Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #8551
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Ooh, is she a skjoldm°y*? Then she could help - if willing to go to France.

* Shieldmaiden - Wikipedia
My neighbors said that they would give them a "welcoming" party ... just kidding !

04-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #8552
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
My neighbors said that they would give them a "welcoming" party ... just kidding !
Modern knights and their armor, doubt they would be a match to those Norse female warriors, on a level playing field.
I know I would be concerned about keeping my head.
04-30-2014, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #8553
mee
Site Supporter

I look forward to the day where vegetables are formed into bacon strips with the same bacony flavor but healthy and low calorie.
04-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #8554
Site Supporter

With all due respect...disagree! That would be the day that ohciR and allizdoG will win

04-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #8555
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69:

Well she is a skjoldm°y, but only for me. And at only 5 feet tall her appearance may not suggest she would be very effective as a skjoldm°y, but when needed she has tremendous capacity to present as fierce ...
Hey, I have one of those. A little under 5' 10" but only when all the stars are aligned. Given the proper set of negative circumstances, she's closer to 6' 4" and I sure wouldn't let her near an Ulfberht on those occasions. As an aside, an Ulfberht DID NOT have hociR engraved on the hilt. Too dangerous for even a Norse sword.
04-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #8556
Site Supporter

I ran across this documentary a while ago. Might have posted a link to it before.
04-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #8557
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Hey, I have one of those. A little under 5' 10" but only when all the stars are aligned. Given the proper set of negative circumstances, she's closer to 6' 4" and I sure wouldn't let her near an Ulfberht on those occasions. As an aside, an Ulfberht DID NOT have hociR engraved on the hilt. Too dangerous for even a Norse sword.
I'm 5'10" and my wife is 5'6" but most people think she's taller than I. I think it's because when they see us together I'm usually ducking with my hands and arms covering my head in a defensive posture.
04-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #8558
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'm 5'10" and my wife is 5'6" but most people think she's taller than I. I think it's because when they see us together I'm usually ducking with my hands and arms covering my head in a defensive posture.
I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'9" - but our older daughter is 5'2" on a good day. We must always remember that, "Though she be small, yet she be mighty." And by mighty we mean fierce. She owns a withering glance!

hociR has no gravity in her orbit.

04-30-2014, 06:13 PM   #8559
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
And by mighty we mean fierce. She owns a withering glance
That, m'boy, is what I charitably refer to as "the withering wifely look". Geneticists have established that it cannot manifest itself in the animal if the 'Y' chromosome is present. It can however have a devastating effect upon any animal possessing the 'Y', causing severe reactions including an overwhelming need to say "Sorry, dear', accompanied by excessive grovelling.
04-30-2014, 06:43 PM   #8560

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
It is always good to know one can count on their partner for backup!

5' 10"?

I was 6' when I quit growing.

Today, I hit 5' 10" if I stand as straight as I can. 2 compression fractures of thoracic vertebrae, and degenerative disc disease in all the others has combined to decrease my overall height by more than 2".

I exist almost entirely on Ibuprofen and aspirin. Augmented with whiskey on occasion, purely for medicinal purposes, of course.

And hociR is useless for chronic pain management.
04-30-2014, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #8561
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Several years ago I learned a valuable lesson. My wife asked me to take the trash out, and I said "if you want it out, you take it out." She then informed me that if I talked to her like that again, I wouldn't see her for a while, and she asked if I would do the dishes. I said "if you want the dishes washed, wash them yourself!" Well, I didn't see her the next day, or the day after that. By the 3rd day the swelling had gone down enough in one eye that I could just barely see her.
04-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #8562
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Shield maiden, battle maiden, sword maiden, my wife is a firearms(plural on purpose) maiden!! I think a well armed woman is sexy! As long as she is not aiming at me! Adds a whole new meaning to till death do us part! She's a better shot too!
05-01-2014, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #8563
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I look forward to the day where vegetables are formed into bacon strips with the same bacony flavor but healthy and low calorie.
You mean something like this?

https://www.morningstarfarms.com/products/breakfast/veggie-bacon-strips

The ingredients were vegetables of some sort at some time and the label says they are healthy and they taste like bacon in the same way that a Burger King burger tastes like beef.

The hociR is behind all vegie food and that is why I feel bad about buying a K-3.

Steve

---------- Post added 05-01-14 at 10:13 AM ----------

Sorry, I was not able to address the "49th parallel" comment. I was in communication with the hociR for a couple of days and not online. It makes little difference, however. I live in the "other" Vancouver, just north of the 45th parallel.

Steve
05-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #8564
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sorry, I was not able to address the "49th parallel" comment.
That's okay, Norm hasn't either.
05-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #8565
Loyal Site Supporter

Several years ago I learned a valuable lesson. My wife asked me to take the trash out, and I said "if you want it out, you take it out." She then informed me that if I talked to her like that again, I wouldn't see her for a while, and she asked if I would do the dishes. I said "if you want the dishes washed, wash them yourself!" Well, I didn't see her the next day, or the day after that. By the 3rd day the swelling had gone down enough in one eye that I could just barely see her.
Shortly after marriage I attempted to show my wife how to iron a man's shirt. She told me I could iron all the man's shirts I wanted to iron. I decided I wouldn't comment on the bathroom floor and I bought a dishwasher.

We've had a happy mariage for over 33 years. I just keep buying dishwashers.