Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #8746
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by John Poirier Quote
Let's get serious here. Has it occurred to anyone that the K3 is totally useless without batteries?
For that you have to buy the optional hand-driven generator grip, but that only works well when shooting in portrait orientation...another reason to not buy a K-3.

Steve

05-26-2014, 05:37 AM   #8747
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Oh, yeah...I remember the movie, and the scene Steve
'The Full Monty,' a hilarious small movie, and that was the Tom Jones version, which is every bit as good.
05-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #8748
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
'The Full Monty,' a hilarious small movie, and that was the Tom Jones version, which is every bit as good.
I never saw "The Full Monty", though I heard it was good. I suspect that the hociR was involved at some level.

Steve
05-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #8749
Loyal Site Supporter

I never saw "The Full Monty", though I heard it was good. I suspect that the hociR was involved at some level.

Steve
I've seen it, but I've never done it. And had I done it, here's hoping hociR would not ahve been in the room.

05-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #8750

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I'm not dead guys. I promise! I've just been busy the last couple of weeks.
I see you have been lurking, but not posting. Does the livE hociR have his grip on you?
05-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #8751
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
Ask a Lady advice of the day: chocolate and single malt whiskey do wonders for getting on our good side.
You may have my share of the world's single-malt, and I'll have your share of the bourbon, thanks. With respect to the chocolate, though, I'm sure we can negotiate. No need to involve the livE hociR.
05-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #8752
Site Supporter

I would caution and warn all of you that despite the soothing words of the hociR, software tool support for the K-3 by Apple and even Adobe is still inadequate.* They are part of the plan and the plan bodes poorly for both you and for Tokyo.

Steve

* Nope, still no K-3 support for the Sigma 17-70/2.8-4 (C) despite the camera providing the appropriate Sigma codes.
05-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #8753
Site Supporter

I would caution and warn all of you that despite the soothing words of the hociR, software tool support for the K-3 by Apple and even Adobe is still inadequate.* They are part of the plan and the plan bodes poorly for both you and for Tokyo.

Steve

* Nope, still no K-3 support for the Sigma 17-70/2.8-4 (C) despite the camera providing the appropriate Sigma codes.
But the camera makes such gorgeous images! Hard for me to blame Apple, Google or whoever. The K3 just works. I for one am happy I bought it. Now if it would just generate bacon and Igunaq, all would be well. Seems that the bacon generator requires a software update. This may be reason for some to Not Buy a K-3.

05-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #8754
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
But the camera makes such gorgeous images!
That is totally unwarranted accuracy in a thread devoted unsolicited ravings and innuendo about Corporate branding.
QuoteQuote:
Now if it would just generate bacon and Igunaq.
As Monochrome has so aptly phrased it, the Hocir has a plan. This capability will be bundled with the recently and dramatically unannounced FF.
05-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #8755
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
That is totally unwarranted accuracy in a thread devoted unsolicited ravings and innuendo about Corporate branding.

As Monochrome has so aptly phrased it, the Hocir has a plan. This capability will be bundled with the recently and dramatically unannounced FF.
FF equals bacon for life? Cool. Now I must buy FA Limited lenses. All your fault, Jac. I will live under a bridge with my new FA Ltds because my Spousal Unit will have thrown me out. But I will have nice lenses, and the K3, and when a FF Pentax arrives, I will emerge from nether bridge worlds to claim my place as a lousy photographer with too much gear.
05-28-2014, 04:33 AM - 1 Like   #8756
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
FF equals bacon for life? Cool. Now I must buy FA Limited lenses. All your fault, Jac. I will live under a bridge with my new FA Ltds because my Spousal Unit will have thrown me out. But I will have nice lenses, and the K3, and when a FF Pentax arrives, I will emerge from nether bridge worlds to claim my place as a lousy photographer with too much gear.
Please refer to previous threads related subterfuge when the brown-shirts arrive. What the SP doesn't know, won't hurt you.
05-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #8757
Site Supporter

...anybody home...

Echo...Echo...Echo...

Steve

---------- Post added 05-29-14 at 11:36 AM ----------

...all obviously having been taken by the hociR. A pity, really.

Steve
05-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #8758
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bueller............................

Bueller...........................

Bueller...........................?
05-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #8759
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow, 8758+ replies in this thread!! Is this the largest/longest thread here on PF?
05-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #8760
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Wow, 8758+ replies in this thread!! Is this the largest/longest thread here on PF?
I don't know, but it definitely is the strangest.

Steve