Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2020, 01:27 PM - 2 Likes   #75196
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Back in 2014 or so there was a discussion by some of the very well known members here, about killing this fine ongoing thread...
Just remembered that for some reason.
Well back then the importance of this tread to the safety of Tokyo was not well known. Man I hope it wasn't 6 years ago. You know you are old when time flies even if you are not having fun.

01-24-2020, 02:01 PM - 1 Like   #75197
Veteran Member

As I recall, this thread was shut down for awhile, then someone, can't remember who, resurrected it, more or less, in another thread.
The powers that be came to their senses and opened The Thread again.

or maybe I just dreamed all of that.
01-24-2020, 03:03 PM - 3 Likes   #75198
bxf
Veteran Member

It appears that my last visit here was in Feb. 2017. Have I missed anything???
01-24-2020, 04:01 PM - 3 Likes   #75199
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Only bacon, bagpipes, beer, breakfast, canada, catch 22, cheese, drink, dslr, ford, general talk, gin, guns, igunaq, k-3, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, lycra, marital relations, pentax k-3, possums, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, squirrels, toilet, and tokyo.

01-24-2020, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #75200
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

also haggis and a vegetablist diet (cured with bacon, of course)
01-24-2020, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #75201
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Only bacon, bagpipes, beer, breakfast, canada, catch 22, cheese, drink, dslr, ford, general talk, gin, guns, igunaq, k-3, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, lycra, marital relations, pentax k-3, possums, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, squirrels, toilet, and tokyo.
Oh no! How could allow myself to miss discussions about igunaq and lutefisk!?!?!?
01-24-2020, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #75202
Veteran Member

Oh no! How could allow myself to miss discussions about igunaq and lutefisk!?!?!?
Eating bacon and saving Tokyo is the main goal here, we've achieved both.
Nuff said.

01-24-2020, 09:19 PM - 2 Likes   #75203
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Eating bacon and saving Tokyo is the main goal here, we've achieved both.
Nuff said.
I’ll drink to that.

01-25-2020, 12:12 AM   #75204
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thread needs to be retired. Is there not some other thread that people can discuss what they wish to rant and rave about besides a worn out topic such as this? If not, start one and get rid of this stupid, in my opinion, thread. Honestly, I can tell you of 9 different people I know in Texas that have purchased a different camera system just because they saw this thread as a guest! AS A GUEST!!!!!! Even if it is satire. Time to move on people.... And this is only people that I have first hand knowledge of....Kill this thread and move on to the present, its 2020 now....or do you wish to keep Pentax/Ricoh [ and anyone who has invested in the Pentax system decades ago, such as myself ] hostage to a thread started by 1 person 6 years ago [ or however long ago this thread was started ] even if in jest? It is ok to critique any camera system but this thread now can be described as a nothing but a “Kardasian” gossip Facebook site....Wonderful.....
01-25-2020, 01:50 AM - 2 Likes   #75205
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have we discussed kardasians? I’m not sure. What are they and do they go well with bacon? Or haggis. Please stay on topic!
01-25-2020, 05:54 AM - 6 Likes   #75206
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stihlmania Quote
This thread needs to be retired. Is there not some other thread that people can discuss what they wish to rant and rave about besides a worn out topic such as this? If not, start one and get rid of this stupid, in my opinion, thread. Honestly, I can tell you of 9 different people I know in Texas that have purchased a different camera system just because they saw this thread as a guest! AS A GUEST!!!!!! Even if it is satire. Time to move on people.... And this is only people that I have first hand knowledge of....Kill this thread and move on to the present, its 2020 now....or do you wish to keep Pentax/Ricoh [ and anyone who has invested in the Pentax system decades ago, such as myself ] hostage to a thread started by 1 person 6 years ago [ or however long ago this thread was started ] even if in jest? It is ok to critique any camera system but this thread now can be described as a nothing but a “Kardasian” gossip Facebook site....Wonderful.....
01-25-2020, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #75207
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Meanwhile, near the Big Shed, this:

Boeing postpones 777X test flight until Saturday due to wind | king5.com

Saturday will be the third attempt at the inaugural first flight for the largest twin engined commercial airliner in history. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 01-25-2020 at 06:40 AM.
01-25-2020, 07:37 AM - 6 Likes   #75208
Veteran Member

01-25-2020, 07:39 AM - 3 Likes   #75209
Veteran Member

Honestly, I can tell you of 9 different people I know in Texas that have purchased a different camera system just because they saw this thread as a guest! AS A GUEST!!!!!!
And in seriousness, I highly doubt that.
01-25-2020, 08:06 AM - 2 Likes   #75210
Veteran Member

I double doubt it.