Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #9091
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looking at your deleted posts, none of them linked to a photo. A link to a photo would end in .jpg, .png. .bmp, etc. On flickr, I think you need to click share > BB Code.

06-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #9092
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Looking at your deleted posts, none of them linked to a photo. A link to a photo would end in .jpg, .png. .bmp, etc. On flickr, I think you need to click share > BB Code.
Ok, I tried to edit the post. I repeated steps, making sure I copied the correct code. It still did not work, so I put the old link back in. I haven't been able to do it in the past either, so maybe my phone is the culprit. lol
Will shut up & lurk for a while now.
06-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #9093
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This morning around 5:00 am I heard a scratching going on above the finished ceiling in my basement office. Removed one ceiling panel and saw a little, tiny hociR three-lined ground squirrel (AKA chipmunk) rear end as s/he disappeared out a tiny hole in my foundation. Little Alvin had been furiously chewing a hole in a floor joist (to what purpose I don't know, but he might have read the squirrel blog from Rupert's Jeep wire's).

Now I've had mice and I've had bugs and once I even had a rat - but I've never had any kind of squirrels in my house. The exterminator tells me they're really hard to convince a house isn't the best place on earth to make tunnels once they start.
Back in my "livin in the country " days, I learned a 22 will convince them real quick.
06-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #9094
Emperor and Senpai

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Back in my "livin in the country " days, I learned a 22 will convince them real quick.
So will a cat. At least my cat. She tries to eat any animal or bug that isn't another cat.

06-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #9095
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Would this be the critter?
Yep, that's a possum. I had one in my garbage can! scared the wiz water out of me!! They hiss and drool !! lovely creatures! The link worked for me by the way.
06-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #9096
Pentaxian

I caught this one stealing eggs out of my chicken pen - little thief...
06-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #9097
jac
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Little Alvin had been furiously chewing a hole in a floor joist to what purpose I don't know ...
Obviously practicing to become a beaver when it grows up.
06-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #9098
Site Supporter

Norwegian squirrel's and possums do not come close to this thing.
The body was as long as my forearm, then add a tail almost as long. Bunch of guys saw it climb the building, They were about 300 feet away and saw it do it`s climb.
Godzilla squirrel

06-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #9099
Emperor and Senpai

If you found salt, a pentagram, and half burnt candles around that wasn't a squirrel
06-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #9100
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Norwegian squirrel's and possums do not come close to this thing.
The body was as long as my forearm, then add a tail almost as long. Bunch of guys saw it climb the building, They were about 300 feet away and saw it do it`s climb.
Godzilla squirrel
The MNR here say that when people report wildlife, they always estimate it's size and weight to be twice what it is. Maybe you just fell prey to the excitement of the moment.
06-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #9101

was it, by any chance, a half squirrel, half chicken, like this?

if it was, then Dr.Roberts was right!!!11!
06-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #9102
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The MNR here say that when people report wildlife, they always estimate it's size and weight to be twice what it is. Maybe you just fell prey to the excitement of the moment.
I work with skeptics. No excitement here"what the hell...check this out...you see what I see" is all we got out of the people that witnessed this oddity.

---------- Post added 06-24-14 at 11:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
was it, by any chance, a half squirrel, half chicken, like this?

if it was, then Dr.Roberts was right!!!11!
Nope, that would be too easy of an explenation

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 06-24-2014 at 08:20 PM.
06-25-2014, 12:45 AM   #9103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Mag, somebody is going to buy that K-30. Don't you deserve it more than some nameless, faceless person? Hmmmmmm?
Yup, and I just did! :P
06-25-2014, 02:03 AM - 1 Like   #9104
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.
I don't mean to be rude but that is really silly! It doesn't matter what make of camera you have, so long as you get the pictures right. My friends wedding was shot with a Pentax, this ridiculous attitude that you have to have a Canon or a Nikon before your taken seriously is rather stupid. It really does wind me up when people say to me 'you won't get anywhere without a Nikon, blah blah'. I probably don't get taken seriously as a car driver because I have a Mini, when In reality I should have a Farahri? Cecil Beeton never had any of this posh gear.
06-25-2014, 03:44 AM   #9105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Yup, and I just did! :P
SCORE!! HociR is turned away!
QuoteOriginally posted by AuraTodd Quote
because I have a Mini
I always wanted a Mini!! So whats your thoughts on bacon, cheese, ammo, trucks, red K-30s, winter, spring, summer, fall, gardens, beer, possums, and NSFW photos??
Welcome to the pub!!