Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #8566
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I just keep buying dishwashers.
We've onl had one dishwasher our entire marriage. He's 5'10'' and goes by the name Jim.

05-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #8567
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
We've onl had one dishwasher our entire marriage. He's 5'10'' and goes by the name Jim.
Let us know if you want to come stay in the basement for a few days.... we have a dishwasher... that dishwashing can wear on you after a few years... not that I'd know. You could always tell when I was single if I'd invited a lady over, because the dishes were done, the floor was vacuumed and the sheets were changed... and the clothes I wore didn't look like they belonged in the Sally Ann rag pile waiting to become paper. Some might claim that was false advertising, but I don't think it ever fooled anyone. because the things I would have done if those things had been done already would have been done, and I never even found out what those things were.
05-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #8568
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Actually, I don't mind washing. It really isn't any more work than rinsing the dishes and loading the dishwasher. Actually, we did have a dishwasher many years ago in the last apartment we lived in. I think in the 2 years we were there we used it twice.
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You could always tell when I was single if I'd invited a lady over, because the dishes were done, the floor was vacuumed and the sheets were changed.
Funny what motivates us, isn't it?
When I met my wife my refrigerator had a jug of iced tea, a jar of Miracle Whip, and a 250 foot roll of Plus-X. I think there was a loaf of bread in the cupboard.
05-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #8569
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, I can't come and play right now. I have to wash the dishes.

05-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #8570
Loyal Site Supporter

We have had a dishwasher for over 20 years now. I carefully wash all the dishes and put them in the dishwasher and wash them again. Ours is really more of a sterilizer, not a washer.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 10:59 PM ----------

If I forget to use the right soap it is a dish spotter.

---------- Post added 05-01-2014 at 11:00 PM ----------

and then I become a dish polisher
05-02-2014, 04:11 AM   #8571
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
We have had a dishwasher for over 20 years now. I carefully wash all the dishes and put them in the dishwasher and wash them again. Ours is really more of a sterilizer, not a washer.
And just for clarification, who's idea was this? it strikes me that a "Y" chromosome would never have thought this necessary.

Last edited by jac; 05-02-2014 at 04:16 AM.
05-02-2014, 04:52 AM   #8572
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Sorry, I can't come and play right now. I have to wash the dishes.
Just finished the dishes/lunch and too tired to post more ... let me have another café or three ...
05-03-2014, 06:42 AM   #8573
Forum Member

When I met my wife my refrigerator had a jug of iced tea, a jar of Miracle Whip, and a 250 foot roll of Plus-X. I think there was a loaf of bread in the cupboard.
So you were getting by on Miracle Whip sandwiches?

05-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #8574
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Brand X Quote
So you were getting by on Miracle Whip sandwiches?
Only when I ran out of bologna, but McDonald's was just down the street.
05-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #8575
Lens Buying Addict

I had half a case of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese dinner, couple pounds of margarine and a partially-consumed gallon jug of milk. I think there was a carton of Marlboros in my desk drawer and a case of Budweiser under the bed (hidden from the 'drop-in' losers from the next apartment down the hall).
05-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #8576
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I had half a case of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese dinner, couple pounds of margarine and a partially-consumed gallon jug of milk. I think there was a carton of Marlboros in my desk drawer and a case of Budweiser under the bed (hidden from the 'drop-in' losers from the next apartment down the hall).
Hope you drank the Bud, tossed the smokes and the margarine and later bought a New York strip sirloin to grille. I remember hiding good stuff from losers as well. Occasionally I would not find my cache until months later. Youth is testing the limits of both memory and stamina.
05-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #8577
Lens Buying Addict

Used the milk and margarine for the Mac and Cheese, drank the beer, smoked the fags and used the empty milk jug to drag around a mixture of 50% grain alcohol / 50% Hi-C grape drink on a clothesline tied to a belt loop the next weekend.

I was reminded of the grain punch last spring by another guy who went to the party. We called the milk jug Mort. (Pass me Mort, will 'ya?). I met my wife at that party.

She was not impressed.

Guess I cleaned up my act just enough.
05-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #8578
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

[quote=monochrome;2801096]a mixture of 50% grain alcohol / 50% Hi-C grape drink[quote]

We made that fine elixir at my alma mater, Univ. of Western Ontario; colours, purple and white. We felt it was fitting. For pre-game warm-ups, it was served in an toilet bowl. The left-overs were smuggled into the stadium in Mickey bottles in the bells on our Sousaphones (I was in the marching band). I have a very clear recollection of almost all of the first-halves of every game though I'm sure they must have played the second-halves.
QuoteQuote:
She was not impressed.
I'm not sure anyone was impressed except our little group. Certainly the campus police weren't.
05-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #8579
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I never went to college. Wow, did I ever miss out on things!
05-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #8580
Site Supporter

I`we always wondered if campus police like doughnuts as much as "real" cops do?
Could a super-giant doughnut, jammed down the throat of Godzilla, suffocate the beast and therefore save Tokyo?

BTW.
Just buying the flour and the yeast would kill any hociR budget.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 05-03-2014 at 05:48 PM.