Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2019, 07:31 PM - 2 Likes   #68716
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Just watch out for the shift lever, eh?
Possible standby for when things get slack?

07-04-2019, 09:58 PM - 5 Likes   #68717
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Good Afternoon All

Well....
Mikes got a banged up knee and Racer can walk again
Car gymnastics and Otis ( Mark ) rides again
Idiots in/with cars
And Charlies house has an internal island ( must be a 4X4 track ) and a gas/petrol supply in the middle ( how lucky is that )
BACON

Dave
07-05-2019, 02:20 AM - 1 Like   #68718
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Possible standby for when things get slack?
Never been a problem for me.

devilish
07-05-2019, 04:31 AM - 3 Likes   #68719
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
There was not that much space in a Ford Capri back seat!
1981 Toyota Pickup truck passenger seat....I can't even imagine that any more

07-05-2019, 04:34 AM - 3 Likes   #68720
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, a Datsun Z doesn't have a back seat.

But there is still room enough with the seats moved fully back, and laid back as much as they will go . . . . . . .

Just watch out for the shift lever, eh?

:devilish:
Not my picture but you get the idea

07-05-2019, 04:36 AM - 2 Likes   #68721
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Well another birthday for America is over.

Since I had to work today I retired at my usual weekday time yesterday, 6PM. The cacophony of my fellow Americans woke me sometime around 9:30PM, and kept me from my needed slumber until nearly the time I usually get up to prepare for another workday, 1:30AM.

Don't these people work?

Sheesh!

Mrs. Racer 2.0 and I will be celebrating this evening, provided I have the energy to load my custom mortar tubes and wire the fuses for ignition.

07-05-2019, 04:39 AM - 2 Likes   #68722
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good morning all. Late night by the time the niece and nephew finally arrived (flight from Newark delayed 3 hours); never been to the airport at 1:30am. Everyone is sleeping soundly but I hear my coffee crying out to me. Later gaters. And Dave, you do have a unique outlook...love it

07-05-2019, 04:42 AM - 3 Likes   #68723
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Not my picture but you get the idea
My 1975 Toyota SR5 Longbed had bucket seats.

With a console.

Cozy and comfortable for long trips.

But for anything else?

Well it had a canopy, and the bed was carpeted.

'Nuff said, eh?

devilish

Oh, and my Toyota:

07-05-2019, 04:53 AM   #68724
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yikes...

MTB crash
07-05-2019, 04:57 AM - 1 Like   #68725
Pentaxian

Apologies Tim, I didn’t mean to offend.

The history of modern Australia is taught here as beginning with England forming a penal colony there, as an alternative to prison in Britain. So I suppose your ancestors did have a choice.

Had it been me, I would have chosen the large island in the South Pacific over a dungeon too.

The first settles arrived in mid summer 1788, in Sydney, and chose to settle in the area that is home to the funnel web spider. The greater metropolitan area of Sydney almost exactly matches the native habitat of that dangerous spider. Those settlers were either sent to build a new government sponsored resort by judges in courts or were sent to govern or guard them, and there were a few others. Many Australians take pride if they can trace ancestry back to that lot, especially those shipped by order of a court.

Each of the other states began as a separate colony, settled with its own history. South Australia was proclaimed on 28/December/1836 at Glenelg, a seaside suburb just south of the airport. They commemorate the proclamation at a ceremony each year on Proclamation Day, beside an old gum tree, under a roof, which is now filled with concrete to hold it in place following much rotting of the wood. That is the site at which the original proclamation is said to have happened. 28/12 used to be a holiday, but that was shifted to 26/12 to have a nationally consistent set of public holidays. 26/12 is Boxing Day.
07-05-2019, 05:00 AM   #68726
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Yikes...

MTB crash
Crazy.

One instance where I would advocate for wearing a helmet, other protective gear, while riding a bicycle.
07-05-2019, 05:05 AM   #68727
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Yummy!!

Pork ribs by the look, in black bean sauce.
07-05-2019, 05:15 AM   #68728
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I wish I could say I'd never made a fool of myself... but I have. Many years ago, I had a 1988 (or might have been '89) Porsche 944 Lux... I bought it when it was a year old. Actually, not all that powerful a car by modern standards, but quite lightweight and relatively quick for the time. Anyway, I was taking an exit off the M25 motorway that surrounds London, and that exit increasingly tightens (almost like a French curve). I was going too quickly (I was, I think, 20 at the time - a stupid boy, and that's all) and staying on the power as the curve tightened... then the back end broke loose and I ended up facing the wrong way, looking up at oncoming traffic coming down the exit, heart beating like a jack-hammer

I learned from it, of course...

Many years ago I was driving a work car on a gravel road in the mallee, south of Loxton. Came up to a 90 degree bend, slowed down enough, except I did not see the gravel at the apex was like golf balls. The 6 cylinder Commodore with the survey kit in the back slide around, made some dust, and my heart pump harder and then I kept going. I was always facing near to the right direction, but did lose traction.
07-05-2019, 05:37 AM - 2 Likes   #68729
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Many years ago I was driving a work car on a gravel road in the mallee, south of Loxton. Came up to a 90 degree bend, slowed down enough, except I did not see the gravel at the apex was like golf balls. The 6 cylinder Commodore with the survey kit in the back slide around, made some dust, and my heart pump harder and then I kept going. I was always facing near to the right direction, but did lose traction.
Some drivers do it all the time Tim.

07-05-2019, 05:53 AM - 2 Likes   #68730
Veteran Member

My butt's going on the smoker in 30 minutes for several hours, until pullable.
Good bbq is not a timed thing, it's a when it's done thing.