Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #8206
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
A "tat" ... ?!
I don't know about Poiters, but in this part of the world a tattoo on that part of the anatomy is known as a 'Tramp Stamp.'

My apologies to any reader to whom I have provided unintentional direct or indirect offense. I don't know you or your sister.

04-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #8207
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I don't know about Poiters, but in this part of the world a tattoo on that part of the anatomy is known as a 'Tramp Stamp.'

My apologies to any reader to whom I have provided unintentional direct or indirect offense. I don't know you or your sister.
No offense taken ... and learn some new "lingo" everyday on this forum . There's gotta be a slang term similar in French ... ah, a new linguistic quest!

Also, my apologies to anyone that has belt with their name on the back ... I just like to poke fun at my ol' fellow Okies (plus I do have some "not-so-distant" family members with name belts ) J
04-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #8208
Site Supporter

A history question :

When did the hociR materialize and what is its greatest contribution to mankind?
04-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #8209
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
A history question :

When did the hociR materialize and what is its greatest contribution to mankind?
It's greatest contribution to mankind? Are you serious? Without it this 8,000+ post thread wouldn't exist!

04-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #8210
Site Supporter

A history question :

Some time in the early part of the 20th century (1936) as a camera and optical company. The greatest contribution to mankind...depends on who you ask. Most would say in the realm of office automation.

Steve
04-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #8211
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

A history question :

The hociR did not materialize in any mortal sense. It is quite obvious the the hociR is one of the Valkiries, come to choose those who will follow her to a nether world beyond the ken of mere mortals. Can any mortal even begin to comprehend the contributions of the gods? I think not. We must merely accept our fates and the decisions of the gods.

Last edited by jac; 04-12-2014 at 05:29 PM.
04-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #8212
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
The hociR did not materialize in any mortal sense. It is quite obvious the the hociR is one of the Valkiries, come to choose those who will follow her to a nether world beyond the ken of mere mortals. Can any mortal even begin to comprehend the contributions of the gods? I think not. We must merely accept our fates and the decisions of the gods.
Kind of like the agloH. Or the enohPI. No telling where the gods found them but they are poised to conquer the world of imaging. In the near future our descendants will ponder the strange demise of Canon, Nikon, Pentax, et al, while fondling their agloH.
04-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #8213
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
?..while fondling their agloH.
Is that kind of talk allowed in a family forum? Especially PF? Where is our pet Moderator? This thread is slipping into depravity, the influence of the all powerful hociR.

04-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #8214
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
No telling where the gods found them but they are poised to conquer the world of imaging
The Gods Must Be Crazy
04-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #8215
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Gods Must Be Crazy is one of the few movies that makes me laugh out loud. The night I first saw it I literally had trouble getting to sleep. I would start to drift off and wake myself up again laughing.
04-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #8216
Site Supporter

The Gods Must be Crazy and Zaphod Beeblebrox must be one of them ...

04-12-2014, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #8217
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hey, who is the long haired freaky hippie dude with the sweet Pentax a couple of pages back?? Needs a haircut! Looks like a Beatles wannabe! Like he's trying to be Paul! Pathetic! He needs a ticket to ride!
By the way, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World is my favorite comedy!!
Now back to playing with my newly acquired non hociR lens!!! Woo hoo!! Looks like blunderbuss mounted on the camera!!
04-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #8218
Site Supporter

Zaphod? I think it says that somewhere on one of my Soviet cameras...

Steve
04-13-2014, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #8219

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
A "tat" ... ?!
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

Well now you guys have gone and done it! Mrs. Racer does not post here much, but she does read these forums from time to time. I suspect that is so she can be sure that I am not hanging out in bars and chasing strange women while I am working my way across this Great Land.

Anyway, I got home late Thursday, and being the wonderful woman that Mrs. Racer is, she picked me up at the yard. When we got home, it was late and I was tired and dirty after a long day of driving, finished up with a couple hours of wrestling dirty tarps. I wanted nothing more than a hot shower and then to retire to my own bed, for a much needed rest.

Working long days, herding 80,000 pounds of tractor/trailer along the interstate can wear a guy down.

Well we got back to our wonderful home in Paradise along the River, I schlepped all my gear into the house, and as we disrobed to get into that hot shower I was eagerly anticipating, I saw this:

I about fell over!

Which one of you put her up to this abomination?

Who????
04-13-2014, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #8220
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Well now you guys have gone and done it! ...

Which one of you put her up to this abomination?
Who????
Aye doose knot speeky z'Englisch wery vell ... so, it ain't me J

---------- Post added 04-13-14 at 19:24 ----------

FYI - just Googled "Ricoh tattoo" and got this ...

Scottish golfer Carly Booth poses naked ahead of Ricoh Women’s British Open - Telegraph