Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108808 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #8056
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
But yogurt of any denomination is an abomination!!

Yeah, isn't yoghurt just milk that has gone 'off'?

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 01:06 PM ----------

On a different note: Star Track (NB not Star Trek!) just delivered my silver box branded RICOH (and Pentax HD Pentax-DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited).
No sign of the R word on the actual article though. I couldn't get CFO approval for a K3 now, even if I tried!

04-06-2014, 09:30 PM - 1 Like   #8057
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Did you miss this?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I only saw it after I posted my comment. So the paste has stayed with you for 50+ years? hociR would suggest colonics.

Steve
04-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #8058
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
hociR would suggest colonics

The English applied colonics; back in 1788 they sent the scum (well, that's what they thought them) of England & Ireland to a new colony at Sydney Cove in what has since become Australia.

Last edited by rod_grant; 04-06-2014 at 11:33 PM.
04-07-2014, 01:12 AM   #8059
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Terri Gross interviewed a gal on Fresh Air the other day who wrote a book about our digestive tracts. It details some very interesting and neat things about the path of nutrition as it enters our mouth and proceeds through the system, ultimately exiting the other end.

The book also covers many of the things that go wrong. One of those things is when the critters that live in our bowels get messed up, and the delicate balance goes awry. The doctors have developed a procedure to fix this problem.

A fecal transplant.

Yes, you read that right.

A fecal transplant from the bowel of a person with a healthy intestinal tract to that of a person whose bowels are not doing what they should. The excreta is removed from the healthy person, quickly processed by the doctors (the critters that live in there cannot live where there is too much oxygen) and then placed into the intestines of the person who has the bad critters.

Ain't science and medicine great?
One of my doctors actually suggested that when they first started doing it. I told him I'd gladly eat yogurt every single day of my life but I would absolutely not do that. It's not as bad as it sounds now. They used to insert it live into the colon via a tube, but now they have poop pills basically. Either way it still grosses me out and I don't usually gross out all that easily. :P

04-07-2014, 03:18 AM   #8060
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
But Helios was the god personification of the sun, the giver of sight. Always a good deal having a god on retainer. Probably a good counter-balance if there's a hociR invasion, too.
In the first century AD "helios" meant "sun", as in the bright thing in the sky. Just to check I had it right I looked up Moulton's Analytical Greek Lexicon, 1978. Must admit, my Greek is not up to the classical philosophers of the 5th century BC, and even the first century BC is somewhat obscure.

I accept Helios as a personification name of a god because although I have not actually read much about this god I know that was the kind of thing they did in those days.
04-07-2014, 03:21 AM - 1 Like   #8061
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have a poop-pill a day... it will keep hociR away
04-07-2014, 03:24 AM   #8062
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
On a different note: Star Track (NB not Star Trek!) just delivered my silver box branded RICOH (and Pentax HD Pentax-DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited).
No sign of the R word on the actual article though. I couldn't get CFO approval for a K3 now, even if I tried!
Today I had to go to a different Star Trak depot to get my honey. No-one was home to get it when they tried to deliver last week. It came on a wooden pallet, but only a little one, not like bricks.

04-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #8063
Pentaxian

... Find me a nice 44-3 with compatible focus ring (the one that does not bind against the mount flange) and I will buy it from you.

Steve
Well, that may be a lot to ask for ... did not really see a lot of Helios gear this year! But there were great sections/collections of Pentax bacon & cheese slicer levered devices ... J

04-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #8064
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
So the paste has stayed with you for 50+ years?
The memory if it has.

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
. . . . . . but now they have poop pills basically.
The author of the book mentioned that the medical researchers were working on something like that. The catch it the good critters that are intended to be introduced only live for a very short time in the atmosphere, since their adapted environment is one lacking oxygen.

So that is creating problems requiring a resolution to keep them living until they get to their intended destination.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
That is so funny!
04-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #8065
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fun Science for a Monday

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
6 units of fruit, 4 oz real yogurt, 2 bananas, 2 salads, grains,
quinoa, legumes, 8 oz. white meats and/or fish, 16 oz. water, etc. - daily - does the same thing. Dairy fat binds, flesh fat loosens, nut fat clogs.

Recent DNA studies show the Neanderthals interbred with European and Asian tribes, and that specifically European descended humans process lipids differently than other lineages. This may have promoted natural selection of fatter bodies and may contribute to current dietary imbalances.

Our current raging debate about proper eating may in fact be a typical Eurocentric base view, wherein perhaps 'all' people need not eat as a Neandethal. Further, the recent admixing of races and persons of different geographic heritages may well contribute to these dietary imbalnces.

Bacon and cheese might well be perfectly good for some people and not for others - but broccoli is just bad.

One thing we think we know - hociR apparently changes brain chemisrty, or so it would seem. It is a very subtle, subliminal message - an evil plot by Dr. PentaxIsDoomed™ Therefore even I won't buy a K3.
04-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #8066
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Bacon and cheese might well be perfectly good for some people and not for others -
Blasphemy!
04-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #8067
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Blasphemy!
My body made a noise like that after my last bacon-triple-cheese pizza orgy.
04-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #8068
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Blasphemy!
Plus 1.
04-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #8069
Pentaxian

My body made a noise like that after my last bacon-triple-cheese pizza orgy.
Were you near or touching your hociR K-3 when this happened; the noise that is to say? J
04-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #8070
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
. . . . . - but broccoli is just bad.

But. But. But. But they said that broccoli cures cancer!