Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #7201
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I hate respond on-topic, but one of the reasons why I originally bought my K10D (2007) was that it performed at a par with the competition and added body seals and in-body SR. Things have changed since then (obviously), though the K-3 is a good step in the right direction.

Steve
According to pop photo the Pentax lagging behind thing is old news. In real terms it's Nikon's turn to play catch-up although the Pentax tracking still needs a bit of work.

But I'm not sure what that has to do with R2D2 or drinking a keg of beer instead of a pint.

03-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #7202
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
And going on the freshness of the remaining foam, it was consumed quickly.

Nice.
No Sir, it was sipped slowly and truly enjoyed to the last drop.
The back side of the beverage holder has some glues to the number of sips, just like the growth-rings in a tree

The problem with bar`s and restaurant`s is that they do not rinse the glass properly. Any residual soap or disinfectant will destroy the beer`s ability to maintain a good head.
How to resist hociR... add suds and see if it makes it or not.
03-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #7203

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
The back side of the beverage holder has some glues to the number of sips, just like the growth-rings in a tree
It has what?

The problem with bar`s and restaurant`s is that they do not rinse the glass properly. Any residual soap or disinfectant will destroy the beer`s ability to maintain a good head.
How to resist hociR... add suds and see if it makes it or not.
Bring your own glass.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

By the way, did someone mention bacon?

The Bacon Store
03-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #7204
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
According to pop photo the Pentax lagging behind thing is old news. In real terms it's Nikon's turn to play catch-up although the Pentax tracking still needs a bit of work.
But that would imply that Pentax could do something right, or that they aren't doomed, or aren't fatally out of touch. Crazy talk! One of the wonderful things about the internet is how the passage of time has blurred - people can blast Pentax for problems of years gone by as if those same design flaws or bad decisions are being made RIGHT NOW.

But I'm not sure what that has to do with R2D2 or drinking a keg of beer instead of a pint.
The blurred time effect might be what this has in common with drinking a keg of beer....

03-05-2014, 06:39 PM - 1 Like   #7205
Site Supporter

It has what?

Bring your own glass.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

The Bacon Store
Don`t worry about it, just trust me...
Bacon, where...
As far as bringing your own glass, not likely. Having your own House-stein, that`s an other story.
I have pissed-off plenty bartenders, telling them their soap does not go well with the beer I ordered.

Cheers.

---------- Post added 03-05-14 at 08:45 PM ----------

has some glues
Haha, as soon as i learn how to type english, iwill stop using wrong words.
03-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #7206
Site Supporter

Nothing...I lapsed into serious camera talk and for that I am penitent...

Steve

---------- Post added 03-05-14 at 05:50 PM ----------

I have pissed-off plenty bartenders, telling them their soap does not go well with the beer I ordered.
Bartenders use soap?

Steve
03-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #7207
Site Supporter

Steve

---------- Post added 03-05-14 at 05:50 PM ----------

Bartenders use soap?

Steve
In our XXXK-town...yup.(soap=detergent of some sort). Hand "wash" and recycle back to rack or straight to the bar.
03-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #7208
Pentaxian

Speaking of which... Mr. Poitiers will be happy to know that I'm making a tartiflette for dinner tomorrow night. We used to live in Grenoble, but my kids have never experienced the joy of baked reblochon and bacon (hey, it's Canada - finding true lardons is nigh impossible).

And for my one drink? Probably a kir. I think that keeps the cholesterol from sticking...

03-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #7209
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Steve
bonk
03-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #7210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
:bonk:
hugs
03-05-2014, 07:41 PM - 1 Like   #7211
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Poor on topic people wander in here with no idea what waits for them! It's like a wiener dog falling into the hyena pen at the zoo!! If they survive, they don't come back!! And if you use bad language, Amy gets em!! You and my wife would get along well. Probably too well!!
03-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #7212
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Poor on topic people wander in here with no idea what waits for them! It's like a wiener dog falling into the hyena pen at the zoo!! If they survive, they don't come back!! And if you use bad language, Amy gets em!! You and my wife would get along well. Probably too well!!
My guess is they would plot against you, which would end in your demise.

Not good.

nono
03-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #7213
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
Not good.
No?
03-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #7214
Veteran Member

When women get together and plot, they become ninja
03-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #7215
Veteran Member

Forget the beer. Never did like the stuff and I can't drink alcohol anyway these days. My gallbladder and liver are effed up because of the autoimmune thing. I can manage about 1/4 a glass of wine now sans major pain but that's about it. I had a mimosa on my birthday a few years back and ended up in the ER, from ONE. It was the stupidest thing, ever.

Today was a red letter day. I finally found a new place locally that makes stellar slices of pizza, awesome wings and really decent cheesesteaks, and all under one roof!!! Getting a really good slice of pizza is near impossible here. The only thing that's harder is finding decent Chinese food because all the Chinese places that used to be great here have really gotten pathetic since my misbegotten youth. Most of them are inedible and the sad fact is most people here they don't seem to know the difference between mediocre fast food Chinese and the real deal.

Pizza Hut, Domino's, they're king in terms of pizza. Most of the local pizza places they truly suck. Half my life off and on and today was the first time I have EVER had a divinely thin slice of pepperoni served crispy, cheese bubbling hot, served exactly the way a great "city" pizza slice should be. Guy fed me mozza sticks and a wing while I was waiting and they were perfect too. The only thing I didn't try was the cheesesteaks but I saw one being wrapped up and I will be back soon to try that as it looked wonderful. They have another place out on the beach apparently but this location is relatively new to my neighborhood. I sure hope they stick around. I can't eat pizza and that every day but it sure is nice to be able to just go in and buy a decent hot slice once in a while vs buying a whole pie.

I have so missed that, having a decent slice place and the fact that they make excellent wings and cheesesteaks too makes them just perfect. I can go there get a slice for me, some wings for Dad, and not break the bank doing it...