretty nice, crunchy on the outside, frozen vanilla ice cream inside.

All the bites after that that had the corn flakes sucked. The corn flakes got soggy from the melting ice cream, and tough, like a really bad steak is tough. So I cracked it open and ate what ice cream wasn't melted, paid my bill and hit the road.

Next time I'll take the flan.

Awesome!

Did you get a shot from the back side?
06-05-2019, 04:36 PM - 1 Like   #67677
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

:cheesy:

Filing tool?

06-05-2019, 04:37 PM   #67678
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had it once, when I was driving Monstro.

Every once in a while I would treat myself to dinner at a decent restaurant if I could find one where I could park the truck and trailer. This particular time was in Missouri, about a hundred miles West of where Bob lives along I-70. I stopped in at a Mexican place, and had a very good meal, and they tossed in desert gratis, so I tried the fried ice cream.

The first bite was pretty nice, crunchy on the outside, frozen vanilla ice cream inside.

All the bites after that that had the corn flakes sucked. The corn flakes got soggy from the melting ice cream, and tough, like a really bad steak is tough. So I cracked it open and ate what ice cream wasn't melted, paid my bill and hit the road.

Next time I'll take the flan.

Awesome!

Did you get a shot from the back side?
Sorry, no other shots of the vehicle. Just a grab shot before starting home. I should have gotten more photos.
06-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #67679
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, no other shots of the vehicle. Just a grab shot before starting home. I should have gotten more photos.
Yes, you should have. I am interested to see how he treated the back half of the thing.

Next time . . . . .
06-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #67680
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Filing tool?
Huh?