Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108806 Likes Search this Thread
08-18-2019, 02:32 PM - 3 Likes   #69766
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I was attacked by snakes six or seven years ago... they negotiated my wife's portion of our divorce settlement...
Those are far more deadly than timber rattlers!

08-18-2019, 02:38 PM - 3 Likes   #69767
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was attacked by snakes six or seven years ago... they negotiated my wife's portion of our divorce settlement...
I avoided the snakes about 25 years back when I divorced Mrs. Racer 1.0. I got the documents at the stationery store, filled them out, had her sign them, got a notary to stamp them, then trotted down the courthouse and filed, along with a small filing fee. A short hearing with a judge, another a month later (they want you to have time to think it over I guess), and then it was done, just like it never happened.

Easy squeezy, no pain, no stain.
08-18-2019, 02:45 PM - 2 Likes   #69768
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Those are far more deadly than timber rattlers!
Reptilian humanoids are walking this earth, but it's nothing to do with new world order conspiracy theories. They're lawyers... some of 'em are bankers, politicians, whatever... but lawyers are the most venomous. Carry a big stick, that's my advice (that's just about legal carry here in the UK... you good folks in the US can substitute any manner of personal protection items)
08-18-2019, 02:53 PM - 3 Likes   #69769
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I avoided the snakes about 25 years back when I divorced Mrs. Racer 1.0. I got the documents at the stationery store, filled them out, had her sign them, got a notary to stamp them, then trotted down the courthouse and filed, along with a small filing fee. A short hearing with a judge, another a month later (they want you to have time to think it over I guess), and then it was done, just like it never happened.

Easy squeezy, no pain, no stain.
My wife and I still got on more-or-less OK during our divorce (we still do now, in fact). I didn't even engage a lawyer, but she did (she's a lawyer herself, so... it figures). But when hers started sending me aggressive letters and coming on strong with settlement negotiations, I called her and told her they should back right off immediately, otherwise our original verbal agreement was toast, and I'd be appointing representation presently. Things got back on track shortly afterwards, as well they should... Our agreement was very much in her favour (she knew that, and so did her lawyers, it seems), and I was fine with that from the get-go... Anyway, all done and dusted. History

08-18-2019, 02:57 PM - 3 Likes   #69770
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Reptilian humanoids are walking this earth, but it's nothing to do with new world order conspiracy theories. They're lawyers... some of 'em are bankers, politicians, whatever... but lawyers are the most venomous. Carry a big stick, that's my advice (that's just about legal carry here in the UK... you good folks in the US can substitute any manner of personal protection items)
Whacking Day!

08-18-2019, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #69771
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Dave - are you storing (... "hiding") alcoholic drinks in your laundry, en-suite and main bathrooms? I think we should talk...
Hi Mike

Doesn't everyone ?
The bottom shelf in these wet rooms are my ' cellar '

Dave
08-18-2019, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #69772
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
We bought our house in 1992 and the former owner built a wet bar in the basement.
There's a small sink and faucet under the counter, but I've never used it.
The pith helmet on the antlers was my dad's fishing hat. The timber rattler skin is from the one ready to strike me, back in my surveying days.
The mounted wood duck was from my late father-in-law. Outboard motor to go with my outdoor theme.
I had a serious Coleman lantern collecting problem at on time, I'm cured now.

Hi Bob

I think you just changed to Webers after Coleman...

Dave

08-18-2019, 03:26 PM - 2 Likes   #69773
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Bob

I think you just changed to Webers after Coleman...

Dave
Nope, can't remember the last time I bought a Weber, but I've sold a few.
Now days i only collect wrinkles and liver spots on my arms.
08-18-2019, 04:06 PM - 2 Likes   #69774
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Whacking Day!
LOL One of my favourite Simpsons episodes, and especially that scene. My all-time favourite is Homer's discovery of a free trampoline in the small ads...

08-18-2019, 04:13 PM - 2 Likes   #69775
Veteran Member

Each time a friend burp, I say “Number 8”. I’ve been doing this for years loll

08-18-2019, 04:23 PM - 3 Likes   #69776
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Nope, can't remember the last time I bought a Weber, but I've sold a few.
Now days i only collect wrinkles and liver spots on my arms.
If it's not being too intrusive, Bob, may I ask what's changed regarding your collecting?

I'm a handful of years younger than you, as I recall, but I'm reaching a similar position - though I can't say whether-or-not it's for the same reasons. I used to collect all sorts of stuff... guitars, ham radio gear, watches, pocket knives - and, of course, cameras and lenses. But in very recent years I've found myself overwhelmed by "stuff". I'm at the point where I'd like to start getting rid of things I'm just not going to use... although, in some cases - certain watches, guitars etc. - they seem to be appreciating faster than inflation, so I'm in no rush. But otherwise, my desire for collecting has gone, except for my Soviet lens collection... but even then, I've lost some of my passion for hunting out the last few rarities
08-18-2019, 04:46 PM - 3 Likes   #69777
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll just leave this here Mike!

08-18-2019, 04:58 PM - 2 Likes   #69778
Veteran Member

If it's not being too intrusive, Bob, may I ask what's changed regarding your collecting?

I'm a handful of years younger than you, as I recall, but I'm reaching a similar position - though I can't say whether-or-not it's for the same reasons. I used to collect all sorts of stuff... guitars, ham radio gear, watches, pocket knives - and, of course, cameras and lenses. But in very recent years I've found myself overwhelmed by "stuff". I'm at the point where I'd like to start getting rid of things I'm just not going to use... although, in some cases - certain watches, guitars etc. - they seem to be appreciating faster than inflation, so I'm in no rush. But otherwise, my desire for collecting has gone, except for my Soviet lens collection... but even then, I've lost some of my passion for hunting out the last few rarities
Good question, Mike, and not at all intrusive.
The short answer is, it happened on its own a few years ago.
For one thing, at age 72, I know my journey through life is getting closer to its destination and it bugs me that all my stuff will become my kids stuff to have to get rid of. Most things that I've collected no longer have the appeal they once did.
Mrs Bob, on the other hand, seems to have a personal attachment to everything she owns.
I'm ready to purge, purge, purge, and she's fine with that, as long as it's my stuff.
08-19-2019, 05:09 AM - 3 Likes   #69779
Veteran Member

Baby (loin) back ribs going on the barbie for dinner. No boiling or steaming will be involved.
Baby backs done in under 2 hours using high heat, and indirect grilling. Cook 1 hour, wrap in foil and cook 30 minutes, out of the foil for a few, then sauced for a few more. Why boil?
Speaking of Parallax, wonder if the got that Big Green Egg?

08-19-2019, 05:15 AM   #69780
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Coming soon to a store near you.
I'm thinking about serving several cans of this instead of turkey for Thanksgiving.
Maybe one can per person?
*shiver*, I have a huge aversion to pumpkin spice. When I first moved in with my wife (GF at that point), she had PS dispensers on every floor. Just image, a WMD on every floor! I finally begged her to turf them; the smell was making me physically ill.