Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #9346
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,724
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I need bacon or I may be tempted by the siren song of hociR.
Oh no, not another one? Plug your ears with bacon! That should divert your attention somewhat!

But that song is so sweet...

07-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #9347
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,061
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I need bacon or I may be tempted by the siren song of hociR.
Bacon fat injection right now, or you WILL be doomed.
07-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #9348
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,832
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But we have to be inclusive... and if we were to get bacon ( back on... ) topic, so many who have bought K-3s would be excluded from the conversation. As forum we generally try to be inclusive, and embrace each other's insanity.
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I need bacon or I may be tempted by the siren song of hociR.
Bacon in a cinnamon roll, with cream cheese icing.



Insanity?

Maybe.

Siren song?

Perhaps.

Tasty?

You bet!

Enough to keep the hociR at bay?

Well for today, to be sure.
07-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #9349
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,724
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Bacon in a cinnamon roll, with cream cheese icing.
Yeah, a real heart stopper if I ever saw one. Enough of those and you'll be safe from the hociR permanently!

07-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #9350
Pentaxian
RoxnDox's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gig Harbor, Washington, USA, Terra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,097
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yeah, a real heart stopper if I ever saw one. Enough of those and you'll be safe from the hociR permanently!
Ah, but what a way to go… Shuffling off this mortal coil, due to a very tasty little coil of heart-stopping power!
07-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #9351
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,832
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yeah, a real heart stopper if I ever saw one. Enough of those and you'll be safe from the hociR permanently!
Well I whipped out a batch this morning, for Mrs. Racer and I. They were a great accompaniment to our Saturday morning coffee. I shot a couple of photos with my K5IIs. When I get some time I will post them here.

If my arteries don't get jammed up first.
07-12-2014, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #9352
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,487
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Well I whipped out a batch this morning, for Mrs. Racer and I. They were a great accompaniment to our Saturday morning coffee. ..............

If my arteries don't get jammed up first.
So - I come here for vicarious bacon.

Mine was - Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal Squares with skim milk, apple slices and melon.

My stent thanks me.
07-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #9353
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,107
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
skim milk,
Yech!

07-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #9354
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,382
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yech!
"Ditto!!!" - Blazing Saddles
07-12-2014, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #9355
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,107
Time for a Refresher

Occasionally (and inexplicably) we have someone post in this thread without reading each and every post first. I know, I know, shocking but true. I posted this some time back, but I think it's time for a reminder of what we're all about here.

Thirteen score and 15 days ago, a member brought forth upon this forum a new thread; conceived in disgruntlement and dedicated to the proposition that no camera should bear the name Ricoh.
Now we are engaged in a great mockery, testing whether that thread, or any thread so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
We are met in a great thread of that mockery. We have come to dedicate a portion of this thread (well, just post #1), as a final resting place for those who here gave their opinion that Pentax shot itself in the foot. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this thread. The brave men and women, living and dead, who opined here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the loyal Pentaxians, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored Pentaxians we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these loyal members shall not have posted in vain -- that this forum, under Adam, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that forum of the Pentaxians, by the Pentaxians, for the Pentaxians, shall not perish from the internet.


(Sincere apologies to Abraham Lincoln)
07-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #9356
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,216
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
We have come to dedicate a portion of this thread (well, just post #1), as a final resting place for those who here gave their opinion that Pentax shot itself in the foot.
Amen...and let us not forget the future sufferings of Tokyo and that of those who have heard the hociR's siren call.

That is a wonderful thing to post on this "World Pentax Day".


Steve
07-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #9357
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,832
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So - I come here for vicarious bacon.

Mine was - Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal Squares with skim milk, apple slices and melon.

My stent thanks me.
We had some yogurt too, just not the Greek kind.

It offsets the cholesterol laden bacon. Life is all about balance.
07-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #9358
Moderator
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,832
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Occasionally (and inexplicably) we have someone post in this thread without reading each and every post first. I know, I know, shocking but true. I posted this some time back, but I think it's time for a reminder of what we're all about here.

Thirteen score and 15 days ago, a member brought forth upon this forum a new thread; conceived in disgruntlement and dedicated to the proposition that no camera should bear the name Ricoh.
Now we are engaged in a great mockery, testing whether that thread, or any thread so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
We are met in a great thread of that mockery. We have come to dedicate a portion of this thread (well, just post #1), as a final resting place for those who here gave their opinion that Pentax shot itself in the foot. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this thread. The brave men and women, living and dead, who opined here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the loyal Pentaxians, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored Pentaxians we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these loyal members shall not have posted in vain -- that this forum, under Adam, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that forum of the Pentaxians, by the Pentaxians, for the Pentaxians, shall not perish from the internet.


(Sincere apologies to Abraham Lincoln)
Very nice Jim!
07-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #9359
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,382
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Very nice Jim!
"Ditto!!!"
07-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #9360
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,487
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Very nice Jim!
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
"Ditto!!!"
Tritto!!!
Reply
« False colour | - »

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
arctic cold, aussie shepherds, bacon, basque paella, beer, caffeine, camera, canada, catch 22, cheddar, cheese, dachsunds, dew, drink, dslr, gin, hair, igunaq, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, maine, marital relations, mother, mountain, norm, patent, pentax k-3, pentax lens, possums, research, ricoh, rupert, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, study, toilet, tokyo, veggies, vermont, world
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I will buy a K3 chicagojohn Pentax K-3 80 09-18-2016 08:42 AM
Suggestion Neutralize the 'why I won't buy a k-3' thread crewl1 Site Suggestions and Help 61 10-04-2014 05:08 PM
Why I Won't Be Buying A K5IIs Racer X 69 Pentax K-5 40 02-03-2014 08:12 PM
Why I don't buy Pentax lenses keyser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 44 12-20-2012 01:58 AM
I feel so old: 8 things the facebook gen won't buy Nesster General Talk 27 04-22-2012 11:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top