Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2020, 03:21 AM - 2 Likes   #82561
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I would give my left testicle for one.
It would be an awesome car to own and drive.

But I wouldn’t give up a body part for one.

12-01-2020, 06:33 AM - 2 Likes   #82562
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pretty '56 in the middle!
When I went looking for a pic to post, and saw this one, I said to myself Mark will like this!
12-01-2020, 08:11 AM - 3 Likes   #82563
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't watch more than a few minutes in, but...

Umm... I mean... Yeah, that's how it works
12-01-2020, 08:29 AM - 4 Likes   #82564
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

The earth must be flat. Proof? Of course I have proof.
If it were round all of the eggs the Easter Bunny leaves would just keep rolling down hill until they reached the South Pole and fell off into space.
Duh!

12-01-2020, 09:10 AM - 2 Likes   #82565
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The earth must be flat. Proof? Of course I have proof.
If it were round all of the eggs the Easter Bunny leaves would just keep rolling down hill until they reached the South Pole and fell off into space.
Duh!
One of the QA (quality inspector) in my shop at The Big Shed believes the world is flat.

So much so that he will argue it endlessly, and speaks very disparagingly about anyone who doesn’t subscribe to his view. He even talks about a camera that proves the world is flat. A Canon camera. I looked it up, he is all wet.

I think he is an idiot.

But he is a very good QA. Knows the build, the drawings and specifications very well.
12-01-2020, 09:30 AM - 3 Likes   #82566
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I didn't watch more than a few minutes in, but...
You should've watched more.
I didn't watch the whole thing, just enough to make a believer out of me.
The sun revolves around the earth, now that makes sense.
At least that's what I thought they were saying.
12-01-2020, 09:32 AM - 3 Likes   #82567
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
One of the QA (quality inspector) in my shop at The Big Shed believes the world is flat.
Comes from down under, eh?

12-01-2020, 10:02 AM - 3 Likes   #82568
Pentaxian

A '56 Lincoln Continental with 368 V8, auto, power steering, power seats, electric windows and factory aircon is the only car I'll ever need. It is perfection on wheels. Good examples currently sell for $40,000 to $60,000. I would give my left testicle for one.

Years ago I was a salesman, and the cardinal rule when you want to buy something is to never let the seller know how much you are willing to pay for the item .....or in your case...how much you are....... willing to part with ......for said item....which for you is the Continental.

The seller, if he is canny......... may up the cost to demanding up to three times as much as you were willing ....to part with...... for the Continental .

Then you might find you are forced to compromise ....by parting with.... not just one.....not three....but two testicles .

Just my take...or perhaps the seller's take.
12-01-2020, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #82569
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
One day I decided to vacuum the house. My mistake was in doing so while Mrs. P was watching. She had a look on her face like someone had just kicked her puppy. Being the sensitive/perceptive husband I am I stopped vacuuming. She said "if you want to vacuum that's okay, but I'll still do it once a week myself just" (she caught herself and stopped short of saying "to make sure it's done right"). That was about a year ago. I haven't touched her vacuum cleaner since.
Studies have shown that men are actually better at using a vacuum cleaner than women. They think it is related to the whole power tool thing. My wife uses one of those Rainbow vacuum cleaners. Got to say it works great and had for over 15 years now. I have replaced a few parts but that is it.
12-01-2020, 10:10 AM - 2 Likes   #82570
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Vacuuming has always been my task. That's why we got the robot
Doing the dishes has always been my task. That's why we got the electric dishwasher.

There seems to be a pattern here among males that frequent this thread.
12-01-2020, 10:15 AM - 2 Likes   #82571
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
I don't remember the use of trays at the drive - in .... but
I spotted this at a Country Show
And .......
Boy does that Golden Lion bring back memories. Only 1070 of them made and my buddy had number 770 or something like that. Got it off of an 83 years old man in the early 1970's. Beast of a car. He used it to tow his 72 Duster to the drag races. Got 19mpg doing it too.

It had a fin that got crunched by a school bus. So he found one and fixed the car. After it was on we painted it black and white to look like Broderick Crawford's cop car on Highway Patrol. You could live in the back seat.
12-01-2020, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #82572
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Boy does that Golden Lion bring back memories. Only 1070 of them made and my buddy had number 770 or something like that. Got it off of an 83 years old man in the early 1970's. Beast of a car. He used it to tow his 72 Duster to the drag races. Got 19mpg doing it too.

It had a fin that got crunched by a school bus. So he found one and fixed the car. After it was on we painted it black and white to look like Broderick Crawford's cop car on Highway Patrol. You could live in the back seat.
A friend back in the late '60's had a '60 Chrysler Imperial. He was showing it off to all his buddies, including me. He took us for a ride....who knew that you could stuff 8 big guys in a '60 Imperial.

As Jay Leno said about his gargantuan '55 Buick Roadmaster.....it could seat 8 for dinner.
12-01-2020, 10:52 AM - 3 Likes   #82573
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Years ago I was a salesman, and the cardinal rule when you want to buy something is to never let the seller know how much you are willing to pay for the item .....or in your case...how much you are....... willing to part with ......for said item....which for you is the Continental.

The seller, if he is canny......... may up the cost to demanding up to three times as much as you were willing ....to part with...... for the Continental .

Then you might find you are forced to compromise ....by parting with.... not just one.....not three....but two testicles .

Just my take...or perhaps the seller's take.
Well... This is why I never sell anything. Two testies is enough.
12-01-2020, 10:59 AM - 6 Likes   #82574
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
That is an interesting story about your family camping at a farm which was owned by the same family for centuries. One of the attractions for me of Britain and Europe is the age of buildings, still used, compared to much of North America.

In '85 my wife and I went for a tour of France, Scotland, England and one of the places we stayed at, was a rural bed and breakfast in Cumbria, which as you are aware, borders Yorkshire.

It was an old farmhouse, which had been lived in by the same family, well before Canadian Confederation (1867). To reach the B&B, we drove down a narrow, steep and twisting road through a sheep farming area , which was situated in an idyllic green valley.

Our plans were just to stay here overnight, but we were so taken by the striking beauty of the area, we were able to extend our stay for three days. I still vividly remember the stunning sunrises....in fact we set our alarm early..... just to sit and watch the sunrise.

We had excellent seating in our second room suite, with it's large, east facing picture window .
When I first came to the US in 1985, my employer arranged for a realtor to drive us around the area (Orange County California) As we drove through one area in Garden Grove, she told us, "these are old houses" They looked like typical California bungalow style homes so i asked her when they were built. She told me " back in the fifties"
I has to chuckle, in UK anything built after WWII was considered "new" I grew up in houses built in the 1890ies. One of my favorite pubs on the Yorkshire moors, the Strines Inn, was built in 1275 and is still open.
Attached Images

12-01-2020, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #82575
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Studies have shown that men are actually better at using a vacuum cleaner than women. They think it is related to the whole power tool thing. My wife uses one of those Rainbow vacuum cleaners. Got to say it works great and had for over 15 years now. I have replaced a few parts but that is it.
My mom has a Rainbow, bought it back in the early 1960’s. She had to have the motor rebuilt about 15 years ago. What an awesome machine it is.

My only complaint was having to empty the water out after using it.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »