Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #7771
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
But that means you have us all to yourself!
Nope ... I'm still "abouts" ... was just busy making lunch/kitchen cleaning afterwards plus playing with a new toy (below) ... want more French cookbooks ?!

03-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #7772
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sure, if you have more that are as funny as the previous ones! Bring 'em on!

(enjoy that new toy, especially as it doesn't have hociR on it )
03-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #7773
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Takin' one for the Team

OK guys. Here ya go. Dinner's on us tonight. Of course that means we get to select the recipe.*

What we'll be doing if this doesn't blow over.

As you can see, this page has been well-used. While mine was bought in 1985 in Santa Fe, this cookbook is available in reprint form (Print-On-Demand) from Amazon and benefits the Society for Range Management, a preservationist group oriented to preserving the heritage of the West and the open range. Lots of reprints from various editions of The Brand Book and squibs here and there written by ranch women - an admirable breed (I married one).

Here's what I'm making for dinner tonight.

* Hopefully such penitent behavior and cowboy honor (Ma'am) will restore this thread to its former good humor and general polite society.
03-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #7774
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
OK guys. Here ya go. Dinner's on us tonight. Of course that means we get to select the recipe.*
Hey...my book!

Awesome recipes in that book. Anybody here that likes cooking and does not have that book is most certainly missing out.

03-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #7775
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hope ya'll know my comments were teasing... I was certainly not offended. I thought it was funny - cookbooks, stuffing sausage & all.
And that chili recipe looks great!
03-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #7776
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
I hope ya'll know my comments were teasing... I was certainly not offended. I thought it was funny - cookbooks, stuffing sausage & all.
Yep!! Got it the first time.
03-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #7777
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Hey...my book!

Awesome recipes in that book. Anybody here that likes cooking and does not have that book is most certainly missing out.
Yessir. Figured you'd like that - actually put it in here just for you.

03-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #7778
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I also recall a quote, and thought it was Ben Franklin, but again, the origin escapes me. Here it is:
The origin is only Ben Franklin (or Lincoln) if you read it on FB.

Steve

---------- Post added 03-23-14 at 10:26 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Hmmm. Now, according to Step 2, I'm going to need trois femmes, one with only one leg. And I haven't rolled stockings off a lady in many, many years. As I recall, just getting one of them to hold still was a bit of a chore. Has the technique changed in the 21st century?
Now days, if the stockings are the "roll down" variety, chances are the lady is agreeable to the act.

Steve

---------- Post added 03-23-14 at 10:29 AM ----------

What we'll be doing if this doesn't blow over.

As you can see, this page has been well-used. While mine was bought in 1985 in Santa Fe, this cookbook is available in reprint form (Print-On-Demand) from Amazon and benefits the Society for Range Management, a preservationist group oriented to preserving the heritage of the West and the open range. Lots of reprints from various editions of The Brand Book and squibs here and there written by ranch women - an admirable breed (I married one).

* Hopefully such penitent behavior and cowboy honor (Ma'am) will restore this thread to its former good humor and general polite society.
Ummmm...the book stained...reminds me of a Seinfeld episode...

Steve
03-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #7779
Pentaxian

Hey Monochrom...you rolled 4 sevens!!!

That's worth money here in Nevada.

---------- Post added 03-23-2014 at 10:45 AM ----------

BTW, if you ever get the chance, amongst other rather odd and interesting behavior that could only be dreamed up in Gerlach, Nevada, they have a great chili cookoff at the Burning Man out on the Black Rock Desert. If you are running out of ideas for a great time on a vacation it should go on your list.
03-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #7780
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
If we want good ideas, we need to ask the girls.
There ya go!

But of course Tina!

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The origin is only Ben Franklin (or Lincoln) if you read it on FB.
I thought it was Ben, but could not remember for sure.

Oh, and I don't do the FecalBookTwitsterYourSpace thing, so I could not have read it there.

Chili is always good.

I like to get Carroll Shelby's Texas Chili Fixins and go from there, or of late Chugwater Chili. Any way you start, the outcome is always very good. You can't go wrong with Chili.

BTW, if you ever get the chance, amongst other rather odd and interesting behavior that could only be dreamed up in Gerlach, Nevada, they have a great chili cookoff at the Burning Man out on the Black Rock Desert. If you are running out of ideas for a great time on a vacation it should go on your list.
Chili cookoff at Burning Man? Is that a clothing optional thing?

Chili is King Tina!

Last edited by Racer X 69; 03-23-2014 at 02:56 PM.
03-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #7781
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We'll consider that! Our last trip was three days in Denver and a week in Centennial, WY visiting a friend. Monument Valley is in the bucket. We still visit northern New Mexico whenever we can (Cimarron, mostly) and venture past Eagle Nest to Taos. Spend a lot of time in Lake City, CO in the San Juan Mtns. (eastern side of Engineer Pass from Ouray) where my wife's great grandfather had two silver mines. We like Trinidad and the 'Picketwire' River and pretty much anything along the Front Range that isn't all geeked up. Put 220,000 miles on a Suburban hauling three kids back and forth to see all her stuff out there.

'Course that doesn't make me Racer X 69 - just another suburbanite seein' the sights.

This year several friends' children are getting married so our travels are to upstate New York and then New Hampshire and then Roanoke. I guess the pattern is full for a while.
03-23-2014, 11:45 AM - 1 Like   #7782
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As per the "Ask Racer" comment...

I dunno. I kind of like it when a man begs nicely. I'm a little evil that way and some men actually LIKE it when I get all dominant. Pray tell me how exactly does one "cool off" at Burning Man? I mean it's salt flats, all dust and desert, and UGH mega sun and heat, unless I'm totally clueless there's no water or ice out there except what is brought no? (Not my idea of a proper holiday. I'd rather see Alaska than do that...) This is high up on my list of places to go someday. I love the idea of seeing places like this:

http://www.icehotel.com/

Last edited by magkelly; 03-23-2014 at 11:50 AM.
03-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #7783
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
'Course that doesn't make me Racer X 69 - just another suburbanite seein' the sights.
Hey, I am sort of retired. I'm just a Tourist in a big car! A car that has 18 wheels and can wheigh in at 80,000lbs! More like an RV with serious overkill!

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
As per the "Ask Racer" comment...

I dunno. I kind of like it when a man begs nicely. I'm a little evil that way and some men actually LIKE it when I get all dominant.

Pray tell me how exactly does one "cool off" at Burning Man? I mean it's salt flats, all dust and desert, and UGH mega sun and heat, unless I'm totally clueless there's no water or ice out there except what is brought no? (Not my idea of a proper holiday. I'd rather see Alaska than do that...)
Ergo the "clothing optional" thing.

This is high up on my list of places to go someday. I love the idea of seeing places like this:

ICEHOTEL
I've seen that before, and thought it would be fun to check out sometime.

Although I wonder just how stiff and sore I would be after sleeping on a block of ice. Kinda like a water bed after the heater goes bad.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 03-23-2014 at 02:56 PM.
03-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #7784

Just got my wife a K3 and Pentax 55-300 lens Thursday and she loves it! She also has a K5 IIs with a Sigma 18-250 lens. Although she has only been into the QUALITY DSLR cameras for 13 months she can already tell a difference in the picture quality. And the K3 is FAST in auto focus, something she has been hesitant to use before. We cruise a place called "Mingo National Wildlife Refuge" In Southeast Missouri and probably 99.99 percent of her pictures are from the truck. Basically a cruise and shoot affair.
03-23-2014, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #7785
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Randy and welcome also to your wife. But don't get some of the characters in this thread going about trucks. Or rigs. Or cheese. Or bacon. Or recipes. Or hociR.
I hope you picked out some nice gaffer's tape for her as an accessory.