Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2014, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #8851
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Plenty of bacon and cheese so no problem
Problem. Bacon is gastronomically and psychologically additive. Cheese is even worse. Digestive breakdown of the casein produces casomorphins which have an effect on the brain similar to morphine or LBA. They create a feeling of calmness and euphoria similar to holding that new lens the Brownshirts dropped on your doorstep; the one with hociR emblazoned on the box and engraved on the body. It's all a part of the plot, the Grand Conspiracy to destroy motivation in the unsuspecting consumer. Taken together, snacking cheese while gazing at that new acquisition, will create an immediate need to get online to B&H's or Adorama's websites.
Caveat emptor.

06-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #8852
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
They create a feeling of calmness and euphoria similar to holding that new lens the Brownshirts Purplebellies dropped on your doorstep; the one with hociR emblazoned on the box and engraved on the body. It's all a part of the plot, the Grand Conspiracy to destroy motivation in the unsuspecting consumer.
Why do I feel like Browncoats would shoot Pentax?
06-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #8853
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Why do I feel like Browncoats would shoot Pentax?
I thought the Browncoats were the good guys.* It is the Brownshirts we have to watch for.

Steve

* Obscure Firefly reference...
06-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #8854
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I thought the Browncoats were the good guys.* It is the Brownshirts we have to watch for.

Steve

* Obscure Firefly reference...
Yes - so they would rebel against the ecnaillA hociR (Purplebellies, not Porkbellies) and gaffer tape the hociR, wouldn't they?*

Would they then be Flanboys?

Last edited by monochrome; 06-04-2014 at 05:11 PM.
06-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #8855

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
You know how Humpies get pinkish/red when they return to their spawning ground to complete the cycle of their lives? This one was named Floyd. Ergo, "Pink" Floyd.

The picture is from a really great artist in Ketchikan, Ray Troll. Check out his "fin" art here: The Fin Art Of Ray Troll

Oh, cool. I'm definitely going to see about finding some of his stuff when we stop in Ketchikan! Only a half day there and part of that I'm doing a seaplane tour of Misty Fjords, but still enough to see the town a bit. but my K-30 will be with me, not a K-3!!!

Jim
Here is some location info and history:

QuoteQuote:
The Soho Coho art gallery is located in the historic Star Building at #5 Creek Street in Ketchikan, Alaska.
Ray and Michelle Troll opened the gallery in 1992. It's appropriately situated above a salmon spawning stream in K-town's notorious former red light district.
The Star Building was the biggest house-of-ill-repute on the street and featured a hardwood dance floor with a large inlaid star. The original star is still there today.
And a location map:

Pretty cool for a place that was originally a place where Ladies of the Night used to ply their "trade".

If I ever get up that way it will be on my itinerary too!

I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it ... (You can't have it!)*

*Don't you dare think that. That's a line from the song.
"Think How Much I'll Save . . . . . . "

"You Can't Have It!"

{A K3, of course!}

QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
I wish I'd joined this thread sooner to contribute more observations. I thought all photography forums were moderated by iron-fisted Napoleonic types who don't allow OT tangents, until I came across that one thread in this forum about the difference between MIJ and AIV lenses involving the former being polished on Japanese virgins' thighs.

Which, by the way, is why K3 will never become FA.
Yes, this is a really great forum, with a very diverse and unique collection of members, who are all really great people.

And polished on a Japanese virgin's thighs.

Oh, baby!

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Clearly, not all of them. We try and keep thread drift to a minum, but we also aren't opposed to some harmless fun. It's even been rumored that a moderator, whose name we won't mention, has been involved in the perpetuation of this thread.
You are my hero!

QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
I set my K-3 down on the kitchen table just now. When I glanced out the window, I saw its reflection - and there was the hociR!!! Yet when I looked at my camera, the hociR was gone. Is the hociR some sort of inter-dimensional being? I'm afraid to open the SD slot to process my photos for fear of unleashing something sinister. Help!
Well if the mirror is a flappin' then set it down and back away slowly. Call 911, and let the pros handle it.

QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
Remember, when thou retrievest the SD card from its slot, you must recite the words, 'Klaatu Barada Nikto'.
Classic!

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Well, in a blatant attempt to derail this thread, I have decided to purchase a K-3.

I just know that the camera is the problem behind all of my bad shots and the K-3 will solve that. And of course I only intend to use it at Glacier National Park in Montana, USA as I have found that is is impossible to take a bad photograph in that place.
No!

Do not give in to the livE hociR!

Whatever you do, just keep using the K5IIs and the K5. They are perfectly capable cameras, and will continue to be so. If you need, there is a group you can join.

K-3 User's Anonymous

PM me and I'll send you the contact info. And I would be delighted to be your sponsor.

Oh Mighty Pentax, give us the grace to avoid with serenity
The livE hociR that cannot be changed
Courage to keep using out non-hociR branded cameras
And the wisdom to distinguish hociR from Pentax

I want the one with the tiara.
I'm all over this, me too!

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Sooooo ... Are we going to go back and rehash all that "K-3some" stuff again ... ?!
Ménagerie de trois! Oh oui! Comptez sur moi!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
All I see is...Trouble.
That's the kind of trouble I don't mind . . . . .
06-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #8856
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I was listening to the BBC this morning. They had a show on the short life-span of people in Glasgow. They did mention that macaroni cheese formed a popular food choice at the supermarket - a complete meal. They were presenting two arguments for the low lifespan in Glasgow - neither of which was nutrition related.
06-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #8857
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I was listening to the BBC this morning. They had a show on the short life-span of people in Glasgow. They did mention that macaroni cheese formed a popular food choice at the supermarket - a complete meal. They were presenting two arguments for the low lifespan in Glasgow - neither of which was nutrition related.
My Grandmother's ancestors immigrated from Glasgow in 1700 and she lived to be 95. It must be a current phenomenon, probably based on Bacon and CHees consumption, (both high salt food) and the lack of K-3 purchases. After all, why would a Scot buy a K-3 when a second hand K-30 will do practically the same thing? I own't buy (another) K-3 because my Grandmother was descended from Scots.

Or maybe Glasgow residents are dying young because their ancestors didn't immigrate to Maine in 1700. Clearly a poor decision.

Also, it's about 5 years since I last watched Firefly/Serenity, it's getting to be time again.

Last edited by normhead; 06-05-2014 at 01:06 PM.
06-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #8858
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My Grandmother immigrated from Glasgow in 1700 and she lived to be 95. It must be a current phenomenon, probably based on Bacon and CHees consumption, (both high salt food) and the lack of K-3 purchases. After all, why would a Scot buy a K-3 when a second hand K-30 will do practically the same thing? I own't buy (another) K-3 because my Grandmother was descended from Scots.

Or maybe Glasgow residents are dying young because their ancestors didn't immigrate to Maine in 1700. Clearly a poor decision.

Also, it's about 5 years since I last watched Firefly/Serenity, it's getting to be time again.

Normhead, watch out! Kerrowdown will post a picture of you doing something embarrassing.

It was a recent phenomenon they were referring to - it has become painfully obvious post Thatcher closures of the factories and shipyards, but another theory had that it was begun with the import of labour for the establishment of the shipyards and factories, also post 1700.

06-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #8859
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
1700...not a good year for Scots.

Steve
06-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #8860
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Normhead, watch out! Kerrowdown will post a picture of you doing something embarrassing.

It was a recent phenomenon they were referring to - it has become painfully obvious post Thatcher closures of the factories and shipyards, but another theory had that it was begun with the import of labour for the establishment of the shipyards and factories, also post 1700.
I imagine there are a number of factors that took place after 1700. One of them being the birth of Kerrowdown... do you suppose that's at all related?
06-05-2014, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #8861
Pentaxian

Will twerk for K3

06-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #8862
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Will twerk for K3
That right there will keep me from buying a K3.
Only a dumb fan-operated whatchamacallit would stick their wet plastic hair to a frozen telephone pole.
06-06-2014, 03:27 AM   #8863
Site Supporter

Yesterday's "TBT quiz" from FB hociR page ... they blurred the name so as to replace it with "hociR" !!!

Why they left the "PENTAX" ... I have no idea . (What else is wrong with this pic ...)

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

06-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #8864
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
(What else is wrong with this pic ...)
Ya got me...what else is wrong?

Oh...I see...wrong lens.

Steve
06-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #8865
Site Supporter