QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Nah, that'd be me
No, that's Dave

12-16-2020, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #83147
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Hey, hey, hey... Don't knock the bacon... Bacon is life... Right after that other thing that we come on this site for....
Bacon
12-16-2020, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #83148
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Yep , ... that'll be him.

Dave
No, that's you
12-16-2020, 03:29 PM - 3 Likes   #83149
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
What a beauty. Looking at it, it is hard to imagine that this is a 1913. So advanced with it's 4 cylinder engine back then. The of course the styling and engineering of the Henderson. Looking at it you can tell this Henderson was well beyond sticking an engine in a bicycle frame as many early motorcycles were. Henderson's were popular with police in their day. Not much could keep up with them , speed wise.

I recall how many motorcyclists, including me, were astounded when Honda brought out their first 4 cylinder street bike, the CB750 in 1969. Henderson had one in the teens. Not to take anything away from the Honda CB750, which was a magnificent motorcycle in it's time, but then so was this Henderson.

Thx for posting # 1.
Kinda like when Yamaha came out with their aluminum chassis sleds in the 70s. Everything else was huge and steel. yamaha cleaned up on the racing circuit. Their sleds could corner!

12-16-2020, 03:30 PM - 4 Likes   #83150
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Very useful when you sometimes work in left wings and then on right wings. BTW not a political comment.
I am not picky, right wings, left wings, I eat them all. As long as they are not battered.
12-16-2020, 03:35 PM - 2 Likes   #83151
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Snowmobiles are effen fast. I had a 1998 Yamaha SRX 600 triple and was constantly blown away by it acceleration and top speed
12-16-2020, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #83152
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
One of the courses I took in college was radiometry. The study and measurement of light. Back then there was still no well defined and agreed upon set of terms. Standards were just being defined. For example the word lumen was just coming into usage. Things like candlepower, lux and radiant flux density were all competing against each other. Pretty confusing.

The professor had some interesting questions on the test like "Why don't the headlights on you car work as good in rainy weather?". All sorts of questions like that. When a student complained he answered back that we were training to be engineers and that problems don't fit formulas. If they did, there would be no reason to have engineers. We will be asked to solve problems, not equations.

Tough grader too. On the four exams I got three A's and a C. Another student got three A's and a B. He got a final grade of A and I got a B. When I asked the professor why I got a B when my overall average was above 90 he replied that there had to be a difference between a student who got three A's and a B and a student who got three A's and a C.
They had cars back then? KIDDING!!!!

12-16-2020, 03:39 PM - 2 Likes   #83153
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Well, no, unfortunately. The motorcycles are stored in a large shed and occasionally grit , dirt will get into the oil in the cake tin. Also there has been the odd fly, moth or creepy crawly that drowns in the oil.

The only oil I want in the motorcycle's crankcase is fresh from the bottle, so I just recycle the cake tin oil.
That's what a paper coffee filter is for
12-16-2020, 03:41 PM - 4 Likes   #83154
Veteran Member

I remember an old Yamaha radio commercial, went something like this:
An old sounding geezer is speaking and says, Must be 40 or 50 motorsickles at the bottom of that swamp, and ain't none of 'em a Yamaha.
12-16-2020, 03:43 PM - 2 Likes   #83155
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Absolutely!

But sadly though, Racer is no longer building wings for the 777.

Since September I now work on the forward bodies B deck (the lower cargo deck, ahead of the wings) on the 767 freighters and the KC-46 Tanker for my Uncle and his friends around the world, such as Great Britain and Australia.

Also, unofficially, my assignment to the 767 program looks to be permanent.

8 months.

2 weeks.
205 days
12-16-2020, 03:46 PM - 3 Likes   #83156
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Years ago, I had a 1981 Suzuki RM125 but no snow machine. I live in Canada in case you have not figured that out yet. Not wanting to be left out "in the cold" so to speak, I inserted machine screws into the the knobbies of my motocross bike. Well wow, what a blast. Sideways blasting out ice shards, wheeling on ice, 8- - 100 kph on a frozen snowmobile trail. It was a lot of fun.
I've never been on a bike on the ice with tire studs. Sounds like fun. I did go out on an ice racing track....snow cleared off the river ....with my '69 Beetle ...no studs, no snow tires ...with my girlfriend after the racing was done. All I can say is that I'm glad there were still some ice racers there to push me out of the snowbank at the first corner .

Boy it was a quiet ride back to my GF's house.

I know Ottawa, my cousin used to live there, but then she moved to Sweden.
12-16-2020, 03:52 PM - 2 Likes   #83157
Pentaxian

That's what a paper coffee filter is for
Never thought of that. Wonder if the Norton engine in my Matchless likes it's Castrol oil...decaffeinated ?
12-16-2020, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #83158
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I remember an old Yamaha radio commercial, went something like this:
An old sounding geezer is speaking and says, Must be 40 or 50 motorsickles at the bottom of that swamp, and ain't none of 'em a Yamaha.
I recall the first Yamaha radio ad I heard in the mid '60's. It was a local radio guy voicing the ad on a local radio station in the 'Peg.

He pronounced Yamaha as Ya...ha...ma. Being a kid, that was the way I thought the word was pronounced till someone older and wiser corrected me.

As it happened I bought my first Yamaha motorcycle a couple years later, it was a '66 Yamaha YDS3, Catalina Super Sports. What a mouthful for a name, but it was a great bike, quick, handled well , had a big drum brakes to haul me down fast when I got carried away with the 'yowl' sound the engine made, when I was piling up the revs. and heading for trouble in corners.
12-16-2020, 05:36 PM - 2 Likes   #83159
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That reminded me, somewhat obliquely, of a childrens joke in South Africa. Mom, asking her daughter to let the dog out:

"Suzuki?"
"Yamaha?"
"Kawasaki Honda!"
12-16-2020, 06:17 PM - 1 Like   #83160
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bacon
Bacon bacon, bacon Bacon bacon bacon.