Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #9121
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I always brush my teeth before retiring for the evening. That might be taking into account my own self-interest before the next morning (I never said that), but I always have and always do.

One should not make inferences from a long history of internet postings. <g>

In point of fact, I was enlisted by a young lady one Sunday morning to transport such an example of juvenile malehood from a dark corner in her sorority house to his apparent point of origin. I threw him in the back of my 1967 Volkswagen Squareback. Something came out of every orifice on his body, including his ears. My car was never the same.

I did once awaken on the floor of a sorority house snuzzled up to the derriere of one of its members. But it doesn't count because the sun had not yet come up. That's what she said, anyway.

As I recall, it was a nice snuzzle.

Unfortunately I didn't own a hociR at the time so there aren't pictures - and as we all know, if there aren't pictures, it never happened.
Your proof question Mono, hociR or not. How many times did your Bosch fuel injection die on you?

06-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #9122
Site Supporter

I here and now, claim a patent on thee Lute-Fisk Extract as a Godzilla repellent.
06-25-2014, 07:26 PM   #9123
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
What he really means he once woke up on the floor of frat house snuzzled up to some frat boy's derrriere, and it wasn't pleasant. In fact I'd guess it's caused him severe psychological trauma. But hey, just a guess based on circumstantial evidence.
06-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #9124
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Your proof question Mono, hociR or not. How many times did your Bosch fuel injection die on you?
Jeez, it was 1973. I didn't even remember it had Bosch fuel injection. But IIRC that never happened. Threw a rod once and had the engine rebuilt. Favorite feature was the lever next to the seat -> Opened up a butterfly valve on the end of a 3" insulated hose that piped heat from an exhaust heat-exchanger directly onto my left ankle. Temperature was either blistering or off. In the winter there was an acquired skill to heating the car; On / Off / On / Off. There was an identical arrangement for the passenger, but typically the passenger hadn't acquired the skill. If the passenger was a Tri Delt I would casually say, as I was opening her heater vent, "I'm not feeling up your thigh."

My car was murdered by a housemate a week before I graduated. Literally. He shot the car. Literally. IIRC I got $300 salvage.

Last edited by monochrome; 06-26-2014 at 09:59 AM.
06-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #9125
Loyal Site Supporter

Noted and filed for future reference.
Well, I guess this indicates that - today anyway - I'm not on your boriscleto™ List
06-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #9126
Pentaxian

Well, I guess this indicates that - today anyway - I'm not on your boriscleto™ List
Ha ha, you never were, the guys on my list are the guys who , when they tell me what they think I said, it has nothing to do with what I said. No doubt a conflict between my communication style, and their comprehension style. I have no problem with folks disagreeing with me, as long as they don't mis-represent what I'm saying.... or act stupid when the data doesn't support their point and brilliant when the data does. I like it when folks are either constantly stupid, or consistently brilliant.

In my experience that doesn't change... so if you're not on my list, you never were, and probably never will be. And I often read the posts some of those guys put up, as long as it's in a thread where they might have something to useful to say. IN no way does being on my ignore list make a person an idiot. Just someone it's better if I ignore them, for all our sakes.

And even when I read them, it's better if I can just walk away and pretend I didn't. They didn't get on my ignore list for nothing.
06-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #9127
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

when they tell me what they think I said, it has nothing to do with what I said.
I know you think you understand what you heard me say, but you don't understand that what I actually said is not what you heard.
06-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #9128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I know you think you understand what you heard me say, but you don't understand that what I actually said is not what you heard.
Exactly, with some folks it happens all the time, with most, it never happens. It's one of those mysteries of the universe.

The way I heard it was even more ambiguous...

"What I meant to say is not what you think you heard."

A no fault failure to communicate.
I'd love it, except that the first time I heard it, it was spoken by a guy in a position of power, who was lying through his teeth to save his job.

Last edited by normhead; 06-26-2014 at 11:07 AM.
06-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #9129
Forum Member

As i am typing t his the council are putting electric charge points in the car park behind my house for electric cars ( remember the 60's song the times are a changing) they will probably have electric running mini's.

I have a red K30
06-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #9130
Site Supporter

And while we're on another topic - what's the difference between doves and pigeons?

Oh, forgot to ask; would Aperture One support the K-3? If so that's reason good enough not to buy one. Of either.

Last edited by savoche; 06-26-2014 at 12:05 PM.
06-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #9131
Site Supporter

OMG, OMG, OMG !!!

Today's TBT question on hociR's FB page is just too tough ... Quote: "Happy #ThrowbackThursday! Can you name this camera from back in the day?"

06-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #9132
Loyal Site Supporter

what's the difference between girls and boys?
06-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #9133
Site Supporter

what's the difference between girls and boys?
None. At least not if the boys get to play with the Mini Aperture One.
06-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #9134

Photos: Albums
I have some news for you, mate..
06-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #9135
Site Supporter

Well, at least the French got credit for getting something right ... and the Aperture One Mini could replace that Morgan clamp thingy ...