Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2014, 05:50 PM - 1 Like   #8581
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just for those of you who don't know Ontario Universities, the University of Western is the party school, and the school for pretty girls to meet nerds in the MBA program. And yes Tess went there for a while. If you meet someone from Waterloo, you know they're a very serious smart person, they flunk out serious smart people just to make sure whats left are really serious smart people. If you meet someone from University of Toronto, they might be smart, but they probably couldn't get into Waterloo. If you meet someone from York they're probably an arts student, Queens University has a great engineering department populated mostly by really smart people who weren't serious enough to pass first year at Waterloo. Carlton, is mostly Ottawa civil servants kids who didn't want to leave home... boring... The Universities of Brock, Lakehead, Ottawa, Windsor are also populated by those who would miss mom's home cooking if residence was more than 15 minutes from home. Brock does have a specialty in geology, anyone who graduates from that department is an alcoholic, you couldn't survive the field trips if you weren't. Did I miss anyone, oh yes, McMaster, I've never met anyone from there so I have no idea why anyone would go there.

There ya go, the Ontario guide to Ontario Universities, and who goes there. Explained just so you know where jac's alma matter stacks up. It doesn't explain why I won't buy a K-3, unless you can read between the lines.

05-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #8582
Site Supporter

Oh my, college aggression among people old enough to forget. Your schools were the Best of All Possible Schools. Your Frats never had a sexual assault Homecoming. All grads became wealthy. And these days the Boys immortalize their behavior with cell phone pics.
05-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #8583
Loyal Site Supporter

We used to get intern mining engineers from Queens. Most were pretty good kids but occasionally you would find one of the serious smart ones who was a true hazard to himself around mining equipment. I am not sure whether or not they were "really serious smart" or just "serious smart." Either way it was just best to ship them back to corporate headquarters. If that wasn't possible we would just pair them up with the orneriest, meanest general foreman on the property. One summer of that and most would just change their majors.
05-04-2014, 02:33 AM   #8584
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I`we always wondered if campus police like doughnuts as much as "real" cops do?
Could a super-giant doughnut, jammed down the throat of Godzilla, suffocate the beast and therefore save Tokyo?

BTW.
Just buying the flour and the yeast would kill any hociR budget.

Bizarro by Dan Piraro - May 01, 2014 | Comics | Comics Kingdom - Comic Strips, Editorial Cartoons, Sunday Funnies, Jokes

Not taken with a K-3.

05-04-2014, 02:59 AM   #8585
Site Supporter

Not taken with a K-3 ... even more perfect !

If they were to "eat out", would "Chinese" equate with Beijing/Peking ?!
05-04-2014, 05:20 AM   #8586
Site Supporter

That`s funny.
05-04-2014, 05:34 AM - 1 Like   #8587
Site Supporter

No time, no time, no time ... to ponder a "hociR the Horrible" acquisition.

When not washing dishes and/or making dinner, too busy playing "Mad Scientist" with the SPAM Classic machine ... This time a Voigtlander Color-Ultron 50/1.8 in Rollei QBM mount, plus my homemade hard felt spacer to fill in the gap between the mounts of the "force fit" ... nice results, but far focus ends at about 1m. (Did the same thing with a CZ Planar 50/1.8, also in QBM)

Rio Rico ... I miss you !!!

Signed - Your humble servant, Igor ...

05-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #8588
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Oh my, college aggression among people old enough to forget. Your schools were the Best of All Possible Schools. Your Frats never had a sexual assault Homecoming. All grads became wealthy. And these days the Boys immortalize their behavior with cell phone pics.
Seems as though things must have changed for the worst in the last 45 years. Heck, i never joined a frat, never got rich (still working at sixty eight 'cause there's no pension to speak of) and I don't even own a cell phone.

05-04-2014, 07:07 AM   #8589
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Unfortunately, my observations are based on years of observation.... not college aggression. I don't have a horse in this race. I did do my Education Certificate at Queens, but no BA. Years of talking to graduates, noticing who ended up where, etc. . If you teach high school and many graduates come back to talk to you for years after they graduate, you find out all kinds of stuff.
05-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #8590
Loyal Site Supporter

ROFL! You beat me to it. Same 'toon in our paper and I didn't have a chance to get it into a format for posting.
05-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #8591
Site Supporter

Looks like they already ate the Pentax.

Steve
05-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #8592
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Looks like they already ate the Pentax.
Ah, yes, that happened back in 2011. But you already knew that, I'm sure...
05-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #8593
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Ah, yes, that happened back in 2011. But you already knew that, I'm sure...
That event has been pushed to the farthest recesses of my conscious mind by the hociR.

Steve
05-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #8594
Site Supporter

More FB silliness ... then again, OK for this thread

05-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #8595
Emperor and Senpai

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
More FB silliness ... then again, OK for this thread
mmmmm, bacon