Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #6886
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,450
Mardi Gras? A teeny, tiny little party started in Mobile before New Orleans decided they wanted to join in on the fun.

Truth be told though, our French founders brought Mardi Gras with them. But the masked, mystic societies with parades & throws started here.


Last edited by dansamy; 02-28-2014 at 08:08 AM.
02-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #6887
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,222
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
No doubt while sitting in the same room.
I have watched my son and daughter-in-law texting each other wihile sitting together on the couch. They claimed they wanted to keep the conversation private.

He proposed during desert after a dinner we hosted for her and her family, so all 4 adults and all 4 sib's witnsessed The Ask and The Ring Kneelie and The Assent. I was the only one who knew what would happen.

Within minutes 10 phones were constantly buzzing and beeping with FB, Twitter, email and text Alerts. Then Instagrams. Then they were all ringing.

It was hilarious!!.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-28-2014 at 08:14 AM.
02-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #6888
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,222
QuoteOriginally posted by Jaje67 Quote
When opened this post I expected to see some comparison between the K3 and the OP's curent camera. some insight into ergonomics or, intelligent use of their set up that would mean no need for the advances of the K3 not this nonsense.
Buy yourself a Canon and be done with it
Someone should write, "Ah, get a Life." But I won't do that.
02-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #6889
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,474
QuoteOriginally posted by Jaje67 Quote
When opened this post I expected to see some comparison between the K3 and the OP's curent camera. some insight into ergonomics or, intelligent use of their set up that would mean no need for the advances of the K3 not this nonsense.
Buy yourself a Canon and be done with it
Oh, no ... oh, no ... not an OP.2 ...

And what the heck does buying a Canon have to do with anything ?!

02-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #6890
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,415
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Mardi Gras? A teeny, tiny little party started in Mobile before New Orleans decided they wanted to join in on the fun.

Truth be told though, our French founders brought Mardi Gras with them. But the masked, mystic societies with parades & throws started here.
So Mardi Gras is a 'Bama thing?


And a "season" for fried moon pies?

Well! The wonders of Pentax Forums have given me an education in the customs and ways of the delightful Southern Charms!



QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Within minutes 10 phones were constantly buzzing and beeping with FB, Twitter, email and text Alerts. Then Instagrams. Then they were all ringing.

A "Smart Phone Serenade"!
02-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #6891
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,450
Yes. Moon pies are a traditional parade throw at Mardi Gras parades in Mobile. New Orleans doesn't seem to throw any edibles really.
02-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #6892
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,415
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
New Orleans doesn't seem to throw any edibles really.
Maybe they should toss those candy necklaces.
02-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #6893
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,374
Mardi Gras. Boobies. I <3 boobies.

02-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #6894
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,450
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Mardi Gras. Boobies. I <3 boobies.
Therefore you <3 Mardi Gras!
02-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #6895
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,222
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Mardi Gras. Boobies. I <3 boobies.
You'd drive all that way, sleep in your car, drink overpriced, sugary rum drinks, endure violent egestion, lose half (or more) of your stuff, get mugged, get diseases, get tattooed, wake up somewhere you didn't know you went to sleep, not remember getting tattooed - and that's just the first night - all to catch a peek of some saggy

I thought your UID was VoiceofReason.
02-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #6896
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,415
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Mardi Gras. Boobies. I <3 boobies.


Can you say that here?

How does the hociR master feel about this?
02-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #6897
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,374
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Therefore you <3 Mardi Gras!
I've been. Too many people for me. Spring Break at Lake Havasu City AZ is better.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You'd drive all that way, sleep in your car, drink overpriced, sugary rum drinks, endure violent egestion, lose half (or more) of your stuff, get mugged, get diseases, get tattooed, wake up somewhere you didn't know you went to sleep, not remember getting tattooed - and that's just the first night - all to catch a peek of some saggy

I thought your UID was VoiceofReason.
I avoided that when I went there, but then again when I was 20 or so I had a lack of common sense.

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

Can you say that here?

How does the hociR master feel about this?
THEY WILL NEVER BE MY MASTER! Or my corporate overlord, or my....
02-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #6898
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,450
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I've been. Too many people for me. Spring Break at Lake Havasu City AZ is better.


I avoided that when I went there, but then again when I was 20 or so I had a lack of common sense.


THEY WILL NEVER BE MY MASTER! Or my corporate overlord, or my....
New Orleans is very crowded. Mobile, not so much. Of course, you won't see nearly as many "booKs" as you would in New Orleans either.
02-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #6899
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manteca, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,653
QuoteOriginally posted by Jaje67 Quote
When opened this post I expected to see some comparison between the K3 and the OP's curent camera. some insight into ergonomics or, intelligent use of their set up that would mean no need for the advances of the K3 not this nonsense.
Buy yourself a Canon and be done with it
You came to the wrong place for that bucko!

Now we just make fun of hociR and various other things. Your on topic post didnt even break our stride broke


02-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #6900
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,374
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
New Orleans is very crowded. Mobile, not so much. Of course, you won't see nearly as many "booKs" as you would in New Orleans either.
I may be in Mobile for an anime con!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top