Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
08-25-2019, 07:44 AM - 2 Likes   #69931
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by climbmountainway Quote
Why I won't buy a[nother] K-3? The release of the Canon D90 puts a gathering dark cloud over the next gen advanced aps-c DSLR said to be coming from Pentax-Richo after the K-3 II. Rumors on the Pentax under development point to the incorporation of the new Sony aps-c 26 MP sensor in the upcoming camera body design. The new Canon offers a 32 plus MP replacement for their aps-c 24MP D80 sensor (which I understand precludes a Canon 83MP full frame sensor). And, with other upgraded video features as well. Will this smoke the new Pentax advanced aps-c market share (in an ever shrinking market) even before it is released? How can this be fought? Well...

I have a Pentax original K-3, and still appreciate its use. I cannot see a 2MP increase as significant, no matter how luminance and chrominance, or focus or other hardwear features adjust. With new full frame marketplace entries now having 60 to 100 MP body entries, what will Pentax do now that is relevant for their aps-c followers crowd? ? ? Will they both upgrade sensor MP count and go radical with a touch to focus screen, a flex screen with true video contrast focus, screen movement, and more features, and -- to deter losing masses of enthusiast purchashers to Samsung in phone cameras, soon to have 100MP, or to Canon? It is by a Pentax Bushido Rescue PLAN!!!

Open their new camera body's internal OS to third party camera software developers to stimulate out of house innovative software apps for use and interface with the new body: for a different kind of renewed competition perk to change the hardware driven market share by offering to other parties the Pentax system gateway to jump ahead of the competition, on to android-like open source software skies apps dedicated purposes andsynthesis? [Such a move could change available interface remotes, ability to quickly post shots on line, and move to wifi apps Pentax hardware engineers can only dream of....kudos to Northrup Photography for the notion]. Imagine downloading features as needed by adaptative easily installed apps software which embraces 3rd party add ons interactive software to OS and too with products for camera body OS interface for selective purchasable or free user choice. Move over, Canikon!

How to create marketing without a marketing network, arise Pentax, out of the hardwear junkyard ashes!
Pentax has a much better than Canon aps-c range of lenses and older K mount lenses which new body OS gateway add on software outside of Corporation 3rd party licensed or open source developers could address to Pentax advantage. And, their software add ons could offer recognition for nonPentax originated hardware add ons within the body as designed by adding to new bodies 3rd party or 3rd party add on OS features software. Much like adroid apps continue innovations of software and related hardware uses. Integrating other developers Pentax bodies OS gateway to body apps and hardware add ons can magnify the core Pentax hardware system uses and sales! Such a way embraces third party entrepeneurship start ups world wide! Call it the Pentax local, thinking Global, Sales Plan.

Pentax again thus emerges to the forefront of innovations and possibilities -- with other companies doing the R and D! And offering stuff Pentax engineers never thought of, using new Pentax bodies and existing and alteted or add on OS addressed 3rd party lenses, support systems, lighting, video add ons, etc. . It would be like when Reagan offered Gorbachev the Star Wars space weaponry sharing idea that brought down the iron curtain. "Mr Gorbachev, tear down that wall". Time to tear down the Canikon wall, with a new competition way, 3rd party add on software and/or to be so coupled other manufacturer hardware! Keep licensing fees minimsl and engineering specs approvable to gather momentum for this Plan. It become the Pentax globalizing by local entrepeneurship photographic innovation challenge.

They botched the first Pentax K mirrorless, and with the K mount flange distance, it is no wonder.
Risk release of the new DSLR body's OS to open source access or licensed third party software development and change the nature of Pentax-Richo Corporate future DSLR hardware competition. Camera releases sales relay races feature sets: through body open software OS sourcing software expansions, in an era when DSLR hardware sales futures seem bleak could save Pentax for Richo. Arise Pentax Phoenix from the hard hearted camera wars ashes.

A third party software competition for autofocus features developments, flash and third party lighting system uses, for picture transfers, and add on features, with photography menus developed or added on OS offered for photo typology users protocols, with in body programming for non Pentax add ons through third party software OS in body establishments for the new Pentax bodies....Birth new innovative life for all the Pentax based camera business with THIS NEW CORPORATE PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETlTION EXPANDING BUSINESS MODEL. A marketing network will come to Pentax by its created new open sourced competitive business model, opening to worldwide OS gateway apps and contributing hardware developers.

This is why I won't buy a K-3, I want a K-G Wiz new way camera body operating how Android phone screens Android OS apps do photography as a means and method of visual communications coming with a new Pentax aps-c DSLR and Corporate Vision.
I think you should have posted this in the Doom And Gloom section.

Oh, and you misspelled Ricoh.

08-25-2019, 08:02 AM - 2 Likes   #69932
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I did see it, but had no idea how to start a new post on rescuing Pentax with a new business Model.
There are plenty of tutorials that should help you become fluent in Internet forum usage.

Plz copy and paste as a new fresh topic thread for all of us to offer a hope and a Plan for Pentax survival for our continued enthusiasm.
Copy and paste it yourself.

I am too busy having my morning coffee.

I did, and did not know how to start a new thread.
Wait.

What?

You either do know or you don’t know.

You don’t get both.

It seems vital to Pentax Corporate and futures survival to pass this on to Pentax management.

We elect you as our humble ambassador to go to the corporate goons and pass along our needs and desires.

Don’t forget to stress the importance of bacon.

And Godzilla.

Could you copy it and repost it under a new thread?
How about you copy and paste it?

I’m busy with more important stuff like a Sunday morning cup of coffee.

Oh, and not only will I not buy a K3, I have a bunch of photographs to process from the Cobra Motors 41st annual barbecue and car show yesterday, shot with my awesome K-1.
08-25-2019, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #69933
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I have a bunch of photographs to process from the Cobra Motors 41st annual barbecue and car show yesterday, shot with my awesome K-1.
I have a few bird shots I need to download from my awesome KP.
No desire or need for a k3, or it's replacement, if livE hociR ever decides to make one.
08-25-2019, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #69934
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I have a few bird shots I need to download from my awesome KP.
No desire or need for a k3, or it's replacement, if livE hociR ever decides to make one.
You have shared some very nice cardinal shots from the KP before, haven't you Bob?

And we can't leave out the bacon and other culinary treats you produce.

Give us more.

Please.

08-25-2019, 08:42 AM - 4 Likes   #69935
Veteran Member

You have shared some very nice cardinal shots from the KP before, haven't you Bob?
Thank you Mr Racer!
No cardinals, but how about a SOOC jpeg of a mourning dove fresh off the SD card?
edit, not sure why flickr isn't showing this:
PENTAX KP
ƒ/5.6
1/3000
420mm
ISO 800

Last edited by robtcorl; 08-25-2019 at 08:48 AM.
08-25-2019, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #69936
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Mr Racer!
No cardinals, but how about a SOOC jpeg of a mourning dove fresh off the SD card?

Awesome Bob.

Proof yet again we don't need a K3.
08-25-2019, 08:46 AM - 3 Likes   #69937
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

There are plenty of tutorials that should help you become fluent in Internet forum usage.

Copy and paste it yourself.

I am too busy having my morning coffee.

Wait.

What?

You either do know or you don’t know.

You don’t get both.

We elect you as our humble ambassador to go to the corporate goons and pass along our needs and desires.

Don’t forget to stress the importance of bacon.

And Godzilla.

How about you copy and paste it?

I’m busy with more important stuff like a Sunday morning cup of coffee.

Oh, and not only will I not buy a K3, I have a bunch of photographs to process from the Cobra Motors 41st annual barbecue and car show yesterday, shot with my awesome K-1.
Man, you are cranky today

08-25-2019, 08:47 AM - 2 Likes   #69938
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Must of had a fly in his coffee.
08-25-2019, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #69939
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I was being nice.

Those were all innocent observations and helpful suggestions.

All good reasons to not buy a K3.
08-25-2019, 10:24 AM - 1 Like   #69940
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Must of had a fly in his coffee.
Well I was having my first cup of the morning.

But it wasn't a fly that was in my coffee.
08-25-2019, 10:30 AM - 2 Likes   #69941
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Gotta place the image processing on hold, time to get a shower and make ready to go to the movies with Mrs. Racer 2.0. Her treat, for my upcoming birthday. It is next Thursday, but I ain't got time for frivolous leisure activities during the week, with all those 10, and 12 hour days at the Big Shed.

I'll be 21 again.

But with 42 years of experience.

The movie?

An adaptation from the book The Art Of Racing In The Rain, by a fellow road racer, Garth Stein. It isn't about racing really, although there is some racing in it. It is about a dog, and the family he is part of.

The ending made me cry.

I bet the movie will do so again.

OK, time to go.

Enough crankiness from Racer.

BFN!

cheesy
08-25-2019, 10:41 AM - 2 Likes   #69942
Veteran Member

Gotta place the image processing on hold, time to get a shower and make ready to go to the movies with Mrs. Racer 2.0. Her treat, for my upcoming birthday. It is next Thursday, but I ain't got time for frivolous leisure activities during the week, with all those 10, and 12 hour days at the Big Shed.

I'll be 21 again.

The movie?

An adaptation from the book The Art Of Racing In The Rain, by a fellow road racer, Garth Stein. It isn't about racing really, although there is some racing in it. It is about a dog, and the family he is part of.

The ending made me cry.

OK, time to go.

BFN!

:cheesy:
Happy early birthday you old fa............n of racing! Enjoy the movie!
Marley and Me misted my eyes, first the book, then the movie.
08-25-2019, 01:31 PM - 5 Likes   #69943
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Why I won't buy a[nother] K-3? ...... lotsa stuff.....This is why I won't buy a K-3,more stuff....
Hi Jay

I figured you're new, owning to your low post count, but then I see you have been lurking since 2012. You need to visit us more often mate!
Oh, and, in case you did not figure it out yet,

. If you want to talk about K-3s, it's best to create a thread specific to your discussion.

But, if you'd like to talk about bacon, the imminent destruction of Tokyo, squirrels, bacon, BBQ, BBQ'd bacon, bacon on the BBQ, or any such diverse and important topics, feel free to join us.

Kind regards,
Mark
08-25-2019, 01:35 PM - 3 Likes   #69944
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll be 21 again.

The movie?

The ending made me cry.

OK, time to go.

BFN!

Happy Birthday in advance, my friend

I never had you pegged as one for the emotional movies. So much more sensitive than I gave you credit for
08-25-2019, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #69945
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll be 21 again.

The movie?

The ending made me cry.

OK, time to go.

BFN!

Happy early birthday mate! Enjoy the movies, popcorn and all that!

That movie is coming to us in October. Sounds like one to go see. Or wait until I can see it on my own couch with my own popcorn and so on.