Only single axle pantecs not semi's like you

Dave

07-04-2019, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #68687
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Too much money...not enough brains
Ain't that the truth?

Having said that... Some of the reports suggest that the owner's friend was driving. If that's the case, I'd still question the brains of the owner for letting his buddy driving his newly-painted pride and joy in such a manner... If I owned that Chevelle, it wouldn't be anyone other than me driving it...
07-04-2019, 02:00 PM - 2 Likes   #68688
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Opening up the kitchen into the living room?
Yeah, island in the kitchen open to the dining room and living room. Gas stove in the island.
07-04-2019, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #68689
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Nice, but I wanted to see sledge hammer action like on HGTV.
On my wife's phone

07-04-2019, 02:02 PM - 3 Likes   #68690
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Of course... but your roads are half a mile wide Ours our narrow. Drive a left-hand-drive (i.e. steering wheel on the wrong side) car over here, and this is what happens:

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2019/07/03/1155946572084496832/63...2084496832.mp4
That happens everywhere some moron gets into a car with more power than they can handle. Doesn't matter which side of the car the steering wheel is on, or how wide the roads are.

Such a shame he ruined that Chevelle too.

Moron.

And they are everywhere.

In this next one is an idiot with a Corvette, who destroys the clutch, rather than smoke the tyres. (may not be suitable for all viewers, and is NSFW for language)

07-04-2019, 02:07 PM - 4 Likes   #68691
Veteran Member

Are you a truck driver Dave?
My guess is he remotely is.

07-04-2019, 03:30 PM - 2 Likes   #68692
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Of course... but your roads are half a mile wide Ours our narrow. Drive a left-hand-drive (i.e. steering wheel on the wrong side) car over here, and this is what happens:

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2019/07/03/1155946572084496832/63...2084496832.mp4
I've seen an idiot do that very same thing at a car meet. Happens all to often. Once they lose traction, they have limited control over the vehicle and then it's all over rover.

I asked the bloke: "Why did you do that?" His reply: "I thought I could control it." Yeah right.

07-04-2019, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #68693
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That happens everywhere some moron gets into a car with more power than they can handle. Doesn't matter which side of the car the steering wheel is on, or how wide the roads are.

Such a shame he ruined that Chevelle too.

Moron.

And they are everywhere.

Show Off Fails #1 - When you have too much power under the hood - YouTube

EPIC MUSTANG FAILS COMPILATION - YouTube

In this next one is an idiot with a Corvette, who destroys the clutch, rather than smoke the tyres. (may not be suitable for all viewers, and is NSFW for language)

Luxury car crashes. Idiot drivers can't handle their cars! - YouTube
More "clever" people pretending the road is a racetrack.
07-04-2019, 03:38 PM - 3 Likes   #68694
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I've seen an idiot do that very same thing at a car meet. Happens all to often. Once they lose traction, they have limited control over the vehicle and then it's all over rover.

I asked the bloke: "Why did you do that?" His reply: "I thought I could control it." Yeah right.
I wish I could say I'd never made a fool of myself... but I have. Many years ago, I had a 1988 (or might have been '89) Porsche 944 Lux... I bought it when it was a year old. Actually, not all that powerful a car by modern standards, but quite lightweight and relatively quick for the time. Anyway, I was taking an exit off the M25 motorway that surrounds London, and that exit increasingly tightens (almost like a French curve). I was going too quickly (I was, I think, 20 at the time - a stupid boy, and that's all) and staying on the power as the curve tightened... then the back end broke loose and I ended up facing the wrong way, looking up at oncoming traffic coming down the exit, heart beating like a jack-hammer

I learned from it, of course...
07-04-2019, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #68695
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wish I could say I'd never made a fool of myself... but I have. Many years ago, I had a 1988 (or might have been '89) Porsche 944 Lux... I bought it when it was a year old. Actually, not all that powerful a car by modern standards, but quite lightweight and relatively quick for the time. Anyway, I was taking an exit off the M25 motorway that surrounds London, and that exit increasingly tightens (almost like a French curve). I was going too quickly (I was, I think, 20 at the time - a stupid boy, and that's all) and staying on the power as the curve tightened... then the back end broke loose and I ended up facing the wrong way, looking up at oncoming traffic coming down the exit, heart beating like a jack-hammer

I learned from it, of course...
It's all fun and games until you hit a wall.
07-04-2019, 04:09 PM - 1 Like   #68696
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

It's all fun and games until you hit a wall.
It was fun until I lost control... I didn't need to hit anything - and, luckily, I didn't (I say "luckily", as it most certainly wasn't down to any skill I thought I might possess ). I can't claim to have been 100% sensible in all the time since, but I've certainly been more careful, and more mindful of my limitations...
07-04-2019, 04:41 PM - 2 Likes   #68697
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It was fun until I lost control... I didn't need to hit anything - and, luckily, I didn't (I say "luckily", as it most certainly wasn't down to any skill I thought I might possess ). I can't claim to have been 100% sensible in all the time since, but I've certainly been more careful, and more mindful of my limitations...
I've had my fair share of stupid motoring decisions. (But you never know - the insurance company may be stalking me on Pentax Forums - so my lips are sealed.)
07-04-2019, 04:50 PM - 2 Likes   #68698
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I've had my fair share of stupid motoring decisions. (But you never know - the insurance company may be stalking me on Pentax Forums - so my lips are sealed.)
Ha ha

As a very young man, I was stopped by the police whilst in my (then four-year-old) '82 Ford Capri... But the car was more-or-less stationary... I wasn't even in the driver's seat, and my girlfriend, Gillian, was with me Ah, those teenage years
07-04-2019, 04:56 PM - 2 Likes   #68699
Veteran Member

I can't claim to have been 100% sensible in all the time since, but I've certainly been more careful, and more mindful of my limitations...
It gets worse, or maybe smarter, as we age.
I hold on tight to the handrail when ascending or descending stairs nowadays.
07-04-2019, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #68700
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
It gets worse, or maybe smarter, as we age.
I hold on tight to the handrail when ascending or descending stairs nowadays.
LOL

My right knee gave out yesterday, Bob... I have a nasty feeling that the cartilage is messed up. Can't put any weight on it when it's bent. Right now, I'm having to go up stairs one at a time, with my right leg fully extended. Handrail's a necessity. Haven't tried driving, yet... I'm hoping since there's little or no load on the knee, I'll be OK with it

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-04-2019 at 05:35 PM.