Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108794 Likes Search this Thread
01-27-2021, 09:51 PM - 2 Likes   #84766
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

As for a wine collection, well, I have enough collections already. Mrs. Racer would shoot me if I started collecting something else.

Besides, I rarely drink, almost never wine.
I've tried wine over the years, but never developed a fondness, a desire....no interest at all in wine. As far as collections go, I'm in the same boat as your racer. I also have enough corrections collections already. Odd thing is that my wife isn't a collector, but I am.

There is certain stuff, I just like having, looking at, researching, enjoying. Etc.

01-27-2021, 10:12 PM - 1 Like   #84767
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I haven't heard that term...baker's dozen'...for years. That used to be the policy here at many small bakeries,,,you could always expect the baker to give you a dozen...plus one. I can't recall the last time I heard or got the baker's dozen. My wife says the last time we got the bakers dozen was in some small town in the Black Hills (South Dakota) and that was over 25 years ago.
There used to be competition in Australia for how many bottles in a dozen beer. Got up to 15 to the dozen at some bottle shops. They took the carton and shoved the extra bottles through the top, after taking them out of another carton. They priced the dozen with a common price and changed the number.
01-27-2021, 10:18 PM - 3 Likes   #84768
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Aha. Understood. Having said that, I'd expect any HWC to work faultlessly for 15 years plus if it's an enameled tank and 30 years plus if it's a stainless steel tank. If it's an old low pressure copper tank, then yeah.
My house in Adelaide had two, a big one and a little one at each end of the house. Both lasted to about 20 to 25 years. The water in Adelaide is quite hard, but not as hard as in southern England.
01-28-2021, 04:33 AM - 1 Like   #84769
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is a shot of the basement during the early phases of construction. You can see the footings for the two full width bearing walls, and the shorter footing for the wall next to the stairwell. The furnace and hot water heater are in the far corner the well controller and expansion tank are also at that end of the basement. The footings divided the basement into three rooms. The one closest was going to be a movie theater, the middle a rec room with a pool table and bar, the far room a mechanical and small workshop area.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 01-28-2021 at 08:57 AM.
01-28-2021, 05:56 AM - 4 Likes   #84770
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Valentine's Day shopping for Canuckians has been solved.
Get your lover some candy KD.
Candy Kraft Mac & Cheese

01-28-2021, 07:23 AM - 2 Likes   #84771
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Candy Kraft Mac & Cheese
Really weird we can get that here... for all the things like this (all the crazy US cereals for instance) When we had a roommate addicted to those things back in the 90s we used to go across the border to Buffalo and shop Walden Galleria once in a while. I used it as an excuse to get us to the Albright Knox for brunch and some art before rampant consumerism. A fantastic small gallery that I get reciprocals at from My AGO membership
Haven't been in years. TBH haven't been to the US since before I got a DSLR I had my first Digital camera a JVC GC-QX3HD a whopping 3.34mp using smart cards .. the last trip was San Francisco in 2003. - I went back to using film until the release of the *ist DS after using that horrible little camera(I won it at work)
01-28-2021, 08:56 AM - 2 Likes   #84772
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Candy Kraft Mac & Cheese
I dunno. That color looks so unappetizing. Like ground beef about to turn.

01-28-2021, 08:59 AM - 3 Likes   #84773
Veteran Member

I dunno. That color looks so unappetizing. Like ground beef about to turn.
it holds pretty much no appeal for me (neither did the Pumpkin Spice one they did, but if i want mac and cheese i make from scratch and include bacon. no kraft plastic cheese

Last edited by eddie1960; 01-28-2021 at 09:04 AM.
01-28-2021, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #84774
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Today is a sad day.

Today is the last day Racer will help build tankers and freighters at The Big Shed. Notice came down midday yesterday to report back to the 777 program.

It sucks.

I was really digging the work on the tankers and freighters. Finally settled in to a routine of sorts, mostly doing rework, but also some bar line jobs. They even gave me a toolbox full of tools.

One thing is certain here, nothing is permanent, and things will change.
01-28-2021, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #84775
Pentaxian

Candy Kraft Mac & Cheese
Now that looks just terrible. I got to watch how much chocolate I eat nowadays, and my wife doesn't eat much chocolate. I do like Neilson's Jersey milk chocolate, Lindt milk chocolate.....that's about it.

When I was younger man, we would usually get an additional box of small chocolate bars at Halloween, as I couldn't resist temptation and my wife didn't want to run out of Halloween treats for kids .

Sadly, there's no danger of that anymore, as I've got to limit my intake.
01-28-2021, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #84776
Pentaxian

Today is a sad day.

Today is the last day Racer will help build tankers and freighters at The Big Shed. Notice came down midday yesterday to report back to the 777 program.

It sucks.

I was really digging the work on the tankers and freighters. Finally settled in to a routine of sorts, mostly doing rework, but also some bar line jobs. They even gave me a toolbox full of tools.

One thing is certain here, nothing is permanent, and things will change.
Who knows, though, Boeing may bring you back to freighters and tankers sometime....possibility ? I think you'll miss working once retirement comes. I always say it's important for people to fill their days with something they enjoy doing, when they retire. I have a sense that this will not be difficult for you.
01-28-2021, 11:08 AM - 2 Likes   #84777
Veteran Member

Now that looks just terrible. I got to watch how much chocolate I eat nowadays, and my wife doesn't eat much chocolate. I do like Neilson's Jersey milk chocolate, Lindt milk chocolate.....that's about it.

When I was younger man, we would usually get an additional box of small chocolate bars at Halloween, as I couldn't resist temptation and my wife didn't want to run out of Halloween treats for kids .

Sadly, there's no danger of that anymore, as I've got to limit my intake.
We don't eat a lot of chocolate, there are lots of local small producers making some very nice chocolate and I would rather eat a few small pieces of that than a lot of the big names. Mrs. Eddie worked for Godiva for a number of years before finishing out her retail career at Williams Sonoma, For a big manufacturer, they made some very good very interesting chocolates. Sadly any chance of eating those looks like it is gone. Covid has killed their retail in north America

Godiva Is Closing All Doors In U.S. And Canada As Store Sales Drop

they really failed massively to Pivot during covid. Valentines is around the corner they should have had curbside pickups and deliveries in place for all the unique instore items (my wife sold thousands of Chocolate dipped strawberries every Valentine's day, they had staff dipping round the clock for a couple of days to meet demand
01-28-2021, 11:10 AM - 4 Likes   #84778
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I always say it's important for people to fill their days with something they enjoy doing, when they retire. I have a sense that this will not be difficult for you.
Shouldn’t be a problem for me, no.

I have my Z cars.

All 14 of them.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
IPod touch  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 

Last edited by Racer X 69; 01-29-2021 at 04:30 AM.
01-28-2021, 11:20 AM   #84779
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
We don't eat a lot of chocolate, there are lots of local small producers making some very nice chocolate and I would rather eat a few small pieces of that than a lot of the big names. Mrs. Eddie worked for Godiva for a number of years before finishing out her retail career at Williams Sonoma, For a big manufacturer, they made some very good very interesting chocolates. Sadly any chance of eating those looks like it is gone. Covid has killed their retail in north America

Godiva Is Closing All Doors In U.S. And Canada As Store Sales Drop

they really failed massively to Pivot during covid. Valentines is around the corner they should have had curbside pickups and deliveries in place for all the unique instore items (my wife sold thousands of Chocolate dipped strawberries every Valentine's day, they had staff dipping round the clock for a couple of days to meet demand
That's a shame about Godivas. Just told my wife and and she is very surprised. Her mother loves Godiva chocolates.

You're quite right about the importance of curbside delivery and home delivery in these Covid times. About once a month we still go to our favourite burger place, VJ's at the corner of Main and Broadway, opposite Union Station in the 'Peg. It would of been around when you lived here. We stand in the parking lot, give our order to a lady who comes out to take it, 10 minutes later we have the best burgers (Greek style) in town. We take it home, as these burgers (double patty deluxe with chili) are so gargantuan and delicious , I have to eat them with a knife and fork.

If your sister in the 'Peg, is looking for a good burger, I would recommend VJ's.

We have patronized a local chocolatier for years. It is a family run business and has been in operation for over 6o years.

About - Mordens' of Winnipeg
01-28-2021, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #84780
Veteran Member

That's a shame about Godivas. Just told my wife and and she is very surprised. Her mother loves Godiva chocolates.

You're quite right about the importance of curbside delivery and home delivery in these Covid times. About once a month we still go to our favourite burger place, VJ's at the corner of Main and Broadway, opposite Union Station in the 'Peg. It would of been around when you lived here. We stand in the parking lot, give our order to a lady who comes out to take it, 10 minutes later we have the best burgers (Greek style) in town. We take it home, as these burgers (double patty deluxe with chili) are so gargantuan and delicious , I have to eat them with a knife and fork.

If your sister in the 'Peg, is looking for a good burger, I would recommend vjs.

We have patronized a local chocolatier for years. It is a family run business and has been in operation for over 6o years.

About - Mordens' of Winnipeg
She may already have found it (though her wife is a vegetarian so she only gets meet occasionally ) Dad's office was near there, he was at Portage and Main, he was the Regional Manager for Fuller brush at that time I will send her the info though
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »