Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2019, 03:33 PM - 2 Likes   #74206
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

It's around this time of the year (or any other, for that matter) that I enjoy listening to Jim White's "Christmas Day"...

12-24-2019, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #74207
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Anyone that can follow or catch up on this thread should find War and Peace a total breeze...
Fair point...
12-24-2019, 03:37 PM - 6 Likes   #74208
Veteran Member

Merry Christmas to you too, and to all of the rest of the cunning wordsmiths who grace this page.

We'd planned to eat out christmas meal outside under the gazebo but with the temperature approaching thirty at nine in the morning, and a whiff of smoke in the air, we'll probably just eat inside.....
12-24-2019, 03:43 PM - 2 Likes   #74209
Veteran Member

With Mike, and everyone else, posting dinner plans I just had to think of this song. It is probably my favourite Christmas song, sharing the real meaning of sharing and kindness. I hope everyone here can keep this in mind and enjoy their Christmas dinner.

12-24-2019, 08:55 PM - 6 Likes   #74210
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Merry Christmas to all y’all out there keeping Tokyo safe.

Jim
12-25-2019, 02:07 AM - 5 Likes   #74211
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Good morning, afternoon and evening, folks

MERRY CHRISTMAS once more - I hope you're all having a lovely time

Woke up at 5am and dozed for half an hour, then came downstairs at the same time as Mum and Boo Boo. Dad surfaced about an hour later. Gifts exchanged, everyone happy, and just prepared the meat which is now in the oven...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Vivo 5R  Photo 
12-25-2019, 03:57 AM - 3 Likes   #74212
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought my days of Christmas gift assembly were over when my son had grown up... I was wrong.

Just spent the last half an hour or so putting this together for Boo Boo - using my pocket knife to cut out the bits that weren't properly pre-cut, and with the "assistance" of Chinese-English instructions ...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Vivo 5R  Photo 
12-25-2019, 05:50 AM - 5 Likes   #74213
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well Good Morning and Merry Christmas!! Spent the Christmas Eve at my brothers for our annual get together. Some of the nephews and nieces and their kids. One nephew brought his fiance to meet the mob. She stayed and had a good time so that is a good sign. Really nice girl and a good addition to the chaos. Food was Ham and whatever anyone else brought. Plus deserts. My wife brought her homemade cheesecake. Always a crowd favorite.

Today #2 son is staying with us for the week and #3 son and crew are coming over in a few hours. So plenty of chaos here this morning too. Home made Lasagna for Christmas dinner. #1 son is at home waiting for surgery to get 2 new discs in his neck. So less chaos than normal.

And to top off the holiday, just before the festivities I got my credit card bill. Seem the check sent to pay the last one got lost in the mail along with two other checks I sent at the same time. Tomorrow I have to make a few phone calls to get things straightened out. 68 years old and this has never happened to me before. Before this, the Post Office has always delivered.
12-25-2019, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #74214
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
And to top off the holiday, just before the festivities I got my credit card bill. Seem the check sent to pay the last one got lost in the mail along with two other checks I sent at the same time. Tomorrow I have to make a few phone calls to get things straightened out. 68 years old and this has never happened to me before. Before this, the Post Office has always delivered.
I stopped paying bills by written check a long time ago. As all my bills come due at or near the first of the month I spend an hour or so one day the last week each month paying them online.

Saves paper and stamps, and the bills get paid on time, no questions.

I just have to remember to do the deed.

The only check I have written recently was to pay for the propane. The company that has the best price isn’t online, and still invoices for sales. So I dusted off the checkbook, wrote a check, addressed an envelope and bought a stamp.

A few days later I get a call from the propane company.

Seems I forgot to sign the check.

Oops.
12-25-2019, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #74215
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I stopped paying bills by written check a long time ago.

The only check I have written recently was to pay for the propane.
I don't even get a cheque-book with my main account now, although I can have one if I ask for it... It's years since I've written a cheque...
12-25-2019, 06:51 AM - 1 Like   #74216
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I stopped paying bills by written check a long time ago. As all my bills come due at or near the first of the month I spend an hour or so one day the last week each month paying them online.

Oops.
After three bouts of identity theft I have become partial to paper. I have never had that hacked. Clearing this up will be a walk in the park compared to straightening out identity theft issues.
12-25-2019, 07:58 AM   #74217
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
After three bouts of identity theft I have become partial to paper. I have never had that hacked. Clearing this up will be a walk in the park compared to straightening out identity theft issues.
Bummer George.

My mom is always getting viruses on her laptop. She has Facebook.

I keep telling her getting on Facebook is where the viruses are coming from, but she won't stay away.

"It's the only way I can stay in touch!"

This from an 83 year old woman who has seen communications change from letters in the mail and telegraphs and phones you had to crank to make work and party lines to push button dialing, e-mail and smart phones.

She won't bank online either, is afraid of identity theft, and actual theft of bank balances. Probably a good thing too, considering the security risk Facebook presents to her.
12-25-2019, 07:59 AM - 6 Likes   #74218
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Merry Christmas everyone!

12-25-2019, 08:03 AM - 1 Like   #74219
Veteran Member

Good morning, afternoon and evening, folks

MERRY CHRISTMAS once more - I hope you're all having a lovely time

Woke up at 5am and dozed for half an hour, then came downstairs at the same time as Mum and Boo Boo. Dad surfaced about an hour later. Gifts exchanged, everyone happy, and just prepared the meat which is now in the oven...
Looks good, we've still got a few hours to go before sticking the turkey in the oven. Fire's lit so we need it to die down first.
12-25-2019, 08:04 AM - 1 Like   #74220
Veteran Member

using my pocket knife
Non locking blade I presume.